Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Bendis & Marquez Launch Defenders in 2017

To the surprise of no one, Bendis will be writing the Defenders ongoing title alongside art by Dave Marquez

Thoughts?

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-...R-TW&view=list
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    To the surprise of no one, Bendis will be writing the Defenders ongoing title alongside art by Dave Marquez

Thoughts?

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-...R-TW&view=list
    The art it beautiful, the fact they are doing this taking advantage of the Netflix´s TV series, not a surprise.

For me, the Defenders will be always Strange, Valkyrie, Hulk, Nighthawk, Silver Surfer and Namor, this is just a Street Level Avengers or a new kind of book like Heroes For Hire.

If Daredevil wasn't there, it WOULD be Heroes for Hire.

Street Level Avengers all over again...

The MCU has redefined the Defenders. We will probably never see that old non-team again.

So what? They were as old hat as the original Champions anyway - the most recent version of the Defenders was an all female group, also nothing to do with the classic lineup. If the original lineup did reunite, they'd probably just use some sort of Avengers sub-brand nowadays.

I'm surprised this has only been announced now

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Daredevil wasn't there, it WOULD be Heroes for Hire.
    Don't care what anybody says, this team IS Heroes for Hire. Hell don't know why Daredevil never joined the team to begin with considering he was a lawyer that actively went out to prove his clients innocence.

Are they going to turn Power Man and Iron Fist into just Powerman? Otherwise it's very conspicuous that of the four only Luke won't have a solo title.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Don't care what anybody says, this team IS Heroes for Hire. Hell don't know why Daredevil never joined the team to begin with considering he was a lawyer that actively went out to prove his clients innocence.
    I always thought PM&IF, Daughters of the Dragon, Jessica Jones, Madrox, Ant-Man II, and Daredevil would make a fun H4H lineup. I'd like to see it as done-in-ones that just focus 2-3 characters from that lineup of 8 working a case, possibly all linked to a larger story.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That's fine for me Bendis knows how to deal with street level heroes.

I'll probably give the tv show a shot, but i'm not really interested in reading a street level epic of "godfather-esque" proportions. I'm not sure about this one.

It's weird, Bendis normally sucks at team books, but he has almost those characters quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Are they going to turn Power Man and Iron Fist into just Powerman? Otherwise it's very conspicuous that of the four only Luke won't have a solo title.
    It definitely looks like curtains for PM&IF after the Alex's new Pride storyline is done (any loose ends there could be tied up in an All-New Runaways book). I'd be surprised if there wasn't a new Luke Cage solo to replace it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Art will be beautiful because of Marquez. Story itself will probably be typical Bendis so you'll either love it or hate it LOL. Could be awesome.