Extraordinary Member

Default Ryuko Matoi vs. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

The protagonists of Kill La Kill and the Kingdom Hearts trilogy duke it out in the arena.

Ryuko is wearing Senketsu and she's weilding the two scissor blades, but they can't activate Senketsu Kisaragi.

For Sora we're going with the current version.

Who wins?

Is Ryuko faster?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is Ryuko faster?
    Not sure.

In Kill La Kill we have Nui Harime, she treats dodging machine gun fire from a close range more as entertainment than actual effort. As the series goes on Ryuko is able to become fast enough, while wearing Senketsu, that she can stomp all over Nui in terms of speed.

And this is the last battle of the series. Which is more of a strength feat, but I just love this clip.

Are we even allowed to post KLK clips? There is a loooot of fanservice in that show.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Are we even allowed to post KLK clips? There is a loooot of fanservice in that show.
    I've never seen an explicit ban, and I've posted the clip above before without any reactions, it's pretty tame really.

But you're the mod. Take a look at it and if you think it's inappropriate I can take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I've never seen an explicit ban, and I've posted the clip above before without any reactions, it's pretty tame really.

But you're the mod. Take a look at it and if you think it's inappropriate I can take it down.
    Mmmmmm, I think this can stay up. Nothing too bad in it.

Also it should be noted Ryuko did all that without her kamui.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Not sure.

In Kill La Kill we have Nui Harime, she treats dodging machine gun fire from a close range more as entertainment than actual effort. As the series goes on Ryuko is able to become fast enough, while wearing Senketsu, that she can stomp all over Nui in terms of speed.

And this is the last battle of the series. Which is more of a strength feat, but I just love this clip.

If this is end-of-series Ryuko, with or without Senketsu, I'd say Sora is screwed. As far as the power-level comparisons are concerned, I put Sora in the same area as Ryuko during the Elite Four's tournament. After Ryuko learns about her alien heritage, the girl gets absurd in her power-ups. Not to mention that by the end of series, her regenerative factor is practically equal with Deadpool's. While Sora has some bullet-timer feats like reflecting matchlock bullets back at pirates and deflecting Xigbar's teleporting sniper bullets, Ryuko gets to the point where she can almost effortlessly blitz Nui, who as mentioned has dodged and deflected machine gun fire like it's child play.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    While Sora has some bullet-timer feats like reflecting matchlock bullets back at pirates and deflecting Xigbar's teleporting sniper bullets, Ryuko gets to the point where she can almost effortlessly blitz Nui, who as mentioned has dodged and deflected machine gun fire like it's child play.
    Just pointing out that Sora's reaction feats also include deflecting blitzes from Xemnas and Sephiroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Just pointing out that Sora's reaction feats also include deflecting blitzes from Xemnas and Sephiroth.
    Yeah, forgot about Sora blocking Sephiroth's Flash move, which is wicked crazy. As for Xemnas, if you're referring to his dome of energy blasts, I don't know how to quantify the speed of that feat.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Doesn't Sora have access to some nifty spells?

Been a while since I played KH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Doesn't Sora have access to some nifty spells?

Been a while since I played KH.
    Yeah, including ones that allow him to stop Time and make him invisible. However, Ryuko's damage soak and regen are ridiculous. The girl treated having her heart ripped out, tearing out a Life-Fiber that was wrapped around her brain and getting sliced in half like it was no huge thing. Sora's stats allow him to make a good fight out of it but he just can't put Ryuko down.

I suppose if Sora wanted to be cheap, he could just knock Ryuko to the ground and put a Stop spell on her for the ten-count win.

Yeah, I don't see Sora actually keeping Ryuko down. She's plenty fast, got strength out the wazoo as the clip shows, high-level regen and the Saiyan-like quality of permanently powering up whenever she's near death. Like, in the final battle of the original series, Ryuko realized she wasn't powerful enough so she deliberately got herself slashed and impaled over and over until she got more powerful.

A better fight would be against Satsuki with Junketsu, though my money would still be on Satsuki.

Could Ryuko just out-muscle the stop? She's pretty damn strong and I don't recall stop working on anything outside of your standard enemy fare.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Could Ryuko just out-muscle the stop? She's pretty damn strong and I don't recall stop working on anything outside of your standard enemy fare.
    I don't think that there are any real storyline feats for most/any of Sora's magic. I think it worked on some of the bonus bosses, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't think that there are any real storyline feats for most/any of Sora's magic. I think it worked on some of the bonus bosses, though.
    Hmm, well. Dunno how we'd treat it then.

Arx Inosaan