Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Inhumans vs XMEN #2 (Spoilers)

Not much development, just fights really

-Medusa and Johnny Storm prepare for the mutant attack. Medusa gets into her warrior queen outfit.
    -Storm urges the xmen to have restriant and not hurt civilians
    -Magik teleports a bunch of inhumans to limbo including Naja
    -Teen Beast breaks into the "other" beast's lab but is interrupted by Medusa
    -Medusa attacks Teen Beast and slams him but Nightcrawler teleports in and takes her out
    -Storm tells Teen Beast to go into Adult Beast's comp
    -Iso and Inferno are on a mission to escape but Sabretooth stops them
    -Iso and Inferno know his file and feel they're no match for Sabretooth
    -Johnny Storm attacks Sabretooth and sets him on fire, Sabretooth attacks Johnny Storm and he is sent to limbo
    -Medusa, Johnny, Crystal and more Inhumans are seen locked up in limbo
    -Iso and Inferno escape, and Storm sends Teen Angel and Laura after them
    -Laura crashes their getaway plane and they all fall
    -Iso and Inferno find an Inhuman teleporter and he gets them away before Laura attacks
    -Iso and Inferno are now in some jungle and they make a comment that they're glad they got away from Wolverine
    -Old Man Logan surprises them...

BANNED

art was fine, the issue was meh. UXM Tie-in was better but issue felt so incomplete.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I got the feeling the NuHumans (Iso, Inferno and others) will be the breakout stars of this crossover.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I got the feeling the NuHumans (Iso, Inferno and others) will be the breakout stars of this crossover.
    I mean, they'll try to make them breakout stars. Too bad those characters are garbage.

I can't hide it, I kinda loved the "At least we're away from Wolverine" and then Logan shows up "Guess this just ain't your day".
    The Laura/Warren scenes were cringy though. It's obvious that they're writing Laura based on ANXM, and well, that sums things up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can't hide it, I kinda loved the "At least we're away from Wolverine" and then Logan shows up "Guess this just ain't your day".
    The Laura/Warren scenes were cringy though. It's obvious that they're writing Laura based on ANXM, and well, that sums things up.
    Even worse: IT completely ignores the fact that Laura DOESN'T want to kill these days. The writing made her come across like she was all too happy to do so, with Warren telling Iso and Inferno they don't want to hurt them, but Laura retorting "Yes we do," and then Warren chastising her after they escape.

So exciting, can't wait to see how Iso and Inferno will get away from Old Man Logan the next issue!
    /s

But I guess OML is there with Forge building the cloud purifier, so there's pretty big stakes involved at least...
    Last edited by yet another; 01-11-2017 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Even worse: IT completely ignores the fact that Laura DOESN'T want to kill these days. The writing made her come across like she was all too happy to do so, with Warren telling Iso and Inferno they don't want to hurt them, but Laura retorting "Yes we do," and then Warren chastising her after they escape.

That's the point. Post IvX the status quo will be flipped between mutantkind and inhumans and guess who will be persecuting inhumans?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I mean, they'll try to make them breakout stars. Too bad those characters are garbage.
    I like Inferno but his character development got shafted after that first Inhuman book.

I laughed way to hard at Medusa screaming at Beast, telling him that their deal is over because they've "endangered her people", bitch please, your deal was garbage and you're a hypocrite. I disliked the issue because it felt like Civil War II where we got a bunch of nothing with a side of heroes fighting other heroes but that scene with the Inhuman Royal Family trapped in Limbo surrounded by Demons did make me smile.

Also as much as I'm Team X-Men I don't want any Inhumans to die BUT I would love if Black Bolt was actually punished for releasing that stupid death cloud into the world, and add Medusa to the mix for allowing it and protecting it.

Just like jumped on at this point. Ain't sure if this is the right place to ask but...

What were the Avengers doing at this point?

Why didn't they stop this Terrigan Mist that is like killing mutants left and right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I laughed way to hard at Medusa screaming at Beast, telling him that their deal is over because they've "endangered her people", bitch please, your deal was garbage and you're a hypocrite. I disliked the issue because it felt like Civil War II where we got a bunch of nothing with a side of heroes fighting other heroes but that scene with the Inhuman Royal Family trapped in Limbo surrounded by Demons did make me smile.

Also as much as I'm Team X-Men I don't want any Inhumans to die BUT I would love if Black Bolt was actually punished for releasing that stupid death cloud into the world, and add Medusa to the mix for allowing it and protecting it.
    The inhumans protected the mutants from the cloud and attempted to find a cure for M-pox.
    And I'm supposed to sympathize with the people attacking non provoking nation and kidnapping their citizens? As much as I want both sides to come out ok, the mutants lost any sympathy I had for them with this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorSuperboy View Post
    Just like jumped on at this point. Ain't sure if this is the right place to ask but...

What were the Avengers doing at this point?

Why didn't they stop this Terrigan Mist that is like killing mutants left and right?
    Plot Induced Stupidity. Same reason people tend to run upstairs when a serial killer is in their home.

If you're new to comics, best idea is to acclimate yourself quickly.

BANNED

The inhumans protected the mutants from the cloud and attempted to find a cure for M-pox.
    And I'm supposed to sympathize with the people attacking non provoking nation and kidnapping their citizens? As much as I want both sides to come out ok, the mutants lost any sympathy I had for them with this issue.
    Thank you for the laugh. I agree this issue was light on comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post

I can't sympathise with a group that released a poisonous cloud into the Earth and is willing to kill if someone decides to mess with it.

Some of the Mutant leaders were good (or dumb?) enough to actually give them time to find a M-Pox cure that was impossible to make, while their people were dying across the globe. The X-Men are not even trying to harm them, just contain them so they won't stop them from destroying that Cloud that's killing them and is going to make the planet inhabitable to them.

Also, this attack is nothing, no Inhumans are dying (except the ones Monet killed), but boo hoo, if we were to count bodies the Inhumans have way more blood on their hands for sure.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 01-11-2017 at 09:56 AM.