Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Spider-Man 2099 continue?

Now that Peter David has grabbed the new Scarlet Spider series, does anyone know if Marvel (or PAD) plans on continuing the 2099 title? I have looked but could find no answers. I am hoping, if no-one here can come to my rescue , that the new Previews will give me the answer, but thought I would try here while I wait for that possibility

Quote Originally Posted by ptsteelers View Post
    Now that Peter David has grabbed the new Scarlet Spider series, does anyone know if Marvel (or PAD) plans on continuing the 2099 title? I have looked but could find no answers. I am hoping, if no-one here can come to my rescue , that the new Previews will give me the answer, but thought I would try here while I wait for that possibility
    No official word but I would guess not simply because it is not a very good seller and, as you say, Peter David is moving on....

Also, Amazing is supposed to be getting rid of Parker Industries, which would cause Miguel and Roberta to lose their jobs. So if they don't go back to 2099, they're losing their current status quo anyway.

Thanks guys!!
    And great news about PI. I love reading Miles Spider-Man as it reminds of when I had Peter Parker and not Peter Stark, so getting rid of PI is a good thing, for all I think

My LCS told me that #23 is the last issue.

- Jason G. Carr

maybe its for the best. i feel like the book has been spinning its wheels for this entire volume.

Agreed. I was so pumped for the origial return of the character in 2014 but the Secret Wars tie-in/Avengers 2099 replacement title killed that book's momentum. I could care less about Captain America 2099, Tempest and the Fist organization. This book is flat out boring.

- Jason G. Carr

BANNED

i also heard from people 25 was supposed to be the definytlyer ending but there wrapping sooner beause of pd recent health issues

But he's not retiring, he's moving on to another book. Low sales is a more likely reason for wrapping up early than his health.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    My LCS told me that #23 is the last issue.
    Ahhh, Thanks for passing that on!!! That is what I needed to know.

And I agree with the comments about it's time for this to come to an end.
    Thanks again, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    maybe its for the best. i feel like the book has been spinning its wheels for this entire volume.
    Yeah, I feel the same.....don't know why as I usually like Peter David on this (and any) book but it never got any traction. Thought once Miggy came to the 616 that things would get more interesting but it never took off. Never liked his new costume either and the introduction of the 2099 Capt America didn't help either.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

What happened with 2099? Did the creators not care that much?
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Too many Spider events derailed it IMO. As for whether or not it's ending my guess is that yes it's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Agreed. I was so pumped for the origial return of the character in 2014 but the Secret Wars tie-in/Avengers 2099 replacement title killed that book's momentum. I could care less about Captain America 2099, Tempest and the Fist organization. This book is flat out boring.
    This is exactly how I felt. Pre Secret Wars I was really enjoying it but post I've found it really confusing and lackluster. PAD obviously had different plans involving the Maestro that had to be ditched for the Contest of Champions book. The set up with Dr Strange 2099 was dropped and the future seemed to change every other arc? Ditching Alchemax for Parker Industries was a mistake in my eyes as well.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    What happened with 2099? Did the creators not care that much?
    They drowned him with crossovers. A lot of young characters are not given a chance in crossovers because they never get enough to their own story. It's another thing I essentially despise above all else at Marvel in general, they have to throw these crossovers in and a lot of smaller characters with less history tend to get screwed. Did they have to? NO they didn't. They just do it for shock value and quick bucks.