Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX

Please forgive me if this type thread has been started already. I went back and searched, and couldn't find anything on the topic. If I missed it, consider me a newbie to this internet thingamabob.

February 8th can't come soon enough based on the marketing campaign.

And more is on the way.

Last edited by Killercroc357; 01-09-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    And more is on the way.

I like the the homage to the comicbook look in this poster,

I really hope this show turns out good.

Really looking forward to this show. It feels like one of those shows that's really wants to be something different. DC has established a winning formula with its CW shows. Marvel has found a winning formula with its Netflix shows. Now, Fox needs to find that formula with its X-men shows. Hope this show can establish that. It's a novel concept, focusing on a character like Legion. If it works, it can open the door to more X-men shows.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Really looking forward to this show. It feels like one of those shows that's really wants to be something different. DC has established a winning formula with its CW shows. Marvel has found a winning formula with its Netflix shows. Now, Fox needs to find that formula with its X-men shows. Hope this show can establish that. It's a novel concept, focusing on a character like Legion. If it works, it can open the door to more X-men shows.
    I have to agree. I've always been more an X-Franchise reader and fan for years with Marvel Comics. So to see this universe treated right like X-Men: First Class and Days of Future Past did for the movies would be great. And since there is already another X-Men TV show waiting in the wings ( Fox Orders Pilot of Marvel X-Men Based TV Series ) but on the Fox channel, this could expand quickly. Interesting, as Fox currently runs 'Lucifer' and 'Gotham' as well. So scheduling competing properties will be a slight balancing act.

They killed off the Hellfire Club concept, which I was wondering how that would move forward anyway as a standalone show.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I kinda want to be excited but it feels to much like Lost or such. get ready for the last episode to be it was all in his head or he uncreated everything he did by removing himself from existance.

Legion Producer Explains How Professor Xavier Fits Into The Show

In an interview with IGN, Lauren Shuler Donner took time to speak about Legion and was asked how Professor Xavier would play a role in the show. As readers know, the wise telepath fathered David with Gabrielle Haller, but Donner is warning fans that Legion won’t dive into that mystery quite yet.

“We just don't want to get into the Xavier world, because that's not what this show is about,” she explained.

“Probably the driving mystery is, yes, who is David? But not in that sense. It's more, "Is David schizophrenic? Is he crazy? Or does he have powers?" That is the mystery. "Who is David?””

When asked whether the decision to avoid Professor Xavier was an intentional one, Donner said it was. However, the producer promised the show touches on the topic here and there.

If anyone wants to, they can discuss Legion tv show or any of the X-Men tv show/movies for that matter on this thread, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If anyone wants to, they can discuss Legion tv show or any of the X-Men tv show/movies for that matter on this thread, too.
    That's my bad in searching for TV show discussions in the Media section versus in the Comic Book section. But then when I searched in the Comic Book section, I found multiple threads on the same topic.

X-MEN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

FOR WE ARE MANY: LEGION APPRECIATION

Legion Appreciation Thread

LEGION THE TV SHOW. UH THANKS BUT NO.

HOW DO LEGION'S POWERS WORK?

LEGION T.V. SERIES TRAILER

And I bet if I dig, there are many more. So if it is okay with you, maybe we keep the TV discussion here in the Media section so as not to detract from the Comic Book section discussion. But I appreciate you pointing out one of the threads. No offense meant to you - or anyone else.

Last edited by Killercroc357; 01-17-2017 at 07:12 AM.

That's my bad in searching for TV show discussions in the Media section versus in the Comic Book section. But then when I searched in the Comic Book section, I found multiple threads on the same topic.

X-MEN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

FOR WE ARE MANY: LEGION APPRECIATION

Legion Appreciation Thread

LEGION THE TV SHOW. UH THANKS BUT NO.

HOW DO LEGION'S POWERS WORK?

LEGION T.V. SERIES TRAILER

And I bet if I dig, there are many more. So if it is okay with you, maybe we keep the TV discussion here in the Media section so as not to detract from the Comic Book section discussion. But I appreciate you pointing out one of the threads. No offense meant to you - or anyone else.

Oh no. None taken. Most things here have more than one thread about them on different forums. And we get to have different views and opinions on them.

Last edited by SpiderClops; 01-17-2017 at 08:40 AM.

So assuming this isnt all in davids head mutants exists in this world they just arent known about by the public yet correct? Have they said if any other mutants will be making an appearance? Ones we would know not made up ones for the show

So far, the director has said there will be no traditional characters appearing, but for all the right reasons. He feels the show must prove itself first, and demonstrate it can stand on its own legs. I was actually really impressed with that statement, versus trying to milk the Hugh Jackman/Michael Fassbender/James McAvoy name recognition.

So far, the director has said there will be no traditional characters appearing, but for all the right reasons. He feels the show must prove itself first, and demonstrate it can stand on its own legs. I was actually really impressed with that statement, versus trying to milk the Hugh Jackman/Michael Fassbender/James McAvoy name recognition.
    They couldnt get them to do it anyway but not costantly name dropping theyre charatcters is refreshing, there are so many obscure mutants to milk,