Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    While I'm kinda interested in the Rebirth (Watchmen) aspect, I'm actually mostly excited for this simply because it's a Batman/Flash team up story.

Such little teamup arcs in main books don't happen enough.
    Yes. This. Exactly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm excited because of the team up here as well. I wish they would start doing more little team up arcs actually.
    Next month it's Batman teaming up with Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz in the pages of Green Lanterns for Darkest Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't understand not being interested in the larger story. Certainly not to the point where you'd actually consider dropping a title because of a short crossover.

And LOL at less than a year being "too long".
    Exactly. I read the article like "hell yeah, this is gonna be dope. Batman and flash, rebirth mystery...I'm in." It seems like it will be right after the Bane arc in King's Batman. I'm jazzed for this. And it's a short crossover. Night of the Monster Men was dumb tho. But I'm very interested in this plot and story and I don't read Flash or Superman (where there has been other rebirth developments, right?) So this is just off the strength of the one shot.

I'm psyched tbh.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Exactly. I read the article like "hell yeah, this is gonna be dope. Batman and flash, rebirth mystery...I'm in." It seems like it will be right after the Bane arc in King's Batman. I'm jazzed for this. And it's a short crossover. Night of the Monster Men was dumb tho. But I'm very interested in this plot and story and I don't read Flash or Superman (where there has been other rebirth developments, right?) So this is just off the strength of the one shot.

I'm psyched tbh.
    Ah, yeah, wasn't a fan of Night of the Monster Men...very...fantastical for a Batman crossover and spanned so many other titles.
    Superhero shows are trash

Mighty Member

At least DC admitted that "Night of the Monster Men" was filler. (It was not great. But, it was not sold as anything other than filler.)

You missed Saturn Girl in #9, then.
    Gonna check that issue again. (Where abouts is the cameo?)

Except that DC told people from the start that the overarching Rebirth story line would take two years to come to fruition and DC has been seeding plot and developing the mystery in a slew of other titles. T
    It strikes me as DC stalling for time.

Like I said, I will buy in for a two issue event. But, DC does not have enough of my trust for a long-haul event.

It baffles me that people are getting impatient re: rebirth.

Do people want the 2 events a year snake eating its tale (event > lead up to next event > event > so on) that Marvel has been guilty of?

Let the books breathe, let the creators tell their story, and I'll be content to wait until mini's like this pop up.
    I was content to read without the event. (Seriously, I had forgotten "Rebirth" and moved on by the end of "I am Gotham".
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    It strikes me as DC stalling for time.

Like I said, I will buy in for a two issue event. But, DC does not have enough of my trust for a long-haul event.
    It strikes me as DC being honest to fans about the length of time the over-arching Rebirth plot will take to resolve. Each to their own I guess but I never expected them to make short work of a plot line that is supposed to actually have line-wide ramifications. Something long-haul like that takes time to build if you want to do it right and I rather suspect that, after the snafu that was the N52, DC wants to take their time with this one. Honestly I'd rather they take the time to actually think about where they are going with this and to build it up properly then for them to throw things against a wall and see what sticks as has happened in the past.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I was content to read without the event. (Seriously, I had forgotten "Rebirth" and moved on by the end of "I am Gotham".
    As you've said, several times. Ok, your not into it. Fair enough.

I much rather this slow burn plot. And even if it's weak, it's 2 issues of Batman. I don't have to buy the Flash issues. No one is forcing me to buy anything i dont like, or want to read.

Maybe I'm just super lucky that my LCS is a place where I can say, "hey I don't want these 2, it's part of a crossover I'm not into" and they just throw em on the rack.

Are other stores not like that? Where is the pressure coming from?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

At least DC admitted that "Night of the Monster Men" was filler. (It was not great. But, it was not sold as anything other than filler.)
    It was not great, but I think it was serviceable, average. I've certainly read worse in the last 16 years of Batman comics. I'm gonna buy the HC (partly because I need it for comic binding completeness).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

The quality of "filler" stories is what makes characters great in the first place The over-reliance on "meaningful" stories prevents readers from just enjoying stories.

She draws the Legion symbol on her cell wall.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It happened in issue #9 two pages after Batman talks to Wesk(l)er about joining his team. Batman is walking by Saturn Girl's cell and she draws the Legion symbol on the cell door. She is also the only character in that entire sequence that doesn't speak.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    As you've said, several times. Ok, your not into it. Fair enough.

I much rather this slow burn plot. And even if it's weak, it's 2 issues of Batman. I don't have to buy the Flash issues. No one is forcing me to buy anything i dont like, or want to read.

Maybe I'm just super lucky that my LCS is a place where I can say, "hey I don't want these 2, it's part of a crossover I'm not into" and they just throw em on the rack.

Are other stores not like that? Where is the pressure coming from?
    I can usually ask people at my LCS, "Hey, do you think I need to read this tie in too?" and they'll usually let me know if they are able.
    Superhero shows are trash

Mighty Member

I am not complaining about buying two extra comics. I am just unhappy that DC is taking so long with "Rebirth". (Reboots are fine. But, get them over and done, them move on.)

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It was not great, but I think it was serviceable, average. I've certainly read worse in the last 16 years of Batman comics. I'm gonna buy the HC (partly because I need it for comic binding completeness).
    Filler is filler. "Night of the Monster Men" was filler. And, I can see getting the hardcover as a completist. But, while I get that the writers needed some easy make-work, I am not going to say that "Night of the Monster Men" added much.

The quality of "filler" stories is what makes characters great in the first place The over-reliance on "meaningful" stories prevents readers from just enjoying stories.
    A character is only as good as the writer, and what the writer does with them. (Batman fighting bank robbers or even costumed criminals is useless. A Batman comic with something to say adds value to the franchise.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/