Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 184
  1. #136
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    But not even Ares can withstand Wonder Woman's signature technique!
    Yeah sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire

  2. #137
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would rather have Wonder Woman front and center than a bunch of immortal mafia characters with an overabundance of personality.

    Spooky is exciting, if you have a good imagination
    She might be front and center but what's the point when you have bland or non-existing personality.

    Being spooked for nothing, equivalent to seeing a spooky shadow but turn on a light and it's just a coat on a coat hanger. This is basically what it's been so far, hyped up for nothing with diluted conclusions and bland characters.

  3. #138
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    LOL. Quote of the month!

    And hey, Captain Kirk agrees with you

    One of my very favorite Original Series episodes! That could've easily been an episode for the Wonder Woman TV show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    But not even Ares can withstand Wonder Woman's signature technique!
    Yep. As far as I'm concerned, violence should never be the way to defeat Ares.

    Another analogy is saying that it's like trying to beat Superman with a yellow sun generator. If a character gains power from a given thing, then that given thing should NOT be a valid weapon against him/her. Using yellow sunlight against Superman? Futile. Using water as a weapon against Aquaman? Futile, unless you're somehow drawing the water OUT of him. Violence against Ares? Futile, without some special circumstances, such as a god-killing weapon or perhaps the backing of another War God.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  4. #139
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    She might be front and center but what's the point when you have bland or non-existing personality.
    None I suppose, but since that isn't the case here I an unconcerned

    Being spooked for nothing, equivalent to seeing a spooky shadow but turn on a light and it's just a coat on a coat hanger. This is basically what it's been so far, hyped up for nothing with diluted conclusions and bland characters.
    A big black tree that has never been there before appears and then disappears, and then reappears again when everything is wrong. That's weird. I've seen Poltergeist and Spielberg did a wonderful job showing the threat of a tree just being a tree.

    Nothing bland about Diana.

    Or Steve's chest
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  5. #140
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    She might be front and center but what's the point when you have bland or non-existing personality.
    As far as the present day is concerned (where she's older and more experienced), it's the same personality she had under Azzarello. So if you don't like her here, you didn't like here there either.

  6. #141
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    None I suppose, but since that isn't the case here I an unconcerned



    A big black tree that has never been there before appears and then disappears, and then reappears again when everything is wrong. That's weird. I've seen Poltergeist and Spielberg did a wonderful job showing the threat of a tree just being a tree.

    Nothing bland about Diana.

    Or Steve's chest
    Don't care for a character who has to take off his shirt for nothing every or every other issue. That's actually unappealing and seems more deperate seeking attention for the character that offers nothing else. Diana hasn't done anything memorable or that stands out in 14 issues.

    "Everything is wrong," all of a sudden to retcon an entire run, part of the character with contradictions and plotholes. Blah, should've just ignored new 52 and rebooted completely which this is anyway a reboot no matter how you spin it.

  7. #142
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,046

    Default

    It is kinda a funny double-standard. I think they've found a reason to make Steve shirtless in every single issue of this arc. I personally am not bothered by it, but neither am I bothered by Diana showing lots of skin, so at least I'm consistent.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  8. #143
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    As far as the present day is concerned (where she's older and more experienced), it's the same personality she had under Azzarello. So if you don't like her here, you didn't like here there either.
    No her present day characterization and personality is definitely not the same. And didn't she jump from 23 to 28 in what...a month. Experienced in what though? She doesn't know love, she doesnt know who she is, why is she even Wonder Woman and she's about to be locked up in an institute. At least with any part of new52, Diana made it clear she knew who she was within herself no matter what. Not this contrived nonsense of someone convinietly screwing with her head because the lasso was broke.

  9. #144
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Don't care for a character who has to take off his shirt for nothing every or every other issue. That's actually unappealing and seems more deperate seeking attention for the character that offers nothing else. Diana hasn't done anything memorable or that stands out in 14 issues.

    "Everything is wrong," all of a sudden to retcon an entire run, part of the character with contradictions and plotholes. Blah, should've just ignored new 52 and rebooted completely which this is anyway a reboot no matter how you spin it.

    You say you have a problem with Steve being shirtless often. Did you also have a problem with Strife waltzing around in her uber-revealing dress or the First Born walking around shirtless in Azzarello's run?
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  10. #145
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    No her present day characterization and personality is definitely not the same. And didn't she jump from 23 to 28 in what...a month. Experienced in what though? She doesn't know love, she doesnt know who she is, why is she even Wonder Woman and she's about to be locked up in an institute. At least with any part of new52, Diana made it clear she knew who she was within herself no matter what. Not this contrived nonsense of someone convinietly screwing with her head because the lasso was broke.

    Yet in Azzarello's run, Diana believed she was made from clay for decades only to find out that she was lied to.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  11. #146
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You say you have a problem with Steve being shirtless often. Did you also have a problem with Strife waltzing around in her uber-revealing dress or the First Born walking around shirtless in Azzarello's run?
    I have a problem with it because it annoying to purposely do it, just to get attention to a character because it's nothing else he can offer. Strifes dress wasn't uber-revealing, it was just a design and was without attention seeking, also with first born. Characters can be shirtless but do it when it's necessary not because the character needs attention.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.

  12. #147
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yet in Azzarello's run, Diana believed she was made from clay for decades only to find out that she was lied to.
    She believed she was made of clay because Hippolyta had an affair with Zeus and she wanted to protect Diana from Hera.

  13. #148
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    No her present day characterization and personality is definitely not the same. And didn't she jump from 23 to 28 in what...a month. Experienced in what though? She doesn't know love, she doesnt know who she is, why is she even Wonder Woman and she's about to be locked up in an institute. At least with any part of new52, Diana made it clear she knew who she was within herself no matter what. Not this contrived nonsense of someone convinietly screwing with her head because the lasso was broke.
    She didn't know she was Zeus's daughter and thought she was clay before hand, and there were plenty of things about Amazon culture she didn't know about in the New 52. She made it from 23 to 28 because as Wally West realized, years were stolen from the DC universe and there being worked back in.

    A person can have trouble with romantic relationships and still know love (multiple forms of love exist, and nowhere did she say she was alien to to emotion period), and I don't even know what "she doesn't know why she's Wonder Woman" even means. Here compassion and intellect resolved the Urzkartaga situation, while still kicking the asses of the Bouda, so no difference at all there.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I have a problem with it because it annoying to purposely do it, just to get attention to a character because it's nothing else he can offer. Strifes dress wasn't uber-revealing, it was just a design and was without attention seeking, also with first born. Characters can be shirtless but do it when it's necessary not because the character needs attention.
    It's not a way to get attention just for his character. The comics industry is notorious for catering to the male gaze. Which is fine, but it's too heavily skewed that way. It helps make things more equal. Fanservice is great, but cater to everyone and provide something for the female/gay male fans to lust after.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.

  14. #149
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She didn't know she was Zeus's daughter and thought she was clay before hand, and there were plenty of things about Amazon culture she didn't know about in the New 52. She made it from 23 to 28 because as Wally West realized, years were stolen from the DC universe and there being worked back in.

    A person can have trouble with romantic relationships and still know love (multiple forms of love exist, and nowhere did she say she was alien to to emotion period), and I don't even know what "she doesn't know why she's Wonder Woman" even means. Here compassion and intellect resolved the Urzkartaga situation, while still kicking the asses of the Bouda, so no difference at all there.
    The time jump is a convulted mess period, contradicting things to make other things fit.
    Sure you can have romantic trouble, that's what being in a relationship consist of. Going through ups and downs, learn and grow. But how can you all of a sudden say you don't know romance when you stuck with a guy for 5 years, fought through everything you went through with him, even thought to have his kids and marry him, and was right there when he died. Not even 6 months later belittle everything? No, that's not love in anyway, not even for a friend.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-16-2017 at 04:47 PM.

  15. #150
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post


    It's not a way to get attention just for his character. The comics industry is notorious for catering to the male gaze. Which is fine, but it's too heavily skewed that way. It helps make things more equal. Fanservice is great, but cater to everyone and provide something for the female/gay male fans to lust after.
    That's understandable for equality. But every issue even with female characters is unappealing, annoying, and not needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •