Default Battle Of The Blind - Daredevil (MCU) vs Chirrut Imwe (Rogue One)

In the history of the Omniverse there have been a number of individuals who have proven themselves formidable combatants despite lacking the normally crucial sense of sight. Among them are Matt Murdock, the Man Without Fear, and Chirrut Imwe, Guardian Of The Whills. Both have proven themselves adept fighters able to defeat multiple opponents in battle. Who would prevail in a test to determine who is better?

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What if Daredevil and Chirrut Imwe were pitted against each other?

A. Standard Arena Match

B. In a deserted neutral urban location both are unfamiliar with, such as Metropolis

C. In a contest to see who would do better in the other's place. Daredevil somehow is roped into Rogue One's mission to steal the Death Star plans while it falls to Chirrut to fight crime in Hell's Kitchen and foil the machinations of The Hand.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Hmmm, Chirrut does have a gun (well, a range energy weapon called a lightbow but just being precise) with impressive marksmanship despite his blindness but Matt is shown to be crazy agile and soaks as much pain as he can dish out.

Fantastic Member

Chirrut took on multiple assailants simultaneously (albeit they WERE stormtroopers...) whereas Matt has mostly resorted to one on one fights for the most part. On the other hand Matt has shown he can take a LOT of punishment where Chirrut hasn't shown anything comparable, as you can't really legitimately compare lasers to punches. Matt's agility lets him pre-emptively predict/avoid attacks whereas Chirrut evading all the gunfire until he pressed the button seems to be some sort of nebulous ''will of the force'' deal rather than any real talent or skill - he literally just walked on over chanting about the Force.

I would give it to Matt on the first two scenarios. Matt I can see being pretty useful in Rogue One for similar reasons that Chirrut was (blind badass with enhanced abilities) whilst if Chirrut's abilities actually are some sort of force ability then he's not going to do so hot in the MCU where there is no Force.

Matt takes on more than one person quite frequently, especially in season 2, he usually only has trouble when fighting named characters such as Nobu, Fisk, or Castle, and even then he beat Nobu pretty handily come season 2.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    I would give it to Matt on the first two scenarios. Matt I can see being pretty useful in Rogue One for similar reasons that Chirrut was (blind badass with enhanced abilities) whilst if Chirrut's abilities actually are some sort of force ability then he's not going to do so hot in the MCU where there is no Force.
    For the purposes of this scenario assume that Chirrut can utilize his abilities as if the Force were present in the MCU.

Does anyone else find it ironic that two blind guys were ordered to fight by... the Watcher?

Meanwhile, Zatoichi takes bets from the sidelines.

Oh comon! I posted this *exact* thread less than a fortnight ago and got nothing.

I would give it to Chirrut in the first scenario. Daredevil isn't as fast or as efficient in hand to hand as Chirrut, and Chirrut has outright force precognition and mind reading compared to the detailed hints Daredevil gets with his senses.

Second scenario seems a bit of a wash. Chirrut senses people through the force Daredevil, then Daredevil's stealth skills will be at least partially circumvented, though Chirrut also partially relies on his ears so Daredevil will get some mileage out of going ninja. Daredevil is also far more mobile in an urban environment, having plenty of parkour feats and the billie club to swing around with. However, Chirrut's staff is also a bowcaster powerful enough to down a TIE fighter, so Matt's bulletproof armor isn't going to protect him from that very well.