Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Scalebound cancelled

I am shocked.

How the hell did this happen? I know Platinum is a smallish studio, but was nobody funding this? It was hyped as hell!
    I need to go find a table to flip.

I see a potential new partnership for an exclusive title between Platinum Games and Nintendo coming! = )

Rather surprised to see what the game was supposed to be - quite the curve-ball from Platinum's usual fare, isn't it?

BANNED

Microsoft really dropped the ball on this.

BANNED

It always looked a little rough but this is still surprising. I don't have a clue what Microsoft's plan is for first party games at this point, Gears of War 4 seemed like it was well received and they have another Halo game coming at this point(Were up to 6 now I think? Reach was my last one) and i'm sure another Forza game, but outside of the established heavy hitters there first party support has been lacking(Dead Rising 4, Recore) or in development hell or canned(Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust, now Scalebound).

So, can we admit the Xbone is a failed system now?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yep , pretty much. I mean the system launched pretty badly 3+ years ago if anyone remembers. Before the board wipe , we had a thread where one Microsoft fan was angry at 90% of us who voted we were gonna get PS4's. It was comedic fun as he wasn't happy. But the moment the company went on E3 and discussed non-gaming crap and other stuff , the console was sunk.

At last sales figures had PS4 getting near 55+ million united sold worldwide now. It moved 6+ million united over Christmas. I'm sure X-Box moved past 20+ million units. But they are so far behind the 8-ball ...its over. They lost this generation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Yes I admit it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Still doing better than the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1
    But they are so far behind the 8-ball ...its over. They lost this generation.
    Xbox lost the generation the moment they announce the console having online DRM. Even when they relented on it the damage was already done.

I've long suspected that when it became clear to Microsoft that they weren't gonna win this console cycle, they decided to co-opt PC gaming and undermine console gaming in general. I'm not sure how much Scalebound mattered to them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Still doing better than the Wii U.
    Yep , the WiiU will end with what ? 14-15 million units sold worldwide ? It was the biggest loser of this generation.

Xbox lost the generation the moment they announce the console having online DRM. Even when they relented on it the damage was already done.
    That and the E3 where they discussed how you could watch movies and TV , it was like...guys...where is the games ? People wanna know what slick gaming stuff they can do. Microsoft got smoked badly. Maybe the next generation when Playstation does the PS5 and whatever Microsoft does next , they can learn from this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Kinect 2.0 is paper weight. I remember them hyping that to all hell as well.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's entirely a fail - I mean, they've still sold a ton of units - yes, they lost to Playstation very early on, but the console in itself still gets tons and tons of games - gauge the console from how many games it has instead - a true failure is one which doesn't have a lot of games for it - hence less reasons to buy it.

But yeah, Sony really kicked their butts this time around.

Huh! The Sony of today has turned into the Nintendo of the 80's!! 0_o

Complete dominance.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sony is no stranger to complete dominance. That's how it was during the PS2 era.