Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nieman View Post
    I would love to see Eli as well. And where the eff is Patriot, anyway? It's about time for his return...so someone needs to make use of him.
    I've been wondering that for a long time myself.

With that said, he'd be my second guess in regards to the new Cap (in fact, I think it would be a great way to bring him back). First is The Falcon.

This might actually get me to read Cap (as I am a big fan of The Falcon), as I heavily enjoyed Bucky-Cap and stopped reading when it became Steve again.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

Sounds stupid. All of the comics coming out of the two big companies are merely rehashing better drawn and written stories that were published 30 years ago! Come up with something new!!

He'll be back in time for Avengers 2

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'm glad it's Falcon. I can only hope the next writer and artist on Cap handles Sam's tenure as Cap with exciting stories and great characterization. Sam deserves it.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

i was wondering why there hadn't been more focus on Falcon since the Winter Soldier film came out.

Replacing Cap has become redundant just as him losing the formula has. At that this point it should be a part of his dna and his body should be reproducing it. The logic that it can just be sucked out means he would have burned it out his system years ago. I love the Falcon but Captain America he is not. The Falcon as a character is great. How about a story of him being the symbol of America instead of him just becoming the new Cap.

BANNED

Even I have to admit that haven't we done this already with Bucky Barnes.

I mean I know it's not the first time Marvel done this, but still...isn't it a bit...sort of Too Soon or not ?

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

It's gonna be good to see Sam in the limelight :-) #CAPFLAC

Amazing Member

Didn't the Streets of Poison arc cause Cap's SSS to be drained from his body with little to no effect? Furthermore doesn't later continuity state that the SSS is part of his DNA?

Also: it's been three years since Fear Itself, Cornette's Law has yet to expire on Cap losing his Shield and costume.

BANNED

Cyclops is on that promo image. If it's him I will lol SO much.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

So what our nickname for him be? Captain Falcon? American Eagle? Red, White, and Blue Jay?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So realistically whomever will take up the mantle will get two trades worth of stories (possibly 3 with Marvel's double shipping) before Steve comes back just in time for Avengers 2 next year.
    In fairness, with Evans being pretty clear about his intent to retire from the character in the not too distant future, it's not out of the realm of possibility to run this story concept in Captain America 3 as a perfect segue to a new actor for the franchise.

I'm cool with a Falcon as Cap, but I'm hoping it's Eli

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    In fairness, with Evans being pretty clear about his intent to retire from the character in the not too distant future, it's not out of the realm of possibility to run this story concept in Captain America 3 as a perfect segue to a new actor for the franchise.
    Evans' Rogers will die in Avengers 3 leading to Bucky becoming the next Captain America. Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal.

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    So what our nickname for him be? Captain Falcon? American Eagle? Red, White, and Blue Jay?
    I like Captain Falcon, FALCON PAWNCH!!!! I think sam will make a great captain america.