Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I liked the Titans of Myth origin as it made Donna unique instead of a Wonder Woman derivative. I even liked the star-field costume.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I liked the Titans of Myth origin as it made Donna unique instead of a Wonder Woman derivative...
    Can't say that I ever minded Donna being derivative of Wonder Woman...the whole 'Wonder Girl' thing. It's her post-WG career that I want to see her become her own brand.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Even if Donna was somehow a mirror image of Diana brought to life, Donna could still be her own unique character, albeit with similar abilities to Diana's, which should not be too much of a problem since the same can be said for the Superman, Batman, Flash and Marvel families!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I liked the Titans of Myth origin as it made Donna unique instead of a Wonder Woman derivative. I even liked the star-field costume.
    Heh. How about a mashup...regular mortal child, rescued by the Amazons, blessed by the Titans to be their agent against the amazons, but Donna's her own woman....

I fail to see the appeal of incorporating Titan gods. If they behave and function the same as Olympians, they're redundant. If they're intrastellar, I get a sour taste in my mouth.

What if Donna is a Fourth World tefugee? What if she's an avatar of Hera or Persephone or something? What if she's a Pandora test sent from Zeus? I'd prefer her origin to reflect an actual Greek myth in form and function... like how Diana is Galatea meets Heracles.

Child by rape when Hercules raped the Amazons and the Amazons, all except Diana, treat her like an outsider because of it and thats why she runs away to the mortal realm and finds a home with the Titans, the Teen Titans not the Titan Gods...just kidding lol.

Incredible Member

Donna as the sole survivor of a shipwreck who washes up on the shores of Themyscira and is adopted by Queen Hippolyta seems like the most straight forward and logical origin to me.

I'd be happy if they included a little divine intervention - a Greek god was moved by Donna's plight (or maybe one of her parents worshipped the "old gods") and saved her. Or a Greek god had plans for Themyscira and wanted a "spy" on the island (with Donna being unaware that she was being manipulated by someone else). That divine intervention could extent to some special powers which helped Donna to survive the journey from the wreck to the island. Or it could be some other gods / mystical beings, like the Titans, who have a hand in rescuing Donna and guiding her to Themyscira.

Otherwise, Amazon training, purple healing ray and some magical / mystical armour and weapons should be sufficient for Donna to become a "super" hero. Her big sister leaves Themyscira and Donna feels lost. Eventually, Donna decides that it's time to return to man's world because she looks up to her sister and wants to emulate her heroism. Hippolyta is devastated at the loss of both her daughters, but agrees to allow Donna to leave Themyscira.

I'd have Donna be the daughter of ANTIOPE and HYPERION.that way she and DIANA can be cousins.also I'd have her also be the half sister of LILITH because it would be cool if THIA and HYPERION were LILITH's parents

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I fail to see the appeal of incorporating Titan gods. If they behave and function the same as Olympians, they're redundant. If they're intrastellar, I get a sour taste in my mouth.

What if Donna is a Fourth World tefugee? What if she's an avatar of Hera or Persephone or something? What if she's a Pandora test sent from Zeus? I'd prefer her origin to reflect an actual Greek myth in form and function... like how Diana is Galatea meets Heracles.
    Talk about complicating things.

Titans is to make Donna a peer (though younger) and a twin to Diana. And since it's been established that Diana is gifted above and far beyond the other Amazons, there's a need for a source of the power.

Keep aspects of the original and Wolfman/Perez: Donna was rescued from a burning building by the Titan goddess Rhea where she was raised for a time by the Titans of myth. She was subsequently brought to Themyscira and adopted by Queen Hippolyta and raised/trained alongside her adopted older sister, Diana. Diana and her sister grew to have a close bond and when Diana left for "Mans world" Donna longed to follow in her footsteps. Not long after her sister, Donna left the island, was granted gifts and abilities from her patron gods, the Titans, and met teen sidekicks: Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, and Kid Flash to form the original Teen Titans.

I like the first WHO IS DONNA TROY origin with the burning building and Wonder Woman rescuing the child and taking her to Paradise Island where she undergoes Amazon Training and gains her powers as a result. This of course means that the Amazons would have to be a lot more super than they have been Post Crisis (where they got seeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriously nerfed). Donna would be around Class 80-85 and would improve as she continues her practice. It's really simple and opens up a lot of world building opportunities to boot. My head hurts when I think about all the gymnastics done to reinsert Donna after CRISIS messed up WW's mythos. Byrne's DARK ANGEL solution is I suppose pretty clever but the Donna origins are very convoluted.

BANNED

I don't mind the depowering of the Amazons if they're still peak human to Class 5 in strength. That says a lot about the Amazon way if life. But since its established Diana is wayyy above Amazon norms, Donna's origin needs to get her to way above Amazon norms.

Retired

Donna and Dick Grayson, were the twin children of John and Mary Grayson--and known as the Flying Wonder Twins. After their parents were murdered, Bruce and Diana took them into protective custody and they went to Themiscary Island, where they both had Amazon training.

Later, Dick returns to Gotham City, intent on bringing his parents' killers to justice--and thus joins the Batman. Donna remains with the Amazons and is adopted by an Amazon couple, Andromache and Astynome of Troy. Donna occasionally leaves the island to spend time with her brother and Diana, taking part in Teen Titans and Wonder Woman adventures.

After her adoptive parents are killed in one of the many attacks on the Amazons, Donna of Troy spends most of her time in Man's World.

I like the Finiches' origin. It works well and is not confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I'd be happy if they included a little divine intervention - a Greek god was moved by Donna's plight (or maybe one of her parents worshipped the "old gods") and saved her. Or a Greek god had plans for Themyscira and wanted a "spy" on the island (with Donna being unaware that she was being manipulated by someone else). That divine intervention could extent to some special powers which helped Donna to survive the journey from the wreck to the island. Or it could be some other gods / mystical beings, like the Titans, who have a hand in rescuing Donna and guiding her to Themyscira.
    I absolutely love this. It sounds like a true Greek myth!

My version: a girl is desperate for help during a fire, so she prays in the desperate hour and a god(dess) hears (maybe Hestia?), sending her to Themyscira. She is taken with wariness at first, but the oracle of the island tells them to take the girl and raise her as an amazon, since she has a divine mission ahead. And so do they.

She is truly greateful and all, but she never forgets the home she left behind (it could even be a poor, violent neighbourhood that she wants to protect somehow). Inspired by the actions of Diana, she chooses to leave the island at 18 to fulfill her destiny in her own world: save people like her from a lost destiny.