Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He sure has acted more impulsive and take charge since he came back, though, hasn't he? In Convergence under the dome, he was his same dull pre-FP self. He comes back, 10 years later one Superman dies so he comes back to action and now he's acting like, well, Superman again. Its almost as if something is making him more himself again, for the first time in a very long time....
    He didn't seemed dull on Convergence, even without powers he was taking on bandits.

Well that's my adjective, depending on the individuals tastes, one might choose another to describe him. Point being though that there are some subtle, but noticeable differences between how he was portrayed in Convergence and L&C personality-wise and how he's been portrayed ever since he took over again. He's more headstrong, he's more confident, he's a little more aggressive. Its nothing drastic, but it is there. Something to be chalked up to just different writers? Sure, maybe. Except the Jurgens is writing him this way now too and he's the guy who wrote the aforementioned stories. And with the looming questions and theories of Reborn, I think its relevant.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-11-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

He sure has acted more impulsive and take charge since he came back, though, hasn't he? In Convergence under the dome, he was his same dull pre-FP self. He comes back, 10 years later one Superman dies so he comes back to action and now he's acting like, well, Superman again. Its almost as if something is making him more himself again, for the first time in a very long time....
    In Convergence, he trashed some mooks when he was powerless, put down the heroes of the Flashpoint timeline without breaking a sweat and took the charge of the whole assault with the other heroes against Deimos, that sounds a lot like Superman for me.

I'm talking personality, not superheroic feats. Of course he performed superheroics, all incarnations of him has. I never said he didn't in either Convergence or L&C.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

In the L&C he was shown to be, kind of agresive too and had a short fuse for people that put inoncents in danger, not very different of what Jurgens is doing with him right now. As i said he is just acting with his 90s personality (and powers apparently), wich wasn't that far from the Nusups anyway.

I still think there's something to that though. I think either in death, or maybe while in life too, the two Supermen were influencing one another in certain ways because they're two halves of a whole. But, its just a theory. Could end up meaning nothing. I think there's something to it, at this point I hope there is actually, and certainly that influences me, but at the same time I think there's some arguments to be made for it with the way things are going and the hints we are receiving.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Did I read it right? Did Lex Luthor just say that Superdad is different from New 52 Superman in that he is "quicker to act" after he punched him?

Superdad being more impulsive than new 52 Superman is ridiculous.
    Did the New 52 Superman run up and punch Luthor, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think there's something to that though. I think either in death, or maybe while in life too, the two Supermen were influencing one another in certain ways because they're two halves of a whole. But, its just a theory. Could end up meaning nothing. I think there's something to it, at this point I hope there is actually, and certainly that influences me, but at the same time I think there's some arguments to be made for it with the way things are going and the hints we are receiving.
    That could be - but I have to agree with TheCape: the Superman from Convergence onward may have the continuity of the Pre-Flashpoint Superman, but his mental starting position was definitely the temperament of Jurgen's 90's Post-Crisis Superman. The only extra care he was taking had to do with Lois being pregnant and about to give birth, but other than that...his mindset bore little resemblance to the Pre-Flashpoint Superman. Saying "his same dull pre-FP self" seems to suggest that he's acting as he did in, say, "Grounded" or something. Hence the disagreement.

I will say that he's been slightly more aggressive starting around "Superman: Lois & Clark". At first it was due to his power fluctuation, he pushed harder to compensate. But now that slight personality shift has stuck, and you may still be onto something.

Then again, part of it may be them trying to emphasize his older, generally more "experienced" nature in the form of him acting sooner/more decisively.
    Last edited by JAK; 01-11-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's a great issue to connect the continuity: forever evil and the Lois & Clark mini.

WTH Clark is doing with chinese food? dude was so stalking Lois.
    I didn't even notice he was carrying the chinese Lois ordered. What did he steal it off the delivery guy? Bugged her phone?

Great issue that cleared up a lot of Lex and Superman animosity. I really love their dynamic. Lex's words about honoring the man who learned to accept him were great. That last page. I'm hoping for PRIME TIME.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Great issue that cleared up a lot of Lex and Superman animosity. I really love their dynamic. Lex's words about honoring the man who learned to accept him were great. That last page. I'm hoping for PRIME TIME.
    Would have been better with Nuperman, they could have gone indepth about everything,The torture, the Prison, the scar, The Freaking Calf, everything they'd experienced up to that point and really hashed things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Would have been better with Nuperman, they could have gone indepth about everything,The torture, the Prison, the scar, The Freaking Calf, everything they'd experienced up to that point and really hashed things out.
    Yeah... but that didn't happen... and couldn't. Luthor put on the outfit and became a Superman because Superbro died. You know, the point of the conversation in the issue. So uh... alright then.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I didn't even notice he was carrying the chinese Lois ordered. What did he steal it off the delivery guy? Bugged her phone?
    Maybe he just passed the delivery guy on the way in to visit Lois to confer about a work topic and graciously paid for the food for her and saved the delivery guy the trouble of walking up the stairs. The old real Clarks might have done it as a pretense to get Lois to notice them, or to be helpful. Maybe he even noticed that something seemed to be "up" with Lois and was worried about her as a friend, or his reporter instincts were kicking in. It's possible that he's passing on that Perry White seems upset and is on the verge of firing her and she should make an appearance at the Planet or call him back or turn something in or whatever. I agree that this "Clark" is pretty creepy, but it's interesting how he does stuff that the other "real" Clarks might have done in years past, and either the writers and artists shape it to make it seem a little sinister, or our perceptions are different because we know he can't be "real" since he's not Kryptonian (Hard to say which).

I mean, the whole history of the traditional Lois and Clark is Clark basically stalking Lois while Lois basically stalked Superman, isn't it?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue well enough. Looking forward to the conclusion next issue!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Yeah... but that didn't happen... and couldn't. Luthor put on the outfit and became a Superman because Superbro died. You know, the point of the conversation in the issue. So uh... alright then.
    Wh,y he could still have doned the S sheild since he had it on Before Nupes died while on Apocalypse, or just had his regular Lex suit. He looks better in Green anyway. We knew so little about this Luthr and Nuperman. All we know is that at some point he and Nuperman had a big knockdown dragout fight tgar ended with both of them scarred and Lex in a prison of his own design. You can't wipe **** like that away just because.