Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde?

Okay, I really need to know, is anyone else upset as well about Peter & Kitty breaking up, AGAIN, this time seemingly for good? The whole arc with their relationship was what got me into reading both the Star-Lord books and the new Guardians Of The Galaxy, as well as the Battleworld mini-series. I thought they were all really enjoyable to read, especially something like Out Of Orbit. I know it's comics so I should expect these things to change, I just hope all that development doesn't become a waste.
    And to know if anyone is in the same boat as me.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Not especially since it really wasn't that engaging... or that well written. It honestly just did not work for me in the slightest so breaking them up means really nothing to me.

If it worked for you though, that fine. I'm upset when creative teams or others decide to destroy or wreck something I enjoy myself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Not especially since it really wasn't that engaging... or that well written. It honestly just did not work for me in the slightest so breaking them up means really nothing to me.

If it worked for you though, that fine. I'm upset when creative teams or others decide to destroy or wreck something I enjoy myself.
    Pretty much this. There was no point to either of them being together to begin with so can't really say this bothers me, what does bother me is that it looks like they're making Star-Lord to be the one at fault for the relationship failing. At least that's the impression I get going off what I've read in his solo series. Can't wait to hear how they explain this one.

That's fair enough. I probably feel this way because they haven't given a reason for why it happened yet, so maybe within the last few issues they'll at least clarify why it happened, so it will be more satisfying than just dropping it for an unknown amount of time. I've also always loved Kitty Pryde as a character, but never cared for the X-Men themselves, so I liked splitting her off from them, and also enjoyed her banter with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Pretty much this. There was no point to either of them being together to begin with so can't really say this bothers me, what does bother me is that it looks like they're making Star-Lord to be the one at fault for the relationship failing. At least that's the impression I get going off what I've read in his solo series. Can't wait to hear how they explain this one.
    It's annoying because they already did this in "Out Of Orbit", in which it was both their faults. So I'm hoping for an understandable resolution at the very least. Since she's taking up the leadership role for the X-Men next, I could see that as the reason why they mutually decide to take a break, which would be a decent end.

BANNED

Star-Lord can do a HELL of a lot better than Kitty Prod. Good riddance to her.

You are looking at it the wrong way.

Bendis loves Kitty and has a lot of editorial freedom so he took her along when he started working with the guardians but now that he's leaving the team the editors and writers of the X-mens want Kitty back.

Usually use characters from other franchise requires a lot of patience and negotiation between writers and editors.

Want an example for the young Cyclops being in Champions the writer had to negotiate and hit the foot with Brevoort.

If it's any consolation in a little while they will have some romantic encounter, remember the old days, walk together for a while again and again separate as most couples between super heroes.

I know how this is boring. I love Logan and Storm but then BP appeared and then separated and returned and separated again and you know the rest.
    Last edited by Knives; 01-12-2017 at 05:38 AM.

BANNED

I don't mind because they never worked in the first place. It was worse than Iceman tbh. Besides Kitty's destined to end up with Rachel and/or Illyana.

I thought Kitty and Starlord were fun, and I think it's nice seeing her break away from her usual status quo to do something completely different.

But honestly I didn't think it would last. I sort of assumed it would only go as long as Bendis was handling the Guardians stuff and once he was nearing the end of his run he would end it and get her back to her normal status quo.

It was fun, and I liked them together. But I never thought for a minute that it would last.

They're just opening the door for that inevitable Kitty/Paste-Pot Pete pairing.

I do know about Bendis' love for Kitty Pryde, though wasn't Sam Humphries the one who actually did all the development on the relationship? He wrote both the Legendary Star-Lord and Star-Lord solo series, as well as the Black Vortex and Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde Battleworld mini-arc. Bendis in comparison, at least from my perspective, barely did anything other than just have them be together. Plus she was the only one of the Guardians who didn't get a solo issue or arc which was really odd.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I do know about Bendis' love for Kitty Pryde, though wasn't Sam Humphries the one who actually did all the development on the relationship? He wrote both the Legendary Star-Lord and Star-Lord solo series, as well as the Black Vortex and Star-Lord & Kitty Pryde Battleworld mini-arc. Bendis in comparison, at least from my perspective, barely did anything other than just have them be together. Plus she was the only one of the Guardians who didn't get a solo issue or arc which was really odd.
    Yeah, Bendis just randomly out of the blue established the two as being together at the tail end of The Trial of Jean Grey (they only had, like, one scene by themselves). Bendis did squat and left Humphries to do most of the heavy lifting and put the relationship on fast forward.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Kitty's destined to end up with Rachel and/or Illyana.
    LOL. I don't see any indication that Marvel are going to go in that direction as far as Kitty's love-life is concerned.

All-New Member

Well maybe Kitty and Spider-Man/Peter Parker will hookup at some point. And that only happen in the Ultimate Universe which Bendis wrote. Maybe it can happen in the main universe as well since Peter and Kitty rarely have any one on one with one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL. I don't see any indication that Marvel are going to go in that direction as far as Kitty's love-life is concerned.
    It'll happen eventually, as our lord and savior Chris Claremont intended.

Kitty and Rachel already got matching haircuts for ResurrXion too.