Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Wh,y he could still have doned the S sheild since he had it on Before Nupes died while on Apocalypse, or just had his regular Lex suit. He looks better in Green anyway. We knew so little about this Luthr and Nuperman. All we know is that at some point he and Nuperman had a big knockdown dragout fight tgar ended with both of them scarred and Lex in a prison of his own design. You can't wipe **** like that away just because.
    Yeah... but that's not happening in this comic. I'd rather discuss the ACTUAL issue, than wishes and could be's. Don't know what else to say. Sorry, man.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Would have been better with Nuperman, they could have gone indepth about everything,The torture, the Prison, the scar, The Freaking Calf, everything they'd experienced up to that point and really hashed things out.
    I think it works better with this story that Lex and Superman don't know each other very well. They're playing up how on some level Clark is judging Lex based his counterpart instead of on his own merits, in a similarish way L'Call is judging Lex because of what might happen and not what has happened.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Wh,y he could still have doned the S sheild since he had it on Before Nupes died while on Apocalypse, or just had his regular Lex suit. He looks better in Green anyway. We knew so little about this Luthr and Nuperman. All we know is that at some point he and Nuperman had a big knockdown dragout fight tgar ended with both of them scarred and Lex in a prison of his own design. You can't wipe **** like that away just because.
    Well they attempted to wipe everything away in 1986 and again in 2006 and then again in 2011....So....

Seriously though,they didn't give us much meat to chew on with Nuperman and Nu Lex. They should have and they could have, but didn't. They made the decision to waste time on stunts and stupid crossovers instead of building back up the universe they chose to reboot. When you reboot and flush 20 plus years of stories away,you are obligated to take time and rebuild and redefined what you erased. They made the choice not to over the course of 5 years.

Say what one will about the 1986 reboot,but by the time Byrne left in 1988 ( I and others certainly have and not always glowingly) we had a pretty comprehensive back story and defined history for Post Crisis Superman. We knew his history for the most part. We knew pretty much what was still in continuity from before and what wasn't. We knew what the deal was between his Lex and Lois, etc. That was only TWO YEARS. Five years into the New 52 we still didn't know for sure if Doomsday had ever killed Superman and what exactly was the Lex in prison with scars thing was about. We literally had NO IDEA what occurred in the missing 5 year gap they kept promising to fill in.

I seriously doubt if they had continued Nuperman if we ever would have gotten those answers. I happen to think not, because they weren't interested in building a new continuity. They just wanted to get rid of the old one simply because it was " old" without a plan, other than throw Supes In a Jim Lee designed suit and to ditch the Lois and Clark relationship for Wonder Woman. Every attempt by Perez, Morrison,Lobdell or Pak to flesh any of that out failed either by incompetence or design.

Now...About the issue...

Not bad plot wise. I actually overall enjoyed this story and exploring the dynamic of Lex with this Superman. I'd dare say we learned more about this incarnation of Lex in this arc than we did through much of the new 52. As much as I was unsure of a ' Superior Superman " situation,I actually hope Lex stays this way for awhile.

The dialogue again is the biggest problem. Ive said it before and I will keep saying it, if they'd give Jurgens a co writter to just do dialogue,90 percent of the reasonable criticisms of Jurgens would be resolved. His plots aren't bad at all and the art is often good,but that 90s dialogue... Particularly when Lois and Jon show up. It's almost Full House level sitcom stuff. I like Jon elsewhere,but here the dialogue grates.

All in all,I liked it though.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-12-2017 at 05:35 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that i'm the only one that still care about this arc.
    Not the only one! This forum is not the most friendliest place for discussing Rebirth Superman, especially written by Dan Jurgens. I am probably not alone in staying quiet and discussing elsewhere.
    Great repositories for everything regarding Post-Crisis Superman
    http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/
    http://superman86to99.tumblr.com/

I'm also enjoying the Arc. So there are at least a few people who like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefBourguignon View Post
    Not the only one! This forum is not the most friendliest place for discussing Rebirth Superman, especially written by Dan Jurgens. I am probably not alone in staying quiet and discussing elsewhere.
    It's becoming boring and almost impossible discuss Jurgens run here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that i'm the only one that still care about this arc..
    Me as well

I'm loving both Superman and Action since Rebirth.

This issue was awesome!!

The only thing I didn't like is how fast Clark loses his powers under a red sun.
    I preferred when it took much longer to drain the solar energy build-up from his cells.

Did the New 52 Superman run up and punch Luthor, too?
    Well it was implied in one point that he tried to kill Luthor, but that probably isn't canon anymore.

Same here. I still read and enjoy Action with Jurgens. I just don't post much here anymore. Plus I haven't had the chance to read this issue yet. Sounds good though and I look forward to it. So I'll chime in when I have something to contribute.

Fantastic Member

Same here. I like the arc, and I enjoy the series. But I have better things to do than argue with brick walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Same here. I like the arc, and I enjoy the series. But I have better things to do than argue with brick walls.
    LOL that's Awesome

This is why I usually remain silent. A brief discussion I had in this thread gives a perfect example of why I usually do that.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ehhhhh well hopefully these aren't just jabs at others, because that'd be hypocritical. Within reason I really enjoy having discussions that aren't just a small pack of posts agreeing with each other, but I'm sorry that people are being put off. Stick around more and I think the Reborn storyline will yield more common ground.

The only thing I didn't like is how fast Clark loses his powers under a red sun.
    I preferred when it took much longer to drain the solar energy build-up from his cells.
    Well, he seemed alright aside from getting attacked by those pretty strong dudes.

I enjoy it as well. Jurgens run takes way too much criticism IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ehhhhh well hopefully these aren't just jabs at others, because that'd be hypocritical. Within reason I really enjoy having discussions that aren't just a small pack of posts agreeing with each other, but I'm sorry that people are being put off. Stick around more and I think the Reborn storyline will yield more common ground.
    I did stop posting here because of brick walls until the books actually came out. It really isn't the friendliest forum. Personally I ignore every poster that needs too say repeatedly "Jurgens needs to be fired" "we need a real writer on Action" "can't wait for his replacement" and my favorite lol "I don't read this book but blah blah blah"

Dan is a corner stone of my Superman and Rebirth in general enjoyment, he's great. I think some of your posters feel like it's their job to tell the people why they shouldn't like what they do.

It's not hard to scroll past posts, most use a convenient profile picture to recognize.