Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default WW April 2017- Circe's Back

The solicits are at least up on Comixology:

WWCirce.jpg

Wonder Woman #20
    “Godwatch” part three! Cale launches a desperate gambit to take control of Godwatch, but her plan hinges on two factors she cannot control: the witch Circe, and Wonder Woman!

Wonder Woman #21
    “The Truth” part four! As the reality of Themyscira is revealed, Wonder Woman is forced to make a decision: defy the will of the gods or betray her Amazon sisters to Godwatch!

So Circe's living in the modern world I take it. While I was expecting to see her at some point in this run, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. And since the Godwatch arc takes place in the earlier years, maybe she's not with them in the present? And I guess each issue in this arc will focus on a different member? Because we got Dr. Cyber last issue.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Interesting new look for Circe. I don't think I love it. WAY to generic-looking. Circe should be many things, but "generic" should never be one of them.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

who drew this? I can't find the artist anywhere and I can't tell if its Liam or someone new. I like the art either way, the color is beautiful and I like circe's new look, but I liked her new 52 look too and i know most people didn't like it.

It may just be a temporary outfit while she's operating in our world while working with Godwatch. I'd like it in that context, but hope we get some other looks for her in her "goddess" aspect.

Maru and her squad have multiple outfits too after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    who drew this? I can't find the artist anywhere and I can't tell if its Liam or someone new. I like the art either way, the color is beautiful and I like circe's new look, but I liked her new 52 look too and i know most people didn't like it.
    Bliquis Evely, who drew the Year One interlude issue about Minerva. So Sharp's Circe may end up looking entirely different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Bilquis Evely, she's taking over from Nicola Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Interesting new look for Circe. I don't think I love it. WAY to generic-looking. Circe should be many things, but "generic" should never be one of them.
    I'm almost certain it's just her civilian disguise she uses to mingle with the likes of Cale. Her New 52 look was back in the Trinity cover, so who knows...

But can I just say... it's amazing that we have had almost a decade of writers who weren't willing to write WW's rogues (or at least, write them well), and here Rucka is unleashing the gauntlet of Wonder Rogues. Cheetah, Ares, Doctor Poison, Doctor Cyber, Veronica Cale, and now Circe... All I've been craving for the Wonder Woman series is someone to come on and revitalize her existing rogues, and Rucka is taking on that task. So happy!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm almost certain it's just her civilian disguise she uses to mingle with the likes of Cale. Her New 52 look was back in the Trinity cover, so who knows...

But can I just say... it's amazing that we have had almost a decade of writers who weren't willing to write WW's rogues (or at least, write them well), and here Rucka is unleashing the gauntlet of Wonder Rogues. Cheetah, Ares, Doctor Poison, Doctor Cyber, Veronica Cale, and now Circe... All I've been craving for the Wonder Woman series is someone to come on and revitalize her existing rogues, and Rucka is taking on that task. So happy!
    Seriously. If Rucka wants to make me deliriously happy, all he has to do is introduce a re-vamped and extremely kickass Queen Clea, and I may just fall over dead!

And good point about her look. Yeah, if she's interacting with the regular world, I suppose she may see wisdom in toning down her look.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

We're getting Dr. Psycho too. Giganta better be showing up at some point, because God knows the poor woman needs some TLC.

It seems that Cale, who Rucka may be trying to push as the "arch nemesis", is having difficulty controlling Circe, may possibly be being manipulated herself by Ares, and has an interest in Cheetah/Urzkartaga that will probably not lead to anything good. Be funny if the Big 3 all end up biting her in the ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because we got Dr. Cyber last issue.
    We did? You mean Adriana, the golden woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Seriously. If Rucka wants to make me deliriously happy, all he has to do is introduce a re-vamped and extremely kickass Queen Clea, and I may just fall over dead!
    What I wouldn't do for a Rucka-written Clea...

Quote Originally Posted by username_ View Post
    We did? You mean Adriana, the golden woman?
    Oops, I meant "last issue" as in the Godwatch issue solicited before this one. I think #18.

Though I do think Adrianna is indeed Dr. Cyber. She's referred to as a "ghost in the machine." Does she have a body? Will she make one and give herself that cool metal mask? I think that may be my most anticipated issue.

Mighty Member

Bilquis Evely, she's taking over from Nicola Scott
    It may just be a temporary outfit while she's operating in our world while working with Godwatch. I'd like it in that context, but hope we get some other looks for her in her "goddess" aspect.

Maru and her squad have multiple outfits too after all.

Bliquis Evely, who drew the Year One interlude issue about Minerva. So Sharp's Circe may end up looking entirely different.

I wondered why the art style looked so familiar. Thanks

Circe! Wooo! I was expecting Rucka to touch on her again at some point, but not amidst the Godwatch storyline, so looking forward to seeing how he handles her now .

I agree that her outfit is a tad generic for Circe, but I do like the idea that it's just her civilian outfit while she's in the mortal world and that we'll see her go full-on Circe later into the arc. Interesting that she's still a redhead...

So Cale's not actually in charge of Godwatch? Is it some kind of equal collective or something?

I wonder if we're finally going to see what caused "The Lies," and if it was spurred on by the decision Diana made in issue #21? Did the God's create a fake Themyscira to save the Amazons from Godwatch? Or to hide them after Diana revealed it's location to save her sister's?

BANNED

Oops, I meant "last issue" as in the Godwatch issue solicited before this one. I think #18.

Though I do think Adrianna is indeed Dr. Cyber. She's referred to as a "ghost in the machine." Does she have a body? Will she make one and give herself that cool metal mask? I think that may be my most anticipated issue.
    Yeah I think she's a hologram, I kinda took it that Adriana was the Jarvis to Veronica Cale's Iron Man, something along those lines
    Last edited by username_; 01-17-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Cale's not actually in charge of Godwatch? Is it some kind of equal collective or something?
    The equal collective sounds more feasible. Cale would probably think she's in charge, but I can't imagine Circe or (if he's involved) Dr. Psycho would be even remotely easy to control.

Yeah I think she's a hologram, I kinda took it that Adriana was the Jarvis to Tony Stark's Veronica Cale, something along those lines
    Maybe a Jarvis/Ultron sort of thing where she rebels against her creator and has her own agenda?