Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Venditti Leads an "Uprising" in "Green Lantern"

As "Uprising" reaches its end in "Green Lantern," Robert Venditti discusses the book's past, present and future with "Futures End" on the horizon.

Full article here.

I've enjoyed Uprising quite a bit. Looking forward to the 5 years later tie in to see how the heck Relic escaped the source wall.

Sweet! They end the article by hinting at a Lantern-book crossover! It's been about two months since the last one!
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Sweet! They end the article by hinting at a Lantern-book crossover! It's been about two months since the last one!
    2 Months? It hasn't finished yet!

Wait. Another Lantern crossover? Damn. I was hoping on jumping on this book following Uprising but if it's another crossover then I'll probably stay clear of it. However, I'm following pretty much the entirety of the GL line bar this and Corps so I may see if my budget allows me to pick up another two titles.

Feels like there should just be Green Lantern weekly, books are crossing over every other month anyway.

BANNED

Vendetti said in the last CBR interview that the next crossover event will involve Kyle and the Source Wall, and will shock the Lanterns to the core, hence the Relic appearance.

Spectacular Member

I have loved this GL run. I love how the books crossover and play into one another. I can't wait for each week!!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

As tired as am I of crossovers, I'm enjoying this run; it's a breath of fresh air after 8 (?) years of Rainbow Corps stories non-stop. It's not perfect, but it's good sci-fi, as it should be.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Can we just get a Green Lantern weekly book and dump the idea that we are reading 4 individual books?

Spectacular Member green blogger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Can we just get a Green Lantern weekly book and dump the idea that we are reading 4 individual books?
    I think Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps are the only Green Lantern comic books. Kyle is now a white lantern and Guy is with the reds.

I think Uprising has been OK. I like how Hal progressed so far as a leader, but I think Venditti regressed him way too much as a leader. He was always the Lantern that would lead everyone into battle and that everyone would look to. I'm digging Billy Tan's art. I know it's not for everyone, but I dig it. Relic and the Black Lanterns coming back sounds awesome. Looking forward to the Futures End book.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

i'm guessing this crossover might be the one that finishes off the red lanterns, and restores the sapphires to villainy?

I don't think the Sapphires will go bad, because I don't see Carol Ferris going bad any time soon.

I dislike Venditti's Green Lantern. Boring, slow paced stories and bad art. I'm a huge fan of Van Jensen's Green Lantern Corps, however.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I don't think the Sapphires will go bad, because I don't see Carol Ferris going bad any time soon.
    maybe not bad, but antagonistic toward the GLC if they attempt to shut down the violet light (considering the zamorans belief that love conquers all, they'd argue that maybe its resolve that needs to go instead)

the reds sort of have to be gone if hal's returning to JL while simon and jessica are on planet; not to mention that their battery is gone. walker probably will becoem a blue again; but go wondering the galaxy as a space!gandalf with the hope-kindling