Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    What a great finale! I very much enjoyed everything about it.

Sorry, but I am going to make a Mojo guess again. It just felt like it fit the stories of whooshing someone away with little technical devices. Though I bet it turns out to be something to do with the Shi'ar Empire.
    Agreed. It's probably Mojo. This episode and the whole season was pure fun and amazing. A really great show. I loved the scene where David and the Shadow King are running at each other, each eith their opposite energy signatures flaring around. That was a cool special effect.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Agreed. It's probably Mojo. This episode and the whole season was pure fun and amazing. A really great show. I loved the scene where David and the Shadow King are running at each other, each eith their opposite energy signatures flaring around. That was a cool special effect.
    I was just thinking back to that scene. It was a fantastic shot of the opposing psy-force coming at one another. I really want to rewatch the entire season again.

What a great series!

Loved the musical choices - Pink Floyd and T Rex.

I also loved the head-to-head charge between David and Farouk.

And that wtf ending... I have to say I'm thinking Shiar. I said a few pages ago you could substitute David for Jean in the Dark Phoenix Saga to a certain extent, and though David has not done anything like snuff out a civilization I can see the Shiar taking him into custody because they think he's dangerous. But of course it could also be Mojo (I think visually he's too similar), or the Magus (though the tech-drone wasn't black enough for that techno-organic look).

Great, great series.

Meh. 10 char
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    What a great series!

Yeah, those were excellent choices. This show is really trippy. I was watching the episode last night upstairs and my wife came in and saw it and said "What are you watching? This looks really weird". LOL
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I was just thinking back to that scene. It was a fantastic shot of the opposing psy-force coming at one another. I really want to rewatch the entire season again.
    Same here. I think it may be even better if it's binged watched.

I was very surprised to hear "On the Run" sneak into the show, considering in earlier episodes they seemed to be copying the tune in the soundtrack without stepping into the rights issues over it. I wonder if they managed to secure the rights late in the day. Pretty much sealed the deal with "Breathe" and fulfilled the promise that the soundtrack was supposed to be influenced by Dark Side of the Moon. Some people have even suggested each episode had a secret title that corresponded to the LP. (seems a stretch to me but who knows.)

Really liked that ending song for sure.

Yep. All the songs in this season were great, starting with this one:

Heck yeah! And this one for some psychedelic hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yep. All the songs in this season were great, starting with this one:
    The pilot started off with The Who's Happy Jack, and I thought that was a great sequence.

This series was just so strong at knowing how to play to the strengths of the media it was using.

Incidentally, I see Hawley has said next season won't adapt any pre-existing material. Not that this one stuck close to anything other than the character of Farouk and David being Xavier's powerful but troubled son.

The pilot started off with The Who's Happy Jack, and I thought that was a great sequence.

This series was just so strong at knowing how to play to the strengths of the media it was using.

Incidentally, I see Hawley has said next season won't adapt any pre-existing material. Not that this one stuck close to anything other than the character of Farouk and David being Xavier's powerful but troubled son.
    I haven't watched the season over again yet but I just remember that Rolling Stones song playing when David saw Syd for the first time. It was perfect.

It was a great sequence, to be sure.

Real Talk...

The Violent Femmes cover of this song is a riot.

Come to think of it, you can't really go wrong with T-Rex.