View Poll Results: ARE YOU EXCITED FOR MARVEL'S SECRET EMPIRE???!!!

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

28 28.57%
  • NO

39 39.80%
  • MAYBE

21 21.43%
  • I HATE POLITICS IN COMICS

10 10.20%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Are you excited for Marvel's Secret Empire?

are you excited or what?

This is already added to my classic event list
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-11-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I hit my limit with these event series awhile ago. It's almost always a bunch of crazy stuff happening that makes almost no sense with characters acting out of character just so something "big and status quo changing" can happen while setting up the next couple years of stories rather than provide a satisfying conclusion.

Considering that I hate this Hydra Cap story and this entire event is about perpetuating said story and there's the possibility of it not ending there, not in the least. They say that it's getting things back to hero vs villain but it's really kinda hard to enjoy that when the villain is goddamn Captain America.

I'll be excited when it's over. I hate the whole Hydra-Cap concept and can't wait for it to be done with and eventually, inevitably, retconned away. I'll just be getting my usual titles and trying to avoid the event as much as possible.

Honestly, I'm just glad Bendis isn't writing it. So this will be the first event I've been looking forward to in a loooong time. Plus this Hydra Cap thing has been brilliant thus far, I want to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I'll be excited when it's over. I hate the whole Hydra-Cap concept and can't wait for it to be done with and eventually, inevitably, retconned away. I'll just be getting my usual titles and trying to avoid the event as much as possible.
    Agreed. I hate this whole story that basically ruins every kind of inspirational moment that Cap has with anyone with the underlying fact that he doesn't mean any of them and doesn't even like the people who are supposed to be his friends. Hell this story has ruined what had been a truly inspirational speech that Steve gave back during Avengers Standoff since he didn't mean any of it. And on top of that, I just can't really find it believable. Sure Cap is a brilliant strategist and one of the greatest leaders in the MU, but the stuff they have him pulling off with manipulating the MU to such a degree and so perfectly just feels above his skill level. It feels like something that would make even the Illumanati drool with anticipation and they're the brightest minds in the world.

Spectacular Member

No, frankly sick to death of Marvel's annual "Most Exciting Mega-Event Ever: That'll Change the Marvel Universe Forever (or until next years event anyway) With the Obligatory Death of a Character that'll Shock Fans Everywhere (until we ressurrect them next month)!" BS.

I'm just excited to see the books launching after the event

Very excited. Hydra Cap is the best and this will be a satisfying conclusion to a great storyline that has been built up for a while now.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

I suppose that I'm actually genuinely excited about Secret Empire. Which is not something I thought I'd be saying about a Marvel crossover event.

I've been following Marvel more closely recently thanks to Infamous Iron Man. In part because I really want to see Doom pull a similar stunt to what he did in Doom 2099, conquering the USA and establishing a permanent change in the (2099) Marvel universe status quo.

Much to my surprise, it's not Doom but Captain America who's preparing for an all-out attack on the Marvel universe. So yeah, I'm along for this ride. In the short term I'm going to greatly enjoy the mayhem that Captain America's Secret Empire causes. As for the long term, I'd like the events of Secret Empire to leave a permanent scar on the Marvel universe.

And who knows... with a bit of luck Marvel might trash their own universe so badly that the only logical choice left if for Victor Von Doom to be ‘declared dictator for life’ by popular acclaim...

I am really looking forward to this. I have been LOVING what Nick has been doing with the Cap books, and frankly I think the whole HydraCap things is going to be looked back on as a classic story. Fingers crossed this event gives him a good send off. Plus it will be nice to see an event that brings the worlds of the MU together, rather then apart.

I'm looking forward to it. The build up leading into it so far has been great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Very excited. Hydra Cap is the best and this will be a satisfying conclusion to a great storyline that has been built up for a while now.
    Yeah, Hydra Cap has been one of the most gripping storylines Marvel has ever produced. It's unfolded brilliantly so far and I expect the conclusion will be mind-blowing.

Very excited for this. Probably more excited than I've ever been for a modern event. This is gonna be a good one.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm on the fence right now. I've grown cautious of Marvel Events now.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. The build up leading into it so far has been great.
    Yep

this has been a very patient, slow build up type of event.

What seemed like a ridiculous gimmick (hail hydra) that appeared without any "MAKE SURE TO READ THIS!!" build up... has turned into one of the better books and stories since it started.

And HydraCap is scary. We haven't had a true scary villain since Hickman teased Rabum Alal and then went "lol its doom"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html