Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Really enjoyed it and it's a huge relief that Monet didn't die.

Rachel a glorified cameo but everything else was stellar. Bunn's really made me invest in Creed in this run and seeing him develop throughout has been a fun ride, with a great ending to said ride. I like that it remains shades of grey and we aren't returning to Creed's totally unsympathetic pre-Inversion state. Interested to see where Monet's story goes in RessureXion, her becoming more antagonistic certainly helps explain her being missing from relaunch rosters so I'm hoping she crops up as either a villain or as part of a book's supporting cast (Weapon X looking like the best place for this).

The one thing that does disappoint me about the issue is not in the issue itself but rather in the set-up. Due to the nature of the tie-ins, we're not getting a final story arc but a bunch of one-shots to wrap things up. These have been great issues but I feel they pale in comparison to the series' bigger arcs. It also gives the run (as a whole) a bit of an odd rhythm, where it goes from what seemed to be a five issue arc standard, down to four and then into one-offs. I don't think this is explicitly an issue with Bunn's writing, instead it feels like a caveat of not only IvX but the coming relaunch also.

I really miss the team and their dynamics; in the span of 19 issues they'll have operated together in roughly 10. With them often splitting into pairs we get deeper relationships between certain characters and very shallow ones between others. I'm sure this would not have been the case had Bunn had more time, but, alas, that's not how comics seem to work these days (or ever really, maybe the X-Men should switch into prose). Regardless we still only see the team work, as a unit, in the opening arc and then in a smaller capacity later in the Hellfire/Exodus arc. A-Wars spent so much time with a split group that now the group is split again (in the IvX tie-ins) we're getting a series that feels much more like an anthology series rather than a team book. As such I find the team to be one of the series' greatest strengths and one of it's weakest, we're given a great X-Team but far too little time to spend with them and just enjoy the interactions.

That's a lot of moaning considering how much i love not only this issue but the series as a whole. Importantly that moaning is almost entirely out of my love for the series and lamenting how certain facets turned out and, whilst I am somewhat disappointed by some of the series' shortcomings, is not indicative of a bitterness or anger I feel about this series. Two (?) issues remain and I'm very excited for them, but can't stop my mind from processing this issue as a "wrapping up" and finale of sorts to certain (major) parts of the series, hence my perspective in this comment.

Unglaublich!

I'll say this: best issue of Uncanny X-Men (or any X-title) in many years!!

I'm really gonna be sad to see this title, and this roster, come to an end...

BANNED

Pretty good issue for a Sabretooth focus..Monet is killing and something is gonna have to be done about it.

I loved this issue and this series more importantly. It'll be another great loss due to a status quo shake up. At some point Marvel has to realize that they get a much better story if they don't rush through a series for another crossover and status quo shift. Same thing happened to Gillen's run and both were building on great ideas and characterizations. This will be sorely missed.

Ultimate Member

Here's hoping that M's story doesn't continue on with her being possessed, unless she's freed from it and joins the blue team, otherwise I'm hoping that she has some atoning to do afterwards and is humbled by her failings...

Bunn hits it out of the park once again. Really had wondered if Monet was going to die or not by the end of the issue, did not see the end twist coming though, but I guess I should have. Monet/Sabretooth and Psylocke/Magneto pairings interactions have been the highlight of this book, going to be sad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Since the beginning of this Uncanny run, there's been allusions to the terrible personal loses Monet suffered at the hands of the Terrigen Mists. Dialogue in this issue makes clear it's just Madrox. Not family or loved ones, just her ex-boss/guy whose dupe one night standed her once.

Say what you want about Xavier's death in AvX (I certainly have) but there was SOME sense how he worked as a martyr.
    I think it was prime madrox who one night standed her. The dupe slept with Banshee, which is why Madrox absorved her baby. I miss X-Factor

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

havent read it but already against it because IVX itself is bad. will give opinnion as soon as i read it
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think it was prime madrox who one night standed her. The dupe slept with Banshee, which is why Madrox absorved her baby. I miss X-Factor
    That was a terrible storyline made simply to make Jamie look good though I don't remember M being that terribly close to Jamie, sure he's a friend but not a good friend, after all M "made" herself a good friend of Siryn...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That was a terrible storyline made simply to make Jamie look good though I don't remember M being that terribly close to Jamie, sure he's a friend but not a good friend, after all M "made" herself a good friend of Siryn...
    That x-factor story was a great and one of the best cliffhangers ever

Ultimate Member

To each his/her own, though that whole storyline was about Jamie, Terry got very little to nothing from it except more heartbreak with Jamie directly as the cause...

This issue was fantastic! I don't care much for Sabretooth and none of his actions as an ''X-man'' will ever erase the things he's done in the past ,but this issue allowed him to grow a lot. I think him still being inverted for so long while Tony and Havok have reverted( Though I don't think Havok's inversion was confirmed to having worn off right? ) is because he was holding on to this version of himself, because he wanted it to be real for as long as it could be. Now that it is wearing off he has to make the effort to go against his very nature if he wants to change, and this could be an interesting plot line to explore in Weapon X.

Overall, the only characters who I felt that did not get developed much in this run were Archangel and Monet. I hope they show up somewhere after the dust from Ressurexion settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Warund View Post
    Overall, the only characters who I felt that did not get developed much in this run were Archangel and Monet. I hope they show up somewhere after the dust from Ressurexion settles.
    Bunn said there was an Archangel-centric issue to come. I'm greatly looking forward to that.
    I love how Bunn is effectively using IvX to do these one shots meaningfully featuring his X-cast while also adding to the overall crossover. Proof that crossovers don't necessarily have to completely derail your plans if you incorporate your plots and plans effectively into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bunn said there was an Archangel-centric issue to come. I'm greatly looking forward to that.
    I love how Bunn is effectively using IvX to do these one shots meaningfully featuring his X-cast while also adding to the overall crossover. Proof that crossovers don't necessarily have to completely derail your plans if you incorporate your plots and plans effectively into them.
    Really? I didn't know that! Thank you for sharing, now I'm looking forward to it too. I feel like Warren must be a very hard character to write, much like Iceman, because they have been around since the beginning and they still don't have a lot of defining character moments and focus. Getting an issue mostly to himself will definitely help with that.

And yes! I've enjoyed so many character moments from this run. From Psylocke reflecting on her focused totality obsession to Mystique now having a chance to try things differently, Bunn has been able to make this terrible terrigen mist storyline work,for the most part.