Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Diana and Superman's magic clone baby created by Luthor and Circe where Troy is an acronym meaning Tactical Robust Obedient Youth

lol
    Last edited by Mutant God; 01-17-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Circe stole an essence of Wonder Woman to create a body for Giganta to possess, Wonder Woman stops them but asks the gods to bestow life on the body because the body reminded her of herself and thus Donna was born....I tried lmao.

Incredible Member

The original story line was always been fine with me!

But can we give her some better costume choices!!

http://www.carolastrickland.com/comi.../dt_cost3.html

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

I love Carolstrick's Site!!! Sooooooooooo much detail and care!!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

I agree. Giving her yet another new origin won't help the situation. This and so many other things in the WW mythos struggle with the fact that no one ever wants to stick to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I agree. Giving her yet another new origin won't help the situation. This and so many other things in the WW mythos struggle with the fact that no one ever wants to stick to anything.
    Agreed. While I love the creativity by other posters, I'm not sure adding another new origin will fix the issue or create more problems and confusion. I personally feel that the simpler idea the better. With so many retcons and origin stories associated with Donna Troy already, it's enough to fill a Wiki page and give a person a headache. LOL! I've never understood why Donna can't simply be Diana's younger sister (adopted or otherwise) and leave it at that. Maybe smarter people than I can fill in the blanks to how she got to the island as an orphan in the first place but, the simpler the better! Side note: It is nice to know that others love this character as much as I do.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Agreed. While I love the creativity by other posters, I'm not sure adding another new origin will fix the issue or create more problems and confusion. I personally feel that the simpler idea the better. With so many retcons and origin stories associated with Donna Troy already, it's enough to fill a Wiki page and give a person a headache. LOL! I've never understood why Donna can't simply be Diana's younger sister (adopted or otherwise) and leave it at that. Maybe smarter people than I can fill in the blanks to how she got to the island as an orphan in the first place but, the simpler the better! Side note: It is nice to know that others love this character as much as I do.
    My only idea is to just scrap all of DC's current comics and have them restart with three comics Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. And in Wonder Woman Donna can be Diana's adopted sister who followed her Man's World in search of her own identity.

So... I almost never write fan fiction per se. But seeing all this churn on Donna Troy, I wrote an origin (a little different from what I posted earlier) that encapsulates what I like about the character, or what I would like about the character, given a chance.

I know some of you have seen it (and commented on it) before, so thanks for that. Rather than put the lengthy text here, I've tossed it up on my blog (which is not very active these days):

Godsend; Or, Who Is Donna Troy?

There's a purpose to most of the elements in the story. I prefer a Donna who was born in Man's World; spent years on Themyscira as Hippolyta's adopted daughter and Diana's loving younger sister; and goes back to Man's World, where she is more connected with ordinary life there than Diana. (Including where she lived, and with whom, when she was a teenager in Man's World.) I would also like to see, in backstory and flashbacks, Donna as Wonder Girl spending at least some time as Wonder Woman's sidekick. All the other O5 Titans had this relationship with their mentors, appearing in their mentors' stories, which gave them a certain visibility and solidity. For Wonder Girl this was only vaguely hinted at, and after her saved-from-a-fire-by-Diana origin was retconned in, they never really fleshed it out with stories about Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl working together in Man's World.

I've included details that make it sensible for her to choose the adult name Dark Star. That's my favorite choice, but the story also supports Dark Angel or Dark Opal. (That's the reason I included a reference to the House of Opal on Gemworld.) I have never liked the name Troia - it has nothing to do with her powers, appearance, or goals, and it's not even a word in English. (All the other O5 Titans got better than that.) Also, the Italians use it to mean "slut."

This version of Donna gets her powers, like Diana, from goddesses of Greek mythology. But instead of being a horizontal group (Artemis, Athena, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hestia - all Olympians and within one generation of each other), they are a vertical group (a primordial goddess, a Titan, an Olympian, and one or two others). I thought that might be an interesting change, and keep a hint of the connection to the Titans of Myth (although admittedly no more than a hint)

I threw in a magic mirror and a house fire, which some may find nostalgic, but they are useful in context.

All (friendly) comments, critiques, and questions welcome.

As ever,
    Doctor Bifrost
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 01-23-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I would go with Donna is a baby saved by Thetis and is adopted by Hippoltya.

Fantastic Member

I will just have her a simply being the daughter from Antiope. She has no father. Antiope, basically, also longed for her own child but she taken an oath of celibacy. Hence, one of goddess patron of Themyscira, the Titan Themis granted her divine birth, and Donna Troy grows up to be a warrior, and while not as fast as strong, fast, durable and skilled as WW, she equalizes that weakness by also being a powerful mystic. She has a blindfold which allows her truth powers similar to WW's lasso, a mystical bow bestowed upon her by Nemesis, and very clear fair judgment in character.

I'd Doomsday Clock her into being a tween saved by Wonder Woman and brought to Themyscira, healed by the Purple Ray and subsequently given superpowers, and raised by Hippolyta.

This golem-y, weapon-against-the-Amazons origin has to go. It's so not who Donna is.

/EDIT OUT

(I was inadvertently repeating my earlier link. Comments still welcome!)
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-01-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd Doomsday Clock her into being a tween saved by Wonder Woman and brought to Themyscira, healed by the Purple Ray and subsequently given superpowers, and raised by Hippolyta.

This golem-y, weapon-against-the-Amazons origin has to go. It's so not who Donna is.
    Seconded. This is how I see Donna portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Seconded. This is how I see Donna portrayed.
    Thirded? Anyway... I 100% AGREE!! Donna should grow up on Themyscira and be adopted by the queen! Although I feel it's important to give her that familiar bond with Diana, part of me also feels that who/where she comes from has never been as important as who she has become: a warrior, an Amazon and a hero.

Back in the 80's there was a NTT/Outsiders cross-over. There was a nice moment between Halo and Donna. Halo, who had no memories of her past or where she came from, asked if Donna was really Diana's sister and what would Donna do if never finds out where she came from? Donna's reply was basically: where she came from wasn't as important as who she is now (paraphrasing) because she is someone special. Barr wrote that 30 years ago and it's still true today. I really hope that DC fixes Donna's history and gives her back the family bond to the royal family as well as focusing on making her a hero worthy of the Wonder Woman legacy.

Fun and very creative write up on Donna, Doctor Bifrost!