Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

cant wait to watch it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

It was okay? I didn't hate it but didn't really like it either.

It did feel like they're mimicking the camerawork and feel of Hannibal though, that bugged me.

But yeah, it was okay. I was expecting the Asylum to actually be the prison in his head for all his personalities, but they seem to back that up and then refute it various times.

I liked the pilot. Sure, it had very little to do with the comic version, but as its own beast, it was pretty great. I'll just have to pretend it isn't based on the X-character

I've only made it through half the pilot and so far its horrible and boring. Hope it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I've only made it through half the pilot and so far its horrible and boring. Hope it gets better.
    This show reminds me of the first Matrix movie, its confusing at the beginning, but at the end everything starts to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    "'Nuff Said!!"

I enjoyed it, even though I would have liked to have seen more connection to the books. Like there's really no reason why the mutant rescue team at the end couldn't have been c-list x-characters, other than the writer/director didnt want to have to research the comics(do his "homework" so to speak), its much easier(lazier) to just make up your own OCs.

anyway it must have left some kind of subconscious impression on me b/c I dreamt about it last night. I dreamt that David and the two main female leads where spiking the food supply at the hospital and then David becomes a giant and rampages through the town. Lol, whatever.

Finally got to see the pilot. OUTSTANDING!

And the fat, yellow-eyed man was quite the interesting tease. Which leads me to believe David may be in a world within a world so he can be studied further. And manipulated.

Or am I dreaming that was Mojo and his minions being controlled by him?

It was a very standard "bad government vs mutant" story told in a very unconventional way.
    I am curious if they can keep up the quirkiness, or if it becomes more straight forward.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    It was a very standard "bad government vs mutant" story told in a very unconventional way.
    I am curious if they can keep up the quirkiness, or if it becomes more straight forward.
    I hope they don't try and coast on being weird. But I'm gonna stick with it, cus the other X-show sounds blah.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have no idea which era this show takes place in. The characters have 60s fashion but the guy who was interviewing him had a tablet.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I thought this first episode was amazing! I absolutely loved it. Please let the rest of this season be this good!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Finally got to see the pilot. OUTSTANDING!

And the fat, yellow-eyed man was quite the interesting tease. Which leads me to believe David may be in a world within a world so he can be studied further. And manipulated.

Good point, I was wondering about that fat guy he appeared in the hospital and just before he shook that woman's hand.

Mighty Member

I liked that crazy mental asylum or whatever that is he was imprisoned at.