Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Given that Steve Rogers/Captain America has not been so prominent in the public eye since the Golden Age of comics why in heaven's name would they neutralize him at this point in time, especially since it really hasn't been all that long since the whole "Death of Captain America" saga? Why can't they tell some stories that actually are about Steve Rogers/Captain America for this generation?

BANNED

What will be interesting about this change, and set it apart from other times when Cap has been replaced, is that Cap will be on board in some kind of advisory capacity. He isn't quitting being Cap out of protest and he is still very much alive as opposed to other times when others have stepped in to take his place. This'll be the first time that I can think of where Steve is voluntarily stepping aside as Cap and will likely be involved in choosing and mentoring his replacement. I appears likely that it'll be Falcon and, if so, I'm good with that. Sure, it won't be forever but it doesn't have to be. Whether it runs for ten or twenty issues, it's a story I'll be interested in reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    What if it's Nomad? He was in Dimension Z
    I think it will be, personally. Ian's already basically the CA of Dimension Z.

I still don't like it. I think I'm a Steve purist for life
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    What will be interesting about this change, and set it apart from other times when Cap has been replaced, is that Cap will be on board in some kind of advisory capacity. He isn't quitting being Cap out of protest and he is still very much alive as opposed to other times when others have stepped in to take his place. This'll be the first time that I can think of where Steve is voluntarily stepping aside as Cap and will likely be involved in choosing and mentoring his replacement. I appears likely that it'll be Falcon and, if so, I'm good with that. Sure, it won't be forever but it doesn't have to be. Whether it runs for ten or twenty issues, it's a story I'll be interested in reading.
    That's something I'm curious about as well. Steve being around, but not in a position to physically carry the mantle, will be an interesting shift. I agree, its a bit soon for a replacement but Falcon becoming Cap, getting a huge profile boost at the same time hopefully sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I don't know if I'm ok with this. I wish the Falcon could just be awesome as the Falcon. But at the same time, I feel like Sam deserves to be top billing.
    This is pretty much the same boat that I'm in but if it can lead to a solo Falcon book (his focus issue in Mighty Avengers was absolutely fantastic and would be how I'd go about an ongoing). So while I'd really be happy with it being Sam, I think I'd prefer it to be Eli Bradley.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

BANNED

Maybe it's Jet Zola. Or Falcon as Cap & Jet as Falcon

The Avengers cover is a red herring
    Last edited by Deathlok2011; 07-05-2014 at 11:08 PM.

It's probably Ian. I hope it's someone that no one expects

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly at this point I think it's well established that the only reason anything is special about Captain America is because Steve Rogers was wearing the suit. If Steve was wore a Captain Bumble Bee uniform, that would be special.

There's been like 6-7 other Caps and essentially all of them to varying degrees sucked at it. Well, maybe Bucky was at least OKAY. But the bottom line is that Captain America isn't special unless Steve is in the suit, because the man that Steve is was always what made it special.
    Truth
    #tencharacters
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Not sure how I feel about this...Steve is Cap, and Cap is Steve. The only other person to do an even remotely decent job was Bucky. But I've really like Remender's run so far, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...at least for now.

I also think it's Falcon, but Ian would be a cool choice as well.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Falcon is a pretty obvious choice I guess, and one I can get behind. Jet Black would have been a crazy (interesting) choice. She could have been a brutal Cap beating the **** out of criminals with old man Rogers trying to guide her. Would have been pretty ironic too with her being a Zola.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    Evans' Rogers will die in Avengers 3 leading to Bucky becoming the next Captain America. Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal.
    I hope so. Would be a pretty clever way of still using Cap without recasting.

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    So what our nickname for him be? Captain Falcon? American Eagle? Red, White, and Blue Jay?
    I think Captain Falcon is the way forward. Red, White and Blue Jay made me laugh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I would be all for Steve wearing a Captain Bumble Bee uniform.
    Me too, he could pull it off.
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 07-06-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The big problem with this is it kills momentum. MARVEL had one of the biggest breakout characters in recent years in WINTER SOLIDER. That was pretty much their new WOLVERINE, but then they put him in the Cap suit and he lost a lot of the forward motion he had going for him.

THE FALCON is coming out of a great new film and will be in AVENGERS 2, and Cap 3. He has the potential to be his own character, maybe even have his own book. Now he's going to put the Cap suit on and lose a lot of fuel.

Who says he'll be Cap?

Admittedly all I've read are his Secret Avengers run, as well as his current work on Cap and Uncanny Avengers. All of which I've found incredibly disappointing
    Last edited by Doc Omega; 07-06-2014 at 03:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    so, first Remender f**ks up Captain Britain in Secret Avengers, now he's f**king over Captain America?

why does this ass keep getting work?
    Remember that there are now rules about insulting creators, and leaving childish, immature, gross comments in general.