Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Tom Taylor X-Position

X-Position with Tom Taylor is up.

Are we ever going to learn more about how and when Alchemax got hold of Laura’s genetic material? Because it really leaves me wondering just how old are the Sisters? Gabby is described as “thirteen” in the Annual, however if she aged in “real time” she would have been conceived before Laura even had her healing factor activated… Bellona, Zelda, and 3PAR, not to mention the other six unnamed girls, would have been even older… That would mean Alchemax had to steal the Facility’s research almost from the very beginning of the project, which doesn’t make a lot of sense considering most of Sarah Kinney’s work was done off-book and on her own. Would this mean the girls are more conventional comic book clones, and rapid-aged to a certain point?

Yes, they were rapid-aged at one stage, with Gabby being the last attempt. That attempt was successful, but Alchemax weren’t aware of this as the mutation took a while to manifest, and Gabby’s sisters then kept her abilities a secret.
    So that confirms the Sisters were all rapid-aged. It's a seemingly minor detail, but nice to see the thought was put into it to keep the continuity intact.

Thanks for answering my question.
    I really hope that Gambit appearence will be great.

Really like Laura's new costume.

An X-Position where the writer actually answered questions? That's a nice change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    An X-Position where the writer actually answered questions? That's a nice change.
    Kinda disappointed he skirted around the fact that one of the complaints of the Warren/Laura relationship IS that it's damaging. Much of Warren's treatment of her in the first two arcs of ANXM — ESPECIALLY the Blob arc — borders on outright emotional abuse. IE the part where he's all but screaming at her while taking it out on Dukes is NOT healthy.

I'm glad he answered questions and sounds like he had fun with Gambit so, I'm looking forward to this issue.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

Nice expo! Hate his non-answer about Laura and Warren though....

I guess this means she's not the secret female in X-Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kinda disappointed he skirted around the fact that one of the complaints of the Warren/Laura relationship IS that it's damaging. Much of Warren's treatment of her in the first two arcs of ANXM — ESPECIALLY the Blob arc — borders on outright emotional abuse. IE the part where he's all but screaming at her while taking it out on Dukes is NOT healthy.
    I don't begrudge him his answer. He doesn't want to write a break up, he doesn't really want to focus on it at all... though her and hellion were never actually/officially a couple.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-10-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Nice expo! Hate his non-answer about Laura and Warren though....

I guess this means she's not the secret female in X-Blue?
    He gets asked this every X-Postion. Dude is tired of giving the same answer over and over again.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I don't begrudge him his answer. He doesn't want to write a break up, he doesn't really want to focus on it at all...
    To be honest, he doesn't have to write a break-up. The relationship came out of nowhere and it would be perfectly acceptable for it to disappear the same way. No one will miss it, or actually seeing a break-up on page. Like every other mention of Angel in the book, it can just be some throwaway line. Just like so:

Also, I have to say, it feels like the whole "Laura has been through so much bad stuff, we don't want to see her suffer anymore" is in danger of being taken too far. New armor to avoid physical pain, no break-ups to avoid emotional distress (for the sake of argument), and I predict the current story arc will permanently remove the threat of Kimura and the trigger scent. At this rate, if I'm allowed to exaggerate, we'll end up with a book where each issue is Laura and Gabby going out for croissants with the guest star of the week while covered head to toe in a protective layer made of pink marshmallows. Besides, if this Wolverine title starred Logan, this wouldn't even be a consideration. It almost seems patronizing. Laura's a badass. She can take the occasional bullet and she can most certainly get over chicken boy and his white knight posturing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    To be honest, he doesn't have to write a break-up. The relationship came out of nowhere and it would be perfectly acceptable for it to disappear the same way. No one will miss it, or actually seeing a break-up on page. Like every other mention of Angel in the book, it can just be some throwaway line. Just like so:

Also, I have to say, it feels like the whole "Laura has been through so much bad stuff, we don't want to see her suffer anymore" is in danger of being taken too far. New armor to avoid physical pain, no break-ups to avoid emotional distress (for the sake of argument), and I predict the current story arc will permanently remove the threat of Kimura and the trigger scent. At this rate, if I'm allowed to exaggerate, we'll end up with a book where each issue is Laura and Gabby going out for croissants with the guest star of the week while covered head to toe in a protective layer made of pink marshmallows. Besides, if this Wolverine title starred Logan, this wouldn't even be a consideration. It almost seems patronizing. Laura's a badass. She can take the occasional bullet and she can most certainly get over chicken boy and his white knight posturing.
    The armor does make a degree of sense, though. I've always found it stupid that characters with healing factors would allow themselves to be injured just because they can heal from it. ESPECIALLY in Laura's case since she doesn't have the whole adamantium treatment like Logan does; her bones are still breakable, and a bullet through the skull will put her down until she heals (see also the first issue). Severe enough wounds can also be debilitating even without knocking her out (IE sever tendons and damage muscle tissue and you ain't moving that limb. I think THIS is why her dirt-pack attack worked on Logan in Target X, rather than bleeding him out; by making strategic cuts and then stopping the wounds from healing she's crippling his mobility). By wearing armor Laura would be less likely to be stopped or slowed down by an injury while waiting for it to heal, which in turn makes her much more dangerous to deal with.

Besides which, it also reduces the potential of an enemy using various means to get past her healing factor, such as carbonadium bullets or the Muramasa Blade.

I'm happy All New Wolverine continues in Ressurection but it seems that Laura will not have much participation in other mutant teams.

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    To be honest, he doesn't have to write a break-up. The relationship came out of nowhere and it would be perfectly acceptable for it to disappear the same way. No one will miss it, or actually seeing a break-up on page. Like every other mention of Angel in the book, it can just be some throwaway line.
    I suppose... but that wouldn't really address the issues, be narratively satisfying, or be anything resembling good writing.

This guy sounds like he does his homework. I hope he's able to stay in the x-office for a while. Him, Duggan, and Bunn are all real quality writers.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

looking forward to the rest of the current arc and also Immune. ANW is going fill speed ahead and its awesome
    X-Men Forever

Tom Taylor is a miracle worker. I've always had a hard time getting into X-23 and within his first couple of issues it seems like I've been a longtime fan. I for one am really glad to move away from the body horror masochism meets teenagers~ and moving into different types of conflicts. I don't think that removes conflict because what else would the series thrive on?

I also LOVE that new outfit. I am way more into using the mask as a way of carrying on the legacy than the color scheme that really only barely works for the original.