Thread: Godwatch theory

Lightbulb Godwatch theory

JUST SPECULATION, PEOPLE, BUT THINK WITH ME:

I was wondering about the whole Godwatch organization and how it would be messing with Diana's life.

Sooo I noticed something on the cover for issue #19: every poison soldier has a figure on their helmets/masks. We got a caduceus for Maru/Dr. Poison, a weird eye (Dr. Psycho?) and, the most intriguing: a little dragon on the soldier with the dagger.

Attachment 43589

My theory is: Circe is somehow related to Godwatch.

I know it's just a detail, but... well, they wouldn't put it there for nothing, right? And it kinda makes sense, considering someone closer to Diana's world could offer a lot of help to a villainous group mainly formed by humans. She could even be Ares's servant, who knows.

If I'm right, we have:
    Dr. Poison
    Veronica Cale
    Dr. Psycho
    Dr. Cyber
    Circe

But the Godwatch logo has 6 "horns" on the hexagon. And I may be going crazy here, but I imagine it equals to the number of foes involved. In that case, there is one more empty chair to be occupied.

Attachment 43591

And that would be Cheetah.

They have Urzkartaga (plant form), so anyone could be the new Cheetah. BUT we already knew in issue #13 that Barbara is Godwatch's next victim, and Veronica Cale is sending Maru aftr her. And she's not fighting by the tree portal (or: she is not going to Themyscira) in issue #19 based on cover/solicit description...The issue that comes right after she enters the "devil's lair" in #15.

So, do you guys think this is possible? I mean, it would match Rucka's desire to make her rogues gallery stronger. Circe is big, she wouldn't be left behind, so I'm putting my money on that.

BANNED

Didn't conventional wisdom in Themyscira have it that whoever left the Island could never go back, I don't think Godwatch are behind that, I think some supernatural entity is behind the "lies". My understanding is that Godwatch were hoping Wonder Woman would lead them to Paradise Island

Spectacular Member

So a new villain inc. ?
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    Didn't conventional wisdom in Themyscira have it that whoever left the Island could never go back, I don't think Godwatch are behind that, I think some supernatural entity is behind the "lies". My understanding is that Godwatch were hoping Wonder Woman would lead them to Paradise Island
    Hmmm perhaps. But even in that case Circe could still be of great help. And makes more sense for her to want something from Themyscira than the others.

Also: the terrorists are acting under the influence of the Maru virus. Maru refers to poison, who is in Godwatch, so my bet is they're related somehow.

All-New Member

In issue #15, Poison and Cale talk about "the witch," to whom Cale is in debt to. Cale is also surprised that the witch hasn't called her yet. My first thought was Circe too.

All-New Member

In #16, Cyber mentions making a neural map of WW's mind. My theory is that a later attempt at this succeeded, which placed "the lies" in her mind. If Godwatch wanted to get to Themyscira and WW wouldn't tell them how to, the best way to find it would be to follow her there. So they placed the illusions of going back in her head. Maybe Psycho had something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by seapunk View Post
    In #16, Cyber mentions making a neural map of WW's mind. My theory is that a later attempt at this succeeded, which placed "the lies" in her mind. If Godwatch wanted to get to Themyscira and WW wouldn't tell them how to, the best way to find it would be to follow her there. So they placed the illusions of going back in her head. Maybe Psycho had something to do with it
    Interesting theory.