Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

I don't have that much of a problem with some 'crazy time travel stuff' being the cause of Jon's existence. There's no way we were ever getting 'Jon growing up in real-time'. For that matter, there isn't really THAT much of a difference between how Clark got Jon and how Bruce got Damian. Even Damian was introduced via a retcon as Batman's long-lost son and honestly, at one point, they did have to come up with some complicated accelerated ageing explanation for why he's the age he is (dunno how that stands currently though). Jon is just the Superman equivalent of that.

Jon being Clark and Lois' son born when they were trapped outside time is essentially the Superman version of Damian being Bruce and Talia's son genetically engineered from a fetus conceived during a night they spent together years ago (which may or may not have involved Talia raping Bruce somehow).

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll be honest, I also got inspiration from a storarc in the tv show Charmed (which yes was a guilty pleasure for me and yes probably for more reasons than just that I found all the actresses hot shut up).
    Hey, my wife and I both really enjoy Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey (yeah, ya'll heard me, stuff it..lol) so no judgement here, man.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Oh I don't mock for the guilty pleasures, for I know everyone has them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oops - that came out wrong.. I meant that, given what we like, I'd never judge. No need to even feel guilty about it if you're having a good time.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

It's not bad, Sacred Knight. It's comic books so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to that kind of status quo. With all this talk of "Superdad" merging red and blue entities ala the Electric Superman era to create a singular new Superman, how about Jon getting in between the merge and somehow have his energy resurrect New52 Superman. In retrospect, though New52 Superman is dead, it's Jon's consciousnesses inside his body, thus taking over the New52 mantle and legacy. It's basically killing 3 birds with one stone; keeping Pre-Flashpoint Superman on this Earth, bringing New52 Superman back and allowing Jon to live through him without having to resort to killing Jon in future stories as he gets older and out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I don't have that much of a problem with some 'crazy time travel stuff' being the cause of Jon's existence. There's no way we were ever getting 'Jon growing up in real-time'. For that matter, there isn't really THAT much of a difference between how Clark got Jon and how Bruce got Damian. Even Damian was introduced via a retcon as Batman's long-lost son and honestly, at one point, they did have to come up with some complicated accelerated ageing explanation for why he's the age he is (dunno how that stands currently though). Jon is just the Superman equivalent of that.

Jon being Clark and Lois' son born when they were trapped outside time is essentially the Superman version of Damian being Bruce and Talia's son genetically engineered from a fetus conceived during a night they spent together years ago
    (which may or may not have involved Talia raping Bruce somehow).
    It did not involve rape Tomasi retconned the whole drugged ambiguity in Robin Rises Omega. Sorry don't want to derail your thread just bugs me whenever I see that 'Rape' aspect brought up.
    Interesting discussion sorry to interrupt.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I like Jon, but I think he will have to find something to do besides hangout with his dad all day lol, he may well become a good superboy, but I still think that title belongs to Conner Kent/Kon-el. I don't see DC taking an approach like that this "setting the universe right" "only one will survive" reminds me of COIE, and I don't think anybody wants that, it would contradict Dc's Convergence and Rebirth initiatives. ideally I just want as many characters as possible to exist at once.

I like jon is a good character that is being very well worked by tomasi and gleason I do not think jonathan samuel kent die or disappear I think that at the end of the renaissance merged with its counterpart of the new 52:
    Jon Lane Kent
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Jonathan_La..._(Prime_Earth)

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

^Damn!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    I like jon is a good character that is being very well worked by tomasi and gleason I do not think jonathan samuel kent die or disappear I think that at the end of the renaissance merged with its counterpart of the new 52:
    Jon Lane Kent
    I forgot that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Jon being Clark and Lois' son born when they were trapped outside time is essentially the Superman version of Damian being Bruce and Talia's son genetically engineered from a fetus conceived during a night they spent together years ago (which may or may not have involved Talia raping Bruce somehow).
    There is really only so many ways you can give characters like Superman/Batman kids lol, glad they retconned the rape thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    Jon Lane Kent
    Good Post man! I forgot about this too, only reading part of that run. IDK but the two characters are really similar, and especially since Jon was seen to have problems with his mixed human/kryptonian genes in Tomasi Superman as well.(Just like the Jon Kent in the panel did as well)

has anybody read the solicits for the upcoming Super titles? It appears that Jon will be taking ill somehow, just like the future Jon Kent who turned evil did.

I've always thought they might do something like that ever since he fell off the tree and got hurt. They never resolved what Superman figured out in the tests he ran in the Fortress, which to me indicated the plot point was never dead. Not saying that one solicit guarantees it will be a big deal but it just might.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've always thought they might do something like that ever since he fell off the tree and got hurt. They never resolved what Superman figured out in the tests he ran in the Fortress, which to me indicated the plot point was never dead. Not saying that one solicit guarantees it will be a big deal but it just might.
    yeah I thought that too, the longer he keeps having power problems the more I think something is going on with it