Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Then again, there may be people sick of the "re-jigging" of Wonder Woman's origin/history to accommodate "lesser characters" and might feel Donna is the one who needs to have her backstory / origin story "re-jigged" to fit in to what's been currently established for the main character, Wonder Woman.
    Honesty, at this point Wonder Woman's origins are getting re-jigged so much as is that she may become the next Donna Troy. It wouldn't surprise me if the next author performs a soft reboot and discards a lot of the Rucka, hopefully not in a bold retelling though. Regardless if we like it or not, Rucka's origin story omits the daddy-Zeus aspect, which is now the permanent origin for the character. Meaning his work was essentially defunct the moment it was printed.

So I think its a pretty bad idea to latch Donna Troy's origin to Wonder Woman's at this point, its like building a house on quick sand.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Honesty, at this point Wonder Woman's origins are getting re-jigged so much as is that she may become the next Donna Troy. It wouldn't surprise me if the next author performs a soft reboot and discards a lot of the Rucka, hopefully not in a bold retelling though. Regardless if we like it or not, Rucka's origin story omits the daddy-Zeus aspect, which is now the permanent origin for the character. Meaning his work was essentially defunct the moment it was printed.

So I think its a pretty bad idea to latch Donna Troy's origin to Wonder Woman's at this point, its like building a house on quick sand.
    But what Rucka did still kind of remains intact though especially when they make mentions to what happened during his run like when Diana and Vanessa fought and how she cannot return home not yet anyway. I think what Robinson is doing was something mandated by the editors I hope he clears it up
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But what Rucka did still kind of remains intact though especially when they make mentions to what happened during his run like when Diana and Vanessa fought and how she cannot return home not yet anyway. I think what Robinson is doing was something mandated by the editors I hope he clears it up
    Unfortunately, Rucka's origin story is now a bit of a mess.

Jason and Diana are twins, and without any additional intervention, Jason can fly, is super strong and resilient, and has Zeus's ability to control...water/wind?

Diana was born without any powers of note until the Patrons visited her in a jailcell in the U.S. where she was gifted with extraordinary powers.

Why do every single one of Zeus's children portrayed in Robinson's run have spectacular superhuman abilities except Diana, who apparently inherited nothing from her father?

By reinstating some/part/all of Azzarello's origin, it conflicts quite sharply with the story Rucka told, and leaves a lot of questions about which part of Azzarello's story still exist, if anything other than Zeus as baby daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Unfortunately, Rucka's origin story is now a bit of a mess.

Jason and Diana are twins, and without any additional intervention, Jason can fly, is super strong and resilient, and has Zeus's ability to control...water/wind?

Diana was born without any powers of note until the Patrons visited her in a jailcell in the U.S. where she was gifted with extraordinary powers.

Why do every single one of Zeus's children portrayed in Robinson's run have spectacular superhuman abilities except Diana, who apparently inherited nothing from her father?

By reinstating some/part/all of Azzarello's origin, it conflicts quite sharply with the story Rucka told, and leaves a lot of questions about which part of Azzarello's story still exist, if anything other than Zeus as baby daddy.
    Yeah it's all parts of a badly put together jigsaw puzzle at this point though I am certain all of Zeus's children have powers it's just that not many of them got to show them off. My only wish is that at the end of this everything is made clear somehow and I don't even care how they do it just at least try to tell a straight story.

There are some other elements in Rucka's reboot that make the Wonder Woman and her entire cast unstable as well. For one, he abolished not only the entirety of Azzarello and Finch's run, but everything Wonder Woman touched during the New 52. Even the opening JL story is now defunct, that is why Rucka wrote a story where WW meets Batman and Superman for the first time. Of course, pretty much every other creator didn't get the message, which is why Robinson showed WW wearing the silver swim suit she, in this new canon, never wore.

It feels like the character has no anchor now, let alone her 'supporting' cast.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

There are some other elements in Rucka's reboot that make the Wonder Woman and her entire cast unstable as well. For one, he abolished not only the entirety of Azzarello and Finch's run, but everything Wonder Woman touched during the New 52. Even the opening JL story is now defunct, that is why Rucka wrote a story where WW meets Batman and Superman for the first time. Of course, pretty much every other creator didn't get the message, which is why Robinson showed WW wearing the silver swim suit she, in this new canon, never wore.

It feels like the character has no anchor now, let alone her 'supporting' cast.
    I suppose one cannot simply place the blame on Robinson's shoulders alone but Rucka as well who was given too much free reign to do as he pleases. I really wonder why is it so hard for a company that has been working in the publishing business for a hundred years to tell a straight story?

And have we ever been given reasons why Hessia and Artemis exist outside Themyscira? (Or Exoristos before her?)

Some of that's not fair because it's DCnU versus Rebirth, but I'm still curious if the veil surrounding the isle is so impermeable how these characters or Myrina Black for that matter made it out, given The Lies storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    And have we ever been given reasons why Hessia and Artemis exist outside Themyscira? (Or Exoristos before her?)

Some of that's not fair because it's DCnU versus Rebirth, but I'm still curious if the veil surrounding the isle is so impermeable how these characters or Myrina Black for that matter made it out, given The Lies storyline.
    There is a story where Artemis is part of a splinter group of Amazons who broke off from the main one and made their home in Qurac.

. . . Rucka's origin story omits the daddy-Zeus aspect, which is now the permanent origin for the character. Meaning his work was essentially defunct the moment it was printed.
    Disagree completely.
    For Rebirth, Rucka was vague as to whether Diana was or was not the daughter of Zeus. He never said that was a complete lie, and at the same time he also did not say Diana was back to her original "made of clay" origin, either.

Back in Azzarello's era I said to make Donna one of her sister's through her father sides or another demigoddess through another human god pair. Or my KIS origin i.e her being a shipwrecked orphan taken in by the amazons could still work.

In the Finch era she was brought in as a person made of clay so I'd make her a golem of the original. There was a Donna Troy but she died with the titans years before and it would be revealed in Titans Hunt. She was brought back years later to do whatever and eventually she would get flashes of her old life causing her to question her mission etc. My KIS origin would still work here and her arc in Titans would be regaining her old memories.

In Rebirth I'd probably just do the same.