Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Lightbulb Your Views Of Abortion?

I am pro choice, meaning I support a woman's right to CHOOSE. I do not believe in people just having abortions for the sake of it, nor do I believe in not allowing people to have abortions. I believe it is a personal decision between a woman and her doctor. A baby will affect the woman's whole life. Many people state that women who have abortions are just irresponsible sluts, who need to face their consequences. They say, "Why should you punish a baby for your poor decisions by killing it?" Here's what I say: why should you punish a baby by bringing it into an undesirable situation? The reasons women have abortions vary by each woman. Not everyone is the same, and I believe in most abortion cases, it is just. It does not ONLY affect the woman and put her through hard times, it affects the baby, too. What if the woman cannot afford to have a child? What if the woman is mentally unfit? What if it's born into a terribly traumatic life? What if there are genetic burdens the child may have to deal with? Or what if the time just isn't right (for ANYONE)? The child could be raised in awful circumstances. "Then the woman should give the baby up for adoption," say the "prolife" enthusiasts. Many babies go unadopted. Many children go home to home, just trying to find somewhere they fit in. They grow up without parents, families, or anyone to love them. There are far too many circumstances to judge a person on their choice they've made. If a woman is raped, should she be forced to have that baby? What if she didn't even KNOW the father? There is no way to know if there are genetic monstrosities awaiting the child. By being "prolife", you are forcing a woman to change everything about her life and bring up a child in situations that may or may not be fit. This world is already overpopulated, and it can be a terrible place to grow up.

Maybe they just shouldn't have got pregnant. Maybe they shouldn't have been so careless and actually thought about their consequences. Or maybe accidents happen. Maybe condoms slip, birth control fails, and I've heard of many cases where men sabotage condoms to impregnate a woman. No, I don't believe women should just go wild and have unprotected sex in the streets, but what they do with their bodies is their business. I don't believe in abortion as a primary method of birth control--I doubt if hardly anyone does. But I DO believe in abortion in a time of need. Whether it is "right" or "wrong" is an incredibly grey area, and it is NO ONE else's business what a woman does.

Is this a trap?
    This is a trap, isn't it?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Pro Choice. A woman should be allowed to do as she pleases with her body. I'm more concerned about all of the kids who don't have families that no one seems to want to help.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Probably. ��
    Oh, man. I just...I hate this topic. Because this topic makes me hate people because I get to see what people REALLY think about women. And it's painful.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I believe it's a complicated issue that both sides are passionate about.

I believe women should have control of their own body. But I also believe all life is sacred. So yeah it's a complicated issue and weather a woman choses to have or abort a birth is up to her.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Anti-choice. On the issues the op brings to the table, I'd say would rather have lived a bad life than never had a life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Anti-choice. On the issues the op brings to the table, I'd say would rather have lived a bad life than never had a life at all.
    Well, then it is a damn good thing no one is killing babies once they are born.

Pro-Choice. I would hope a woman would have received enough sexual education and easy access to contraceptives so it wouldn't get to that point, but failing that it's her body.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Pro-Choice. I would hope a woman would have received enough sexual education and easy access to contraceptives so it wouldn't get to that point, but failing that it's her body.
    Because...women get themselves pregnant? But men have no responsibility for the possible outcome of sex?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Because...women get themselves pregnant? But men have no responsibility for the possible outcome of sex?
    Saying that one gender should take precautions does not mean the other gender has no responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Saying that one gender should take precaution does not mean the other gender has no responsibly.
    But only women were mentioned for having to take responsibility, in the post I was quoting, so that is why I quoted.

If the op meant both genders take responsibility, then perhaps that should have been stated?

Pro-choice because it is not my choice to make, nor does it affect me in any way.

Incredible Member

But only women were mentioned for having to take responsibility, in the post I was quoting, so that is why I quoted.

If the op meant both genders take responsibility, then perhaps that should have been stated?
    Abortion is woman centric topic.Therefore greater emphasis is placed on women's decisions since they'll be dealing with the result of thoses decisions.

Poor phrasing on my part. Since it's the woman's choice I phrased it 'I would hope a woman', but in reality I would hope both parties would be properly educated as that would naturally decrease a chance of an unwanted pregnancy.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Poor phrasing on my part. Since it's the woman's choice I phrased it 'I would hope a woman', but in reality I would hope both parties would be properly educated as that would naturally decrease a chance of an unwanted pregnancy.
    Thank you.