Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I did stop posting here because of brick walls until the books actually came out. It really isn't the friendliest forum. Personally I ignore every poster that needs too say repeatedly "Jurgens needs to be fired" "we need a real writer on Action" "can't wait for his replacement" and my favorite lol "I don't read this book but blah blah blah"

Dan is a corner stone of my Superman and Rebirth in general enjoyment, he's great. I think some of your posters feel like it's their job to tell the people why they shouldn't like what they do.

It's not hard to scroll past posts, most use a convenient profile picture to recognize.
    Well Said.......

I love what Jurgen's has done over the last couple of years with Lois & Clark, and now Action.

Lois and Clark was such a breath of fresh air near the end of new 52. Lee Weeks is someone I always welcome on art. I have to say it was a long way around to make a Superman family dynamic but I have been enjoying it ever since.

I really like career mom Lois.

Incredible Member

My only issue with this is that Ted Kord didn't fall to his death... he's in the blue beetle book

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Maybe he just passed the delivery guy on the way in to visit Lois to confer about a work topic and graciously paid for the food for her and saved the delivery guy the trouble of walking up the stairs. The old real Clarks might have done it as a pretense to get Lois to notice them, or to be helpful. Maybe he even noticed that something seemed to be "up" with Lois and was worried about her as a friend, or his reporter instincts were kicking in. It's possible that he's passing on that Perry White seems upset and is on the verge of firing her and she should make an appearance at the Planet or call him back or turn something in or whatever. I agree that this "Clark" is pretty creepy, but it's interesting how he does stuff that the other "real" Clarks might have done in years past, and either the writers and artists shape it to make it seem a little sinister, or our perceptions are different because we know he can't be "real" since he's not Kryptonian (Hard to say which).

I mean, the whole history of the traditional Lois and Clark is Clark basically stalking Lois while Lois basically stalked Superman, isn't it?
    I had the same thoughts - it's stuff Clark would do (in most cases, not all of course), but they're giving it a sinister look - foreshadowing what's to come. And I think the Post-Crisis Cyborg Superman (Hank Henshaw) may be exactly who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Wh,y he could still have doned the S sheild since he had it on Before Nupes died while on Apocalypse, or just had his regular Lex suit. He looks better in Green anyway. We knew so little about this Luthr and Nuperman. All we know is that at some point he and Nuperman had a big knockdown dragout fight tgar ended with both of them scarred and Lex in a prison of his own design. You can't wipe **** like that away just because.
    Much as I'm not a New52 fan, I agree that what you're talking about would have been cool - but this is good, too, just different. And it's good to see Lex standing up (in his own way) for the New52 Superman.

But who knows, you may get that conversation yet, eventually. I hope you do get it, even if said hope excludes losing Mr. El.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ehhhhh well hopefully these aren't just jabs at others, because that'd be hypocritical. Within reason I really enjoy having discussions that aren't just a small pack of posts agreeing with each other, but I'm sorry that people are being put off. Stick around more and I think the Reborn storyline will yield more common ground.
    I second this. I completely understand the frustration of reading such negative things about a book you're enjoying - but the factors that play into said opinions are that 1: everybody reads dialogue differently - so you read something and it sounds fine but others think it doesn't, etc.. look how often posters can read something wrong that someone writes. So story dialogue is no different. 2: we all have different tastes - if I hold up a picture of Zach Snyder, half a room will want to raise a glass to it and the other half will want to throw darts.. lol and 3: especially for those of us who more-or-less skipped the New52 and picked back up at Rebirth, we're just getting settled in so we're rolling with some of the punches and enjoying the view again. Others have been through some really good and really bad moments and had become invested, only to (basically, at least at the moment) lose a large part of what they became invested in. That hurts (we should know!) and that hurt, whether intended or not, will carry into how stories are read and how things are perceived.

People may have one or two of these things, or a bits of all of these things, even mixed with story or dialogue issues that really don't make sense or don't seem to. So don't be afraid to say what you like when you like it, even if others don't. I certainly don't mind swimming against the current. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    My only issue with this is that Ted Kord didn't fall to his death... he's in the blue beetle book
    Ted Kord's father was the one that fell to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I second this. I completely understand the frustration of reading such negative things about a book you're enjoying - but the factors that play into said opinions are that 1: everybody reads dialogue differently - so you read something and it sounds fine but others think it doesn't, etc.. look how often posters can read something wrong that someone writes. So story dialogue is no different. 2: we all have different tastes - if I hold up a picture of Zach Snyder, half a room will want to raise a glass to it and the other half will want to throw darts.. lol and 3: especially for those of us who more-or-less skipped the New52 and picked back up at Rebirth, we're just getting settled in so we're rolling with some of the punches and enjoying the view again. Others have been through some really good and really bad moments and had become invested, only to (basically, at least at the moment) lose a large part of what they became invested in. That hurts (we should know!) and that hurt, whether intended or not, will carry into how stories are read and how things are perceived.

People may have one or two of these things, or a bits of all of these things, even mixed with story or dialogue issues that really don't make sense or don't seem to. So don't be afraid to say what you like when you like it, even if others don't. I certainly don't mind swimming against the current. lol
    Just wanted to tell you that your inclusive nature here even amongst those who are critical is highly welcome. Its a pleasure to have conversation with you whether we're agreeing or not. Good show.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Thank you! At the end of the day, we're all fans - none has more control than the other of how things go. So we're all in this boat together. Even if some of us want off. lol

And I'd say likewise - I very much enjoy the conversions we've had. Differing opinions are also a nice way to test the mettle of one's positions - if nothing else, you learn why you like what you like and if there's another aspect to a particular like or dislike that you didn't understand before. It's a fascinating experience.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Wow, is good to se that there is still people interested in the series.
    I second this. I completely understand the frustration of reading such negative things about a book you're enjoying - but the factors that play into said opinions are that 1: everybody reads dialogue differently - so you read something and it sounds fine but others think it doesn't, etc.. look how often posters can read something wrong that someone writes. So story dialogue is no different. 2: we all have different tastes - if I hold up a picture of Zach Snyder, half a room will want to raise a GLASS to it and the other half will want to throw darts.. lol and 3: especially for those of us who more-or-less skipped the New52 and picked back up at Rebirth, we're just getting settled in so we're rolling with some of the punches and enjoying the view again. Others have been through some really good and really bad moments and had become invested, only to (basically, at least at the moment) lose a large part of what they became invested in. That hurts (we should know!) and that hurt, whether intended or not, will carry into how stories are read and how things are perceived.

This is a beatiful sentiment, i totally agreed.