Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I can see one aspect of it in that they want to see Cap as sort of a Nick Fury office guy, but really repeats at marvel. The Thing is mad at Johnny and the FF might be breaking up, there is yet another new Captain America, at this point being Cap is like being an Avenger: everyone will have a chance. Nothing special about it anymore.

All-New Member

DEAR GOD

Not an other CAP KNOCK-OFF gimmick

Sorry only interested in Steve Rogers

Disney should make it illegal for Marvel to mess with Captain America

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can see one aspect of it in that they want to see Cap as sort of a Nick Fury office guy, but really repeats at marvel. The Thing is mad at Johnny and the FF might be breaking up, there is yet another new Captain America, at this point being Cap is like being an Avenger: everyone will have a chance. Nothing special about it anymore.
    Honestly at this point I think it's well established that the only reason anything is special about Captain America is because Steve Rogers was wearing the suit. If Steve was wore a Captain Bumble Bee uniform, that would be special.

There's been like 6-7 other Caps and essentially all of them to varying degrees sucked at it. Well, maybe Bucky was at least OKAY. But the bottom line is that Captain America isn't special unless Steve is in the suit, because the man that Steve is was always what made it special.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Evans' Rogers will die in Avengers 3 leading to Bucky becoming the next Captain America. Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal.
    Yeah I thought that too but I can't see Bucky as the next Captain America in the MCU. Winter Soldier was the best villain since Heath Ledger Joker in my opinion. I wouldn't want him to be goody two shoes Captain America. Chris Evans is great as Steve Rogers and I hope he isn't killed off.

Back to the main point i'm pretty sure it's Falcon the shield in the Avengers 35 cover proves it. This is like the whole Ronin leak all over again. i'm cool with him being Captain America anyway

BANNED

I would be all for Steve wearing a Captain Bumble Bee uniform.

Captain Falcon will be way more badass then Steve.

BANNED

I don't think that marvel believes that anymore. To them I think it is all marketing and Captain America is just a suit, a round hunk of metal and anyone can wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly at this point I think it's well established that the only reason anything is special about Captain America is because Steve Rogers was wearing the suit. If Steve was wore a Captain Bumble Bee uniform, that would be special.

There's been like 6-7 other Caps and essentially all of them to varying degrees sucked at it. Well, maybe Bucky was at least OKAY. But the bottom line is that Captain America isn't special unless Steve is in the suit, because the man that Steve is was always what made it special.

Why not Eli's grandfather, a new serum that gives him lucidity, but it fails from time to time. Maybe a few stories when his faculties begin to fail but his heroic spirit when's the day. Or isntht too cheesy for even a Cap story??

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Can't we just let Falcon be badass without having to take on being another one of Steve Roger's temporary legacies?

Meh, honestly don't care what happens in Cap's book (haven't in years) but when this starts affecting my Avengers books, we will have words.

BANNED

I actually thought it'd be a good idea to somehow bring back Isaiah Bradley. He'd be a "man out of time" similar to Steve so the concept wouldn't necessarily suffer like if it were someone else. I don't think I'd like to see it being Sam.

Amazing Member

It'll be Falcon. Without a doubt. This is Marvel laying the early ground work for when Chris Evans contract runs out. As since Anthony Mackie proved quite popular in the latest Cap film, then it'll mean if they want to go with him rather than Sebastian Stan as the replacement Cap then they can turn round and say, "Ah but Sam Wilson was Cap in the comics as well."

And they'll get the added bonus of being able to say they're being progressive without having to create controversy by altering the race of a character, like all the fuss just now over Johnny Storm in the FF reboot.

BANNED

Wait a minute....if Falcon is the new Captain America, then wouldn't this be like Iron Man as James Rhodes all over again, but now with another ID to go back to ?

I don't know if I'm ok with this. I wish the Falcon could just be awesome as the Falcon. But at the same time, I feel like Sam deserves to be top billing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    It'll be Falcon. Without a doubt. This is Marvel laying the early ground work for when Chris Evans contract runs out. As since Anthony Mackie proved quite popular in the latest Cap film, then it'll mean if they want to go with him rather than Sebastian Stan as the replacement Cap then they can turn round and say, "Ah but Sam Wilson was Cap in the comics as well."

And they'll get the added bonus of being able to say they're being progressive without having to create controversy by altering the race of a character, like all the fuss just now over Johnny Storm in the FF reboot.
    Yeah, I definitely think it makes sense for them to keep their options open for once Evans leaves. Stan is definitely their first choice, but making it viable for Mackie to take over is just smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Wait a minute....if Falcon is the new Captain America, then wouldn't this be like Iron Man as James Rhodes all over again, but now with another ID to go back to ?
    I mean, in so many ways no, but in many ways yes. It definitely gives off the same vibe. It's a shame that these two characters, awesome in their own right, are always portrayed as sidekicks. They've been around a long time... I wish they could be badasses on their own two legs (or thrusters or wings or whatever).

BANNED

It's gotta be between Ian and Falcon

What if it's Nomad? He was in Dimension Z
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"