Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default More Popular/ Universal: Storm or WW

I always wondered who is more popular.. I'm not talking about back then I'm talking about currently. It seem like Storm has the most fans. But Wonder Woman is more successful in terms of sales and her upcoming movie.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by _tblvb_ View Post
    I always wondered who is more popular.. I'm not talking about back then I'm talking about currently. It seem like Storm has the most fans. But Wonder Woman is more successful in terms of sales and her upcoming movie.

Thoughts?
    Bold the part that actually means something. I'm a fan of both
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

All-New Member

But Wonder Woman has no vocal fans . Storm fans are everywhere

Incredible Member

Clearly Wonder Woman. There is no disputing this. Her iconic status has filtered into books, television, art and pop culture. Images and references to Wonder Woman abound in other media besides comics. She's global in the way Batman and Supperman are.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by _tblvb_ View Post
    But Wonder Woman has no vocal fans . Storm fans are everywhere
    How do you judge this? By the amount of noise being made at specific forums you visits? By the amount of fan art? Cosplay? If so, than Wonder Woman has Storm beat by all account.

Lol are you serious?

Fantastic Member

Everyone in the world know who WW is, she's an icon. I'm sorry, Storm is cool and all but this is not even close...

Here we go....
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

wonder woman is the most popular female hero of all time but storm is in the top 5 most popular female heroes of all time.

storm is iconic in her own way too.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Louder fanbase, that's all. I'm not even saying it's a good or bad thing. I'm just saying we won't be getting a #SaveWonderWoman.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-10-2017 at 11:27 PM.

BANNED

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is a legend.

In the 1990s it was Storm. I don't know about now.

BANNED

Despite it's ups and downs in terms of sales... with more than a few downs. DC's deal with the Marston Estate to keep Wonder Woman in publication to retain the rights is likely whats saved her from obscurity and limbo. But despite this, the book has managed to keep up decent sales on her own.
    Storm has the problem of being created for a team, and has for most, if not all, of her publication history been part of a team... so her solo-book, without that team around her to the same degree as it normally was, that was always going to make it difficult to retain the numbers the teambooks pulled in.
    The difference is that since Diana was created to be a solo-character, she has her own corner of the DCU with her own foes, locations and support characters. Storm however has to share most of hers with the other X-Men. So her going off in a solo series kinda ends up like someone who's left home but still has dinner with the parents every night.
    That said, Storm as a more vocal online fanbase, which may have something to do with Storm having more appearances in other forms of mass-media than Diana... where Diana has recurring parts in the old JL/JLU and now JLA show, Storm has featured in pretty much every X-men cartoon and movie since the early 90'ties. So I expect Storms greater online presence to also come with a bit of an general age gap between the two fanbases.

But taken as a whole, I would still maintain Diana is the more popular because she's passed the point where people buy stuff with her logo on it even if they have never read a book with her, she's become an icon where you almost automatically know her to a degree... or at least think you do. Whats stopped her from becoming a Batman or Superman level vehicle with movies and shows left and right is... well basically she's a woman and till now no studio has had the faith in audiences wanted to see her on her own. I don't personally think the upcomming movie is 'creating' new fans as much as reminding a lot of people that Wonder Woman is actually a cool character.

Actually, I'm a bit curious about this myself. To Americans WW certainly seems like the biggest and most well known female superhero but how about her status among international fans? Speaking as a Scandinavian myself, I can tell from personal experience that WW doesn't seem to be quite as big here as she is in US. While growing up I had no idea who she was. I was completely unfamiliar with her. Characters I knew well growing up were Spider-Man, Turtles, Batman, Superman & X-Men because those titles were published most around here and those were all characters who had their own cartoons back in the 80's and 90's. Behind those came titles like F4, JLA & Avengers which were published more infrequently in form of one off specials and in shared books that collected Marvel or DC stories from different American titles. And to me WW was just one of the JLA members who weren't Batman or Superman. So I'd have to say that based on my experiences, Storm is more well known in Scandinavia at least simply because being part of X-Men which is more well known here than either JLA or WW. Heck, I think that even Robin & Supergirl are more well known here than WW. But that's just my impression of the situation in Scandinavia. How about other international comics fans? Do you feel the same way or are your experiences different?

BANNED

JustAnotherFan:
    I am from Poland
    Storm was more popular. Wonder woman is more popular right now.

In my country X-men are simply less popular than earlier.