Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Spider-Man #12 SPOILERS

Okay, it was a pretty good issue (LOVE that kiss!) but I'm super ticked that Gwen didn't actually show up until the last page (not counting the first page in a flashback scene). Freaking Marvel. What a disappointment.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

How does Maria Hill still have a job ?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is taking place before the trail of Maria hill even so I think she'll still have a very active role in the comics and more so with secret empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think this is taking place before the trail of Maria hill even so I think she'll still have a very active role in the comics and more so with secret empire.
    My question stands .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Her good looks?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Her good looks?
    Well, I think Hill is attractive, but with her personality and long list of failures I'd be surprised if that's what's keeping her employed at SHIELD .

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Well, I think Hill is attractive, but with her personality and long list of failures I'd be surprised if that's what's keeping her employed at SHIELD .
    Maybe because bendis created her like marvel would never seriously throw Maria hill in prison or have her not be the director of shield like we all know she'll be director again after secret empire ends.

But as of now she's just demoted to a shield agent and is no longer director of shield.

So I think simply she still has a job and continuously appears in comics because she's a bendis creation.

this book isn't bad at all... btu I also can't think back to anyting that happened before CWII stuff... like... who were the rogues pre CWII lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this book isn't bad at all... btu I also can't think back to anyting that happened before CWII stuff... like... who were the rogues pre CWII lol.
    Blackheart, Black Cat, and Hammerhead?

Oh and those assorted random villains he fought with Bombshell in that one montage...

My question stands .
    all explained by Henry Peter Gyrich not only still finding work but getting a promotion here and there. as a reminder, he mind-controlled assassins to kill civilians.

I like what Bendis did with Earth-65 Ringer. Was not expecting that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    all explained by Henry Peter Gyrich not only still finding work but getting a promotion here and there. as a reminder, he mind-controlled assassins to kill civilians.
    You're right, Hill is basically a female Gyrich. The only question is who's worse .

It was meh.

Reminds me why I grew bored with Bendis' writing.

I'm a Spider-Gwen fan and I follow her and her series and got this issue because of the crossover (unlike Spider-Women crossover where I was already pulling all three series and enjoy it). I did read a few issues of the Avengers series (read that for Ms Marvel really whom I'm a big fan of) but grew to like both Spider-man/Miles and Nova/Sam from there and really enjoying the Champions series alot thus I do like Miles and have the basics about him covered for the most part.
    The art in the issue was wonderful (Spider-Woman/Gwen was only in the first and last page but i did love the art and coloring done on her from the talented artist and just now how much I see the two costumes contrast from coloring and even design with where the front triangle part forms on the costume. Being a Spider-Gwen fan I was sad to only see her in two pages in this issue however I understand there was much to cover and it's Miles series. In the upcoming Spider-Gwen issue I sure Gwen will have more time and her own mindset but will probably only go over the basics of her life for the Mile readers jumping on for this crossover then find Miles who will explain to her why he's there (so the people who buy's Spider-Gwen's tradebook will get the 101 on what is happening also). Overall I expect for the first two issues alot of exposition for the readers only buying one series then more meat later.

Once Miles made the jump i did enjoy seeing the color palette change to resent Earth-65 but it seems mostly for the NYC skyline buildings. I also enjoying seeing the multiverse changes and putting the alternate/different in "Alternate" Earth (many times another Earth would just be a copy of 616 but one thing gone differently vs the whole wide changes one can find and just needing imagination and good story and developments to create and grow). Thus I found myself enjoying the most the last 1/3 of this issue the most.

Not the strongest start but with alot of exposition covered I'm hoping this arc will be able to take off and I can enjoy the ride and love both characters and story. Spider-Women crossover arc was fun and had a fantastic finish (with consequences and longer term problems for Gwen) and I hope the same for this crossover arc. I hope the Spider-Gwen readers will grow to like/love Miles and the Mile fans with grow to know and like/love Gwen (it's one of the biggest reasons and hopes for these crossover is for readers to discover a character they might not taken a chance on and finding they enjoy said character).