Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I can see why some people are a bit frustrated, but overall I'm loving the show. I love the actors, I love the weirdness, and I really love the visuals - it does remind me of the Sienkiewicz era of the New Mutants. So far it's my favourite of the tv shows based on Marvel properties. I do worry a little about how well they will tie all this up, but I guess that's always a problem - lots of people were disappointed by the last episode of 60's show The Prisoner, because they were expecting a conventional ending to an unconventional series. And now that I think about it, I'd love to see David dressed as Number 6 wandering around the Village, chased by Rover.

I just caught episode 4, and I'm pretty much hooked by this point. I also haven't read any Legion comics (I really meant to, honest), but I love the simple idea of using mutant powers to make as surreal and trippy world as possible, where even fairly unimpressive powers (like Kerry/Cary's duplication power) open up a new avenue of output.

It's not perfect by any means (we finally talk about Kerry just so that she can suffer), but there's the right type of quirkiness I came to like in Fargo: the series.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I just caught episode 4, and I'm pretty much hooked by this point. I also haven't read any Legion comics (I really meant to, honest), but I love the simple idea of using mutant powers to make as surreal and trippy world as possible, where even fairly unimpressive powers (like Keri/Cary's duplication power) open up a new avenue of output.

It's not perfect by any means (we finally talk about Keri just so that she can suffer), but there's the right type of quirkiness I came to like in Fargo: the series.
    I don't think there ever were any "Legion comics." He certainly never had his own book. A parallel world version of him had a good run in The Exiles.

Sandy Hausler

X-Men: Legacy Vol 2 was his solo book. It was pretty well regarded, and it lasted for 24 issues.

Even though it had the title X-Men, it was essentially just Legion, and most definitely not a team book. I suppose "Legion" as a title wouldn't have sold as well as "X-Men."

X-Men: Legacy (vol 2, 2012-2014) was a Legion-focused book written by Simon Spurrier, despite the generic "X-Men: Legacy" title.

Edit: ninja'd by Cyke!

There might be a copyright thing with DC using the title "Legion".

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

The Episode more or less confirms the villain is either Shadow King or at the very least influenced by him.

Incredible Member

;o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this episode more interesting and eventful than any of the previous ones.

Now that was the episode we so desperately needed last week. E5 had me literally breathless. We are back! JHC we are back!

Initially, for the first half I was thinking, OK at least the actors are on top form. Everyone is bringing their A game, and this will at least make up for the lack of plot. But then we went 'back to the old house' I should have known we were in for a treat when Thom Yorke started singing:

You're back again
    President for life
    Lord of all
    The flies in the sky
    The beasts of the earth
    The fish in the sea
    Have lost command

Yes we are back
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.

So casual reference to Oliver being ruler of his own realm and then another couple of casual mismatched years to throw us off a bit. Is Oliver the parasite, or perhaps more likely the previous host? Oliver mentioned the parasite last week and he seemed to be in hiding.

Yes we do finally have the Shadow King or an analogy pretty much like him as the villain. They may not bother naming him but its all in place now.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOW. This episode blew me away. I think it may have been the best tv ep of the year so far. It was crazy good. There were so many cool things in this ep:

Loved how David took Syd to the astral plane and they were able to finally touch each other.

It was cool when they showed how powerful David is when he just toyed with the soldiers, simply flicking his fingers and making them explode.

David going through all of his various identities.

What was up with that one scene where Miss Bird was walking to her car in slow motion and the others were running really fast? Was that some kind of power she was using or something else?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    The Episode more or less confirms the villain is either Shadow King or at the very least influenced by him.
    Yep. Been saying that for the last several weeks.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Late to the party (was slammed at work today with deliverables).

FANTASTIC! And that creepy character coming at Sid with a big smile...Oh my, did that send shivers down my spine.

All those soldiers melted into the ground - HOLY! What a powerhouse.

Loved the episode.

Especially Carey trying to communicate via mime.

The trailer I saw for next week suggests they are sticking with Farouk/Shadow King having crossed swords with Xavier in the past.