Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

So that was it I guess.
    I mean, the finale wasn't bad, but.....seriously, the morale is kinda fucked up.

So Farouk is just allowed to continue running his "kingdom" with the enslaved minds of people imprisoned in monkeys and children? Because he got all teary eyed about David being his "son"?

Also, as a sidenote, just how old is David supposed to be again? I mean, his mom was already a young adult during the holocaust, and she doesn't seem that much older when having him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So that was it I guess.
    I mean, the finale wasn't bad, but.....seriously, the morale is kinda fucked up.

So Farouk is just allowed to continue running his "kingdom" with the enslaved minds of people imprisoned in monkeys and children? Because he got all teary eyed about David being his "son"?

Also, as a sidenote, just how old is David supposed to be again? I mean, his mom was already a young adult during the holocaust, and she doesn't seem that much older when having him.
    We're having the same discussion on the X-books section and I agree 100%. I do not like, at all, the way they swerved with Farouk at the end. And the way David basically gets a free pass after using up all sorts of people on his quest. It felt unearned and, as you say, fucked up to sell as a conclusion. Or to paint it as something of a happy ending.

Incredible Member

So what exactly was switch and her father? Are they literally Time itself? Or masters of time? Time beings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    So what exactly was switch and her father? Are they literally Time itself? Or masters of time? Time beings?
    Hollow plot devices?

I admit, I did want more. It felt kind of small, I guess, but I did like it coming back to baby David.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And the way David basically gets a free pass after using up all sorts of people on his quest. It felt unearned and, as you say, fucked up to sell as a conclusion. Or to paint it as something of a happy ending.
    If it makes you feel any better, this David was erased...pretty much killed...David Haller will never exist. He will grow up to become David Xavier.

Mutants whose power made them ascend to the 4th dimension.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I admit, I did want more. It felt kind of small, I guess, but I did like it coming back to baby David.

If it makes you feel any better, this David was erased...pretty much killed...David Haller will never exist. He will grow up to become David Xavier.

Mutants whose power made them ascend to the 4th dimension.
    I think there is some ambiguity that all turns out well in the end. Even if it does....what kind of morality tale is this? Rape, plunder, and abuse people to a happy ending?

Incredible Member

I don't care what anyone says about the ending, for me, the series highlight was in season three.

This was peak Legion for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlq7YF_I7M

I was really looking forward Season 3... I wanted it to be good.
    Unfortunately I didn't really appreciate it. So confusing.
    If Disney is making Marvel characters too simple, Fox is (was) making them too bloody difficult.
    So disappointed.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    If Disney is making Marvel characters too simple, Fox is (was) making them too bloody difficult.
    So disappointed.
    Its better to be difficult though. Legion was never an easy show to grasp. You should commend your intellect for watching the entire show. I have yet to finish season 2. I am going to skip it for season 3 because it has time travel and xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I was really looking forward Season 3... I wanted it to be good.
    Unfortunately I didn't really appreciate it. So confusing.
    So disappointed.
    The narrative was a mess. People sometimes, amusingly, think that because something is confusing it's "difficult". Or high brow. Or some kind of intellectual puzzle.

No....it's just a mess. Legion ended up a mess.

No....it's just a mess. Legion ended up a mess
    This has too much MCU influence here for me though. A Noah Hawley mess would still have more good than bad, I am sure this would be proven when I finally finish watching season 3, I remember some of the early trust worthy reviews talking about how Legion used time travel in a way, Endgame could never dream off. that alone was worth seeing and we all know how messy the story in that movie was using time travel. It is better to have a difficult messy story than a easy messy story when marvel stories are concerned in general.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-03-2019 at 03:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    This has too much MCU influence here for me though. A Noah Hawley mess would still have more good than bad, I am sure this would be proven when I finally finish watching season 3, I remember some of the early trust worthy reviews talking about how Legion used time travel in a way, Endgame could never dream off. that alone was worth seeing and we all know how messy the story in that movie was using time travel. It is better to have a difficult messy story than a easy messy story when marvel stories are concerned in general.
    You have watched less than half the series and have the audacity to say your opinion is right and my opinion is wrong? It boggles my mind how you are allowed to post this kind of stuff in a half dozen threads. It's so painfully debilitating to all conversations anyone is trying to have.

BANNED

I don't care what anyone says about the ending, for me, the series highlight was in season three.

This was peak Legion for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlq7YF_I7M
    It's difficult to choose just one moment, this was the best superhero TV series ever. If only Hawley would've taken the reins all the time, it could've been one of the best TV series ever, period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    It's difficult to choose just one moment, this was the best superhero TV series ever. If only Hawley would've taken the reins all the time, it could've been one of the best TV series ever, period.
    What do mean by Hawley taking the reins? Was he pushed out or something I'm unaware of?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    What do mean by Hawley taking the reins? Was he pushed out or something I'm unaware of?
    I mean he only directed 3 episodes out of the total 27, and a lot of people took part in the writing chores.