Default Defender series with Netflix cast announced.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Not a surprise.

Beat me by a minute!

Yeah, I don't think this surprised anyone. Disappointed it's Bendis though. Honestly the only thing that could've gotten me to not buy this book.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Knew it was coming since they announced the series to begin with.
    Seeing them together in the last issue of CW2 reinforced that. And seeing how Bendis actually can write street level heroes, had a pretty good Daredevil run, created Jessica, and helped make Luke a major figure in the MU; maybe this won't be completely terrible?bMaybe? Hopefully? No? Oh god it's gonna suck!
    IT'S GONNA SUCK WORSE THEN HIS GUARDIANS RUN!
    SHOOT ME! SHOOT ME NOW!!!
    Last edited by Agronac919; 01-11-2017 at 11:17 AM.

I'll wait and see with this one
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Beat me by a minute!

Yeah, I don't think this surprised anyone. Disappointed it's Bendis though. Honestly the only thing that could've gotten me to not buy this book.
    Well, Bendis created Jessica, is writing her current book and everyone seems to think his Daredevil run was actually good. And the art will be great. I just wish they had added other characters from Netflix shows, like maybe Elektra, Hellcat, Misty Knight...

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Well, Bendis created Jessica, is writing her current book and everyone seems to think his Daredevil run was actually good. And the art will be great. I just wish they had added other characters from Netflix shows, like maybe Elektra, Hellcat, Misty Knight...
    If this happens it would a mix between Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes For Hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If this happens it would a mix between Daughters of the Dragon and Heroes For Hire.
    Well, it's already a lot like Heroes For Hire and nothing like the original Defenders.

Elektra has her own book anyway. Won't be surprised if Patsy becomes a sort of Sixth Ranger, especially if her own book is finishing. Wouldn't be surprised to see Misty involved either, she popped up in Jessica Jones today.

BANNED

Stoked as hell. Been waiting for this since the end of New Avengers.

Bring it, Bendis! Bring it!!

I think this is literally the perfect book for Bendis to write. He created Jessica Jones and wrote one of the best Daredevil runs in history.

Some would disagree with me on this, but I'd say he wrote a pretty good Luke Cage too.

This book is perfectly in his wheelhouse.

Extraordinary Member

If there are any characters that Bendis can write its these four.

This is worth it just to have a Bendis-written Daredevil again.

Hellcat and Misty NEED to be part of this team. Patsy has the added bonus of actually having pretty strong ties to classic Defenders.

Hrrh...on the one hand...it's Bendis.

On the other hand, these are characters he has a lot of experience writing, cares about, and generally has a good handle on them.

On the one hand, it's Bendis on a team book.

On the other hand, it's Bendis on a street-level team book, and street-level is probably the only type of book he can really write well.

There's also Marquez and a roster of heroes I all like, so I guess I'll give it a shot and hope for the best. At worst we're probably just in for another New Avengers (which is basically what this Defenders team feels like to me).

I can at least hope that, despite this being a street-crime book, Black Cat doesn't show up .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hellcat and Misty NEED to be part of this team. Patsy has the added bonus of actually having pretty strong ties to classic Defenders.
    I would say besides the four from the show (Daredevil, Luke, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones), I do think that Patsy Walker, Colleen Wing, Misty Knight (but I think Spencer has her locked in Sam Wilson's book), Moon Knight, the original Earth 616 Kyle Richmond and Jessica Drew or Mockingbird. I thought he wrote them well in his New Avengers series after Secret Invasion and Moon Knight's brief solo series.
    If Bendis can get his hands on Moon Knight and have him deal with something other than his mental issues (which is all his solo book seems to focus on) I would read this book.