Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    On-panel, they were never really a couple per say, just attracted to one another via an instinctual attraction. As for anything that happened over the 8 month timeskip, who knows? Cindy did describe Peter as her ex in her solo once.
    If I understand the circumstances right, Cindy was bitten the exact same time as Peter was, but was shut away from the world from that moment until recently. Emotionally, she's still that 15/16 year old, with no real world experience with love, attraction and lust beyond the high school level---so she could very well think of Peter as an "ex". Peter, being way more experienced, is gonna recognize that inexperience and be protective of her. He might even like her as a person, but I'd think he's way too smart to get close to her and confuse the issue.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    It is a good book I enjoy a bit of comedy in a character when done well but the sales don't seem to be doing so stellar from what I heard.
    While I don't follow the sales, I have heard about that. Although to be honest I never expected the book to last as long as it has so it's already exceeded my expectations, in more than one way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    If I understand the circumstances right, Cindy was bitten the exact same time as Peter was, but was shut away from the world from that moment until recently. Emotionally, she's still that 15/16 year old, with no real world experience with love, attraction and lust beyond the high school level---so she could very well think of Peter as an "ex". Peter, being way more experienced, is gonna recognize that inexperience and be protective of her. He might even like her as a person, but I'd think he's way too smart to get close to her and confuse the issue.
    A direct copy that Slott used from ultimate spider-man where both Peter Parker and Miles Morales were respectively bitten by the same spider...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A direct copy that Slott used from ultimate spider-man where both Peter Parker and Miles Morales were respectively bitten by the same spider...
    Except they weren't. Peter and Miles were not bitten by the same one unless that has been retconned later on. That's why they don't have the same exact powers.
    Last edited by Bor; 01-13-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Except they weren't. Peter and Miles were not bitten by the same one unless that has been retconned later on. That's why they don't have the same exact powers.
    The same can be applied towards Spidey 616 and Silk. I feel that having Silk connected to Spidey's origins for Sins Past was just plain lazy writing. It might have been better to have had a far more interesting Sins Past storyline involving Spider-Man and Spider-Woman against Mystique's Freedom Force of which Spidey's memories of the ordeal were suppressed afterwards with Jessica to know what really happened involving his sister, for example...

They were never a couple in 616 canon. Their attraction was solely based upon biological impulses, as others have already pointed out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

The same can be applied towards Spidey 616 and Silk. I feel that having Silk connected to Spidey's origins for Sins Past was just plain lazy writing. It might have been better to have had a far more interesting Sins Past storyline involving Spider-Man and Spider-Woman against Mystique's Freedom Force of which Spidey's memories of the ordeal were suppressed afterwards with Jessica to know what really happened involving his sister, for example...
    Ehm none of that has anything to do with what I wrote.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Ehm none of that has anything to do with what I wrote.
    As an alternate to Cindy's origins and character which was just a recycled Ultimate Universe idea...

Except that it WASN'T a recycled idea, Miles was bitten by a different spider.

BANNED

As an alternate to Cindy's origins and character which was just a recycled Ultimate Universe idea...
    Which you were wrong about since Peter and Miles were not bitting by the same spider... Similiar origins for sure but not exactly the same.