Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think Steve still cares about Sharon but he also knows she'd be a useful pawn to him if she became director of S.H.I.E.L.D.. As for where Nomad is, I'm not sure - I was actually wondering that myself. I've forgotten when his last appearance was.

And yeah, Zemo wouldn't have any recollection seeing as these are not memories of actual events, just implants.

Also, just to mention - Spencer has tweeted that the planetary shield is going to be a very big deal going forward. Not just to the Cap book but to the MU as a whole. And also that the Chitauri wave absolutely IS bigger than the Annihilation wave.
    If all those flashbacks of Steve being friends with Zemo are only in Steves head, it's going to be embarrassing if Steve hugs out Zemo saying, "Buddy, so glad to see you", and Zemo snubs him because he doesn't have the same memories.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Honestly this defense shield plan is worse then the prison. She should be fired just for pursuing it.
    It's the Superhero Registration Act all over again. SHIELD would hold the keys to leaving Earth's atmosphere by any means and dealing with any threat outside it. Every teleporter, cosmic or magical hero either has to work with SHIELD or not at all. And SHIELD is soooo reliable, not like they have a enormous history of getting infiltrated.
    I never thought of that. At first I thought it was a good idea, because you'd theoretically keep out any force entering the planet, but now that you mention the X-Men can't leave any time they want, I see the disadvantages there.

By the way, if such a force field was effective, I'd think the other Alien races already had one. The closest one I saw was when Black Bolt and the Inhumans came to the Kree home world and had to get past their planet blocker, which they did, and BB took over the Kree. Is Hills Shield better than the Kree? If not, it's going to useless. Black Bolt is on Earth, and so is Maximus, and they had that Red Shield for years to keep out humans.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's easy enough for him to come back from this, because he was changed by a cosmic cube. It's not really his fault.

I'm sure there will be a lot of emotional baggage when he returns to normal, but he's a victim here too.
    Yeah but people do forget that and I have no faith that Spencer will portray it that way it that way either to remind them Steve is a victim here. None of this is Steve's choice, it isn't even really Steve Rogers. It's Kobik created character brought to life, it's like some sort of twisted fanfic when you think about it. He IS a victim, a huge victim but I don't have any faith that it will be portrayed that way if they ever bring the REAL Steve Rogers back.

Right now it looks like they don't have any plans to bring the real guy back anyway but if they do, given Spencer's total lack of interest in him, I don't imagine he'll do any justice to the injustice that has been done to Steve Rogers by these events.

Certainly, if Hills Planet Shield is approved, it will stop Steves Chitari Alien invasion plan.
    Will it? I could have read it wrong but I thought Steve had Chitauri growing secretly on the earth, which would mean a lot of them would already be on "the inside" and it would make Hill's shield look like a failure because somehow the aliens got through anyway.
    Last edited by Alpha Storm; 01-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    She should be fired and prosecuted for Pleasant Hill: the implications of using a cosmic cube to change reality and people life are far worse than an Inhuman who can see a possible future. But the Shield ? In a world were aliens want to destroy earth and attack every days, it's the best idea ever.
    I applaud Hill for Pleasant Hill. At least she tried to do something about the endless super villain rematches. Maria did something useful with a cosmic cube, not like all the bad guys who wanted selfish stuff, Maria turned the cosmic cube back on the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I applaud Hill for Pleasant Hill. At least she tried to do something about the endless super villain rematches. Maria did something useful with a cosmic cube, not like all the bad guys who wanted selfish stuff, Maria turned the cosmic cube back on the bad guys.
    While I can't agree with what Hill did legally or ethically, I can't entirely fault her either. She's trying and that's something. It'seems gotta be frustrating given the revolving door the MU prison system seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would actually be the perfect resolution, but to complicate it a bit, people would still have memories of what was changed by Kobik and the actions resulting from those changes, so Steve wouldn't be completely out of the woods. Then again, some other people wouldn't be totally out of the woods, either; I could see Rhodey and Banner calling out their comrades and loved ones for what happened to them and what they did in Civil War II. I mean, Banner was killed on the word of a vision that turned out to have been manipulated by HYDRA Steve, and Rhodey was basically the excuse for Tony and Carol to rip each other apart and do horrible things to one another and others, so they wouldn't just let that go so easily. Even if Steve is largely absolved because he literally wasn't the same person he usually is, I could see him holding a severe amount of guilt for the actions he undertook when altered by Kobik and the impact they had on the world, on the people closest to him, and on the people who trusted, admired, and respected him.
    I can see Steve being proud of what he did as Captain Hydra. He hasn't done anything he is ashamed of as far as I can read Steve Rogers. His values are a little warped, but it's still all Steve. He is basically that same good man, it's just that politically, he has altered his stance. It may be Captain Hydra represents the closest thing to Steves political leanings? After all Tony Stark represents capitalism, and I'm not sure Steve totally supports that. He may support the free enterprise part, but Steve may have a more softened stance on capitalism than the bullish approach of a Tony Stark. I think it's a dividing line between Stark and Rogers that we haven't yet accepted exists between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    People applauded Staline, Hitler, Mussolini, Caligula... When people are affraid, they can applaud everybody who give them a false sense of security.
    I don't think Maria Hill is any of those guys. This is the Marvel Universe, after all, not your little kindergarten playground the real Earth. This is loaded with enormous super powerful threats popping up everywhere all the time. Pleasant Hill is a humane solution to that. I'd rather see Thanos selling flowers than using a cosmic cube for whatever he does with it. You're pointing the finger at the wrong person in Maria Hill. There are plenty of despots in the MU already. Why don't you pick on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    Yeah but people do forget that and I have no faith that Spencer will portray it that way it that way either to remind them Steve is a victim here. None of this is Steve's choice, it isn't even really Steve Rogers. It's Kobik created character brought to life, it's like some sort of twisted fanfic when you think about it. He IS a victim, a huge victim but I don't have any faith that it will be portrayed that way if they ever bring the REAL Steve Rogers back.

Right now it looks like they don't have any plans to bring the real guy back anyway but if they do, given Spencer's total lack of interest in him, I don't imagine he'll do any justice to the injustice that has been done to Steve Rogers by these events.

Will it? I could have read it wrong but I thought Steve had Chitauri growing secretly on the earth, which would mean a lot of them would already be on "the inside" and it would make Hill's shield look like a failure because somehow the aliens got through anyway.
    Those pods didn't amount to many Aliens. Just a farm full. If Steve had Chitauri tech to go with the Aliens, then you have a threat, but as far as what is on a Earth, it's nothing.

It's the Superhero Registration Act all over again. SHIELD would hold the keys to leaving Earth's atmosphere by any means and dealing with any threat outside it. Every teleporter, cosmic or magical hero either has to work with SHIELD or not at all. And SHIELD is soooo reliable, not like they have a enormous history of getting infiltrated.
    True, I can see it exploding in their faces in many ways but let's face it it's a tempting offer considering what the citizens of the marvel universe have suffered from invasions and threats from space.

I would trust this plan if the Steve we knew was in charge of Shield and not Hill or the Hydra Cap.

Amazing Member

lol I can't believe there are people in this thread actually trying to push a dismantled Buzzfeed article as some kind legitimate discussion point

Lol fake news has just wrapped you guys around its finger wholesale and you'll willingly gobble it UK because you want it to be true. Sad times were living in.

By the way, if such a force field was effective, I'd think the other Alien races already had one. The closest one I saw was when Black Bolt and the Inhumans came to the Kree home world and had to get past their planet blocker, which they did, and BB took over the Kree. Is Hills Shield better than the Kree? If not, it's going to useless. Black Bolt is on Earth, and so is Maximus, and they had that Red Shield for years to keep out humans.
    Ultron and his Phalanx created an even better force field around the Kree Empire that was fuelled by the Kree themselves!

I think they are chasing Kobik for a reason, and it is not about respecting her sentience.

Astonishing Member

Something just occurred to me from reading the following quotes........

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    Those pods didn't amount to many Aliens. Just a farm full. If Steve had Chitauri tech to go with the Aliens, then you have a threat, but as far as what is on a Earth, it's nothing.
    Now, I don't know how many are currently following the T-BOLTS Series; but within Issues #2 & #3, is it possible that the Alien Pods (that were exposed to Terrigen and later destroyed) were Chitauri....?!?

I could be mistaken, but you can never know....

Quote Originally Posted by America View Post
    lol I can't believe there are people in this thread actually trying to push a dismantled Buzzfeed article as some kind legitimate discussion point

Lol fake news has just wrapped you guys around its finger wholesale and you'll willingly gobble it UK because you want it to be true. Sad times were living in.
    what are you even talking about?

If all those flashbacks of Steve being friends with Zemo are only in Steves head, it's going to be embarrassing if Steve hugs out Zemo saying, "Buddy, so glad to see you", and Zemo snubs him because he doesn't have the same memories.
    See, this is the thing I just don't get. If it's only memory alteration then it's odd that the flashbacks reveal conversations and events Steve's never been part of. I also find it somewhat odd that they are given so much page time. The flashbacks are frequent and quite extensive and that's a lot of real estate if they're only there to inform us of Steve's inner motives. It would make more sense if it was a reality alteration since the flashbacks then flesh out the details of a new continuity. That on the other hand seems too big, with other consequences.

Feels like I'm missing something here, anyone else have any insights?