Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Which character projects images like that on screens to watch what others are doing - and like a TV show? I know the show is probably purposely throwing people off, but wow! Could they force to the Mojo side any more than this?

The problem is that we don't know if those are screens that someone else is watching or if they're from David's psyche and memories.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The problem is that we don't know if those are screens that someone else is watching or if they're from David's psyche and memories.
    Dang! You and your reasonable explanation.

Mighty Member

Scary episode the third one was.

It is interesting to consider how far through the initial series we are already, it is beginning to feel like we will be focusing on a quite narrow set of plots.

I would be surprised if we get much more than a set up and or origin with perhaps a rescue mission and some development on Syd.

Currently they seem to have set Syd up as a dramatic foil. He has multiple people inside him, she has inhabited multiple people. They have some common ground but different perspectives. I am almost ready to dismiss my earlier theory about her not being real, but there is a tiny possibility that personalities could manifest in the real world. We even have a character that does something similar. Maybe they are setting us up for another character being a manifest personality. His father perhaps. If that were true, he may have driven his mother insane.

While watching the episode I was wondering about Syd's presence in the last memory experiment. She could see Yellow and she seemed to have a little bit of control in there. Then I realised they set this up with the dialogue about residual effects. David still feeling like he was in her body was an analogy of Syd being able to 'be David' just a little.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-24-2017 at 05:51 AM.

I wonder what exactly happened when they changed bodies. Did David go 'alone' or did he bring his whole entourage of different personalities with him?

It would be pretty weird if he didn't bring them all along, but wouldn't it be interesting to examine his memories free from interference from Yellow Eyes and "The World's Angriest Boy in the World"?

I am very bored with David's memory work. get on with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Which character projects images like that on screens to watch what others are doing - and like a TV show? I know the show is probably purposely throwing people off, but wow! Could they force to the Mojo side any more than this?
    The screens seem pretty jury rigged- images cast onto screens of some sort that are strung onto a bed or trampoline frame or something. Compare with the very jury-rigged technology in Summerland. Could very well be the handiwork of Kerry. Probably Bird's people monitoring Division 3 and other things related to David. Two of those images look like the asylum and the gym from the pilot where David was being held. Maybe these are memories of David's being projected onto screens by Kerry via Ptonomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    The screens seem pretty jury rigged- images cast onto screens of some sort that are strung onto a bed or trampoline frame or something. Compare with the very jury-rigged technology in Summerland. Could very well be the handiwork of Kerry. Probably Bird's people monitoring Division 3 and other things related to David. Two of those images look like the asylum and the gym from the pilot where David was being held. Maybe these are memories of David's being projected onto screens by Kerry via Ptonomy?
    Or its just trippy way to visualize him jumping through memories. Who knows this show is gonna f*** with us till the very end

I rewatched the last 30 minutes. Must have zoned out the first time, it was better this time. Glad they are fast tracking the training. Still, I need this show to leave the training camp soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It is interesting to consider how far through the initial series we are already, it is beginning to feel like we will be focusing on a quite narrow set of plots.

I would be surprised if we get much more than a set up and or origin with perhaps a rescue mission and some development on Syd.

Currently they seem to have set Syd up as a dramatic foil. He has multiple people inside him, she has inhabited multiple people. They have some common ground but different perspectives. I am almost ready to dismiss my earlier theory about her not being real, but there is a tiny possibility that personalities could manifest in the real world. We even have a character that does something similar. Maybe they are setting us up for another character being a manifest personality. His father perhaps. If that were true, he may have driven his mother insane.

While watching the episode I was wondering about Syd's presence in the last memory experiment. She could see Yellow and she seemed to have a little bit of control in there. Then I realised they set this up with the dialogue about residual effects. David still feeling like he was in her body was an analogy of Syd being able to 'be David' just a little.

In the first episode when they body swapped I distinctly remember that she saw the yellow eyed demon appear and look at her while in Davids body.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wow the last episode was amazing, starting to feel bad for david
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    wow the last episode was amazing, starting to feel bad for david
    You and me both! Although I have liked the show since Episode One. But now you feel even more for this sorry individual.

Interesting that the yellow eyed creature gets bigger in every episode. I'm wondering if David killed his therapist and maybe that's what got him institutionalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Interesting that the yellow eyed creature gets bigger in every episode. I'm wondering if David killed his therapist and maybe that's what got him institutionalized.
    When you see David attempt to hang himself in Episode 1, if you look behind him that is the yellow-eyed creature that walks past the door frame from right to left. He's quite large in that scene. Extra larger.

Wow.