Mighty Member

Default Songs/Music videos that make you CRY? :(

Kate Bush -Cloudbusting . Donald Sutherland, graciously appears as a Scientist declared crazy because of his rainmaking machine and is taken away by "the men in power".
    Kate in (autistic?) boy drag has to race up the hill, get the machine working and prove them wrong....

Tank - I can't make you love me. Smooth R&B reworking of the Bonnie Raitt break-up song. Video features tearful confrontations that make me glad I'm single!

and YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Kate Bush -Cloudbusting . Donald Sutherland, graciously appears as a Scientist declared crazy because of his rainmaking machine and is taken away by "the men in power".
    Kate in (autistic?) boy drag has to race up the hill, get the machine working and prove them wrong....

Tank - I can't make you love me. Smooth R&B reworking of the Bonnie Raitt break-up song. Video features tearful confrontations that make me glad I'm single!

and YOU?
    Tanks cover is my favorite aswell as Joe's cover of Hello.
    Jelous by labyrinth

The Poet and the Pendulum - Nightwish

To understand the song though you have to know the background of it. The song is a 14 minute masterpiece about a metaphorical suicide. Back in 2005 the band was in a bad place as things had come to a head between the band and their lead singer, Tarja Turenen. The band ended up firing Tarja due to some diva like behavior by her and her thinking she made the band. Plus her voice was extremely limiting as she could only sing operatic which appealed to some but turned off a lot as well. The original band members, including Tarja, had been friends since high school when they formed the band so it was hard on all of them. The keyboardist in Nightwish is Tuomas Holopainen and he writes and composes all their music and he took the firing, though necessary, very hard. He got very depressed and was considering suicide but instead wrote this masterpiece where he kills himself in the song. The song was originally recorded during the time of Nightwish's second lead singer but she was let go back in 2012 (a long story itself) and they are now on their 3rd singer whom 99% of Nightwish fans agree is by far the best of the bunch. The version below is with their 3rd singer during a live show they did at Wembley a few years back.

Like many Nightwish songs this song is a multi part song that shifts styles throughout. The softer parts are some of the most beautiful things I've ever heard sung (parts at 4:50 and 11:00) as their lead singer, Floor Jansen, has an amazing voice and her versatility is beyond imagination - she can do everything from death growls to opera and everything in between with ease and in some Nightwish songs does both within the same song.

If you listen to this song, its in 5 parts and each part has its own melodic style. Some are soft angelic parts, some are metal,and some are just rock. All amazing.

Last edited by TriggerWarning; 08-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Thinking about all the Master Recording Universal kept secret was lost in the 2008 fire.

Mighty Member

Fine on the outside (When Marnie was there)

Charlene by Anthony Hamilton.

Mighty Member

Time in a bottle. The original and the Muppet show version. Both sung by guys named Jim who died too young...

Retired

The video for the Beatles' "Real Love" always makes me tear up.

Rickie Lee Jones, "Skeletons." I don't think there was a video, but the story of a man who's driving his expecting wife to the hospital but gets pulled over and shot by a policeman while getting out his wallet doesn't really need one to illicit tears. (I think it was a true story too)

Still flying

This song and video came up while I was going through emotional stuffs. To add to the fact that this video is so emotional, my name is Michael so this still hits me hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1EhXF1lskA

Mighty Member

Marvin Gaye - God is love

Rooselvelt Franklin - Just Because . The early 70's Sesame street muppet sings a sweet little song about saying no to violence and war ("Those people over there they... they COULD BE FRIENDS OF MINE!!!)...

Mighty Member

videos don't really get under my skin the way music and songs do. off the top of my head....

Benjamin Britten's "War Requiem". there's a lot of places, but I really love his Recordare Jesu Pie, Lacrimosa, and Sanctus settings. the idea of combining Wilfred Owen's anti-war poems with the traditional requiem mass was pretty brilliant.

Johnny Cash singing "We'll Meet Again". it just gets me. although his cover of "Hurt" is up there too.

hearing Stevie Wonder's "Living for the City" the first time when I was little... it was such a powerful song. I don't cry much when I hear it now... but it's still totally awesome.

Paul William's singing for once in my life in the Temptation moive. His actual version if the song is fine but just the way the actor sings it in the movie is so full of emotion. And it's cool to see how that song sung in a tone other then Stevies can have a whole new feel about it

Mighty Member

Wyclef's New day. (Eddie Murphy - Life movie) - reminds of the scene where their friends "fade out" as the years go by and how time takes loved ones away from you...