Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Earth 2/World's Finest/World's End

Tell me everything I need to know about everything Earth 2-related. I've read the first issue and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Last edited by PyroSikTh; 07-04-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Don't bother . . . Robinson leaves after issue #16, and quite a few people felt it went downhill from there.

Oh, and B/S #1-4 as well as #8-9 have components that tie-in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't bother . . . Robinson leaves after issue #16, and quite a few people felt it went downhill from there.
    To be honest, I think it jumped up in quality after a couple of transition issues. This week's issue was probably the best since it started.

Always Rakzo

Nothing will matter anymore, Earth 2 as a whole won't be the focus if what they teased in the last issue happens.

You can completely bypass Worlds' Finest, which is generally disliked by readers. Huntress and Power Girl basically just run around in circles for a couple of years and do nothing meaningful.

Earth 2 has ups and downs in quality (although the art is really nice). Don't get attached to the initial world building aspect of the series, because it is eventually replaced with a world demolishing theme. Also, hints from the 5 Years Later stories suggest Earth 2 is destined to be destroyed and have its people transported to the main New 52 Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Nothing will matter anymore, Earth 2 as a whole won't be the focus if what they teased in the last issue happens.
    Does that somehow undermine the 25-odd issues released thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    You can completely bypass Worlds' Finest, which is generally disliked by readers. Huntress and Power Girl basically just run around in circles for a couple of years and do nothing meaningful.
    Are there not any interesting flashbacks? I am kinda curious as to their time as Earth 2's Robin and Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    and have its people transported to the main New 52 Earth.
    God, I hope not. I think it's really cool they've been given their own Earth. Pre-Flashpoint was so cluttered with Justice Society and Justice League all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    God, I hope not. I think it's really cool they've been given their own Earth. Pre-Flashpoint was so cluttered with Justice Society and Justice League all in one place.
    Indeed. I love the Earth 2 concept to hold those heroes. They'll just be put on the back-burner if they are sent to the main Earth again. I'd be disappointed if that outcome of the war from Futures End comes to pass in main continuity.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Always Rakzo

Does that somehow undermine the 25-odd issues released thus far?
    If you were invested in the worldbuilding and reinvention of course.

Mighty Member

I prefer Tom Taylor's run to Robinson, but both are pretty good. Val Zod rocks.

Always Rakzo

I think I would even manage to like Val if he wasn't so insufferably dull.

The guy doesn't have any personality at all, he's pretty much just replacement Superman.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ignore Rakzo he has hated the series almost from the start.

The series has been a fun NEW take on an old concept. A lot of people have never been able to accept the NEW part of that and just want the dusty old version of Justice Society. The first 25 issues have been one long story line basically start with the winning of the war against Darkseid and then the emerging of new heroes just as the force of Darkseid mount a new offensive led by a broken and brainwashed Superman year latter. People have been complaining about how long this current arc has been going on, but I say the forces of Darkseid are not something you should be able to deal with in 4 or 5 issues.

It is currently one of my favorite DC series.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The whole series? No.

If you're talking about Taylor's run then that's also a no. I only started disliking it after 5 issues in when I realized that they were not going to continue the direction that the original series promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    To be honest, I think it jumped up in quality after a couple of transition issues. This week's issue was probably the best since it started.
    Yeah, count me among this group, as well. Robinson's run isn't bad either, though; just a bit long-winded and meandering, if you ask me. But the Earth 2 playground itself is a lot of fun, and the characters are all very interesting. Definitely a book worth checking out.

I can't speak one way or the other for World's Finest, however. I never read it.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

D
    Are there not any interesting flashbacks? I am kinda curious as to their time as Earth 2's Robin and Supergirl.
    World's Finest 00 and the Annual deal with them being Supergirl/Robin on Earth-2. The rest of the book is them on Earth-1 being best friends forever (which is awesome), attempting to avoid contact with their not-dads, and trying to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

The series has been a fun NEW take on an old concept. A lot of people have never been able to accept the NEW part of that and just want the dusty old version of Justice Society. The first 25 issues have been one long story line basically start with the winning of the war against Darkseid and then the emerging of new heroes just as the force of Darkseid mount a new offensive led by a broken and brainwashed Superman year latter. People have been complaining about how long this current arc has been going on, but I say the forces of Darkseid are not something you should be able to deal with in 4 or 5 issues.

It is currently one of my favorite DC series.
    Mine as well i loved issue 25 even with extra pages it still felt short due to how much i'm enjoying it.