Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Tom De Falco!!!

Thor #392 Jun 1988
    ""Quicksand Kills" First appearances of Susan Austin, Kevin Masterson and Jackie Lukus.
    Hogun has crashed to Earth, but a head injury causes him to see demons instead of people, and he is eventually engaged in battle by Daredevil;

Sigurd and Jerry meet up with Eric

and tag along on a construction bid,

but the plant is attacked by Quicksand!

Script by Tom DeFalco http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_tom_defalco/, pencils by Ron Frenz, inks by Al Milgrom

BANNED

Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thunderstrike #1 Jun 1993
    "Blood Without Glory!"
    A rash of carjackings in the city brings Eric Masterson and Bloodaxe to a head, with Bloodaxe coming out the victor;

Determined to establish his own name and reputation, Eric changes costumes and names – Thunderstrike;

During their next battle, Thunderstrike manages to disarm Bloodaxe and give him his own defeat.

Script by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, art by Ron Frenz and Al Milgrom

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!!!

Thor #393 Jul 1988
    "The Blaze of Battle!"
    Thor battles Quicksand

and tries to keep her from causing

a nuclear meltdown at the power plant

Script by Tom DeFalco, pencils by Ron Frenz, inks by Brett Breeding

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Has this Kevin version of Thunderstrike shown up anywhere after the mini-series? I'd like to read more about him.

Peace
    Just to give some form of an answer, as best I can.

Kevin-Thunderstrike showed up back in a few issues of Avengers Academy, but left it not too long after. Kevin wasn't really much of a character there. He also appeared in a mini-series, a Fear Itself one if I recall, where he and a small handful of other obscure teen heroes were brought together by the then-pretty obscure himself Amadeus Cho for one reason or another. Cho was being a mastermind-ing jerk and the group he gathered called him out and ditched him once the mini's events were over.

If I'm not mistaken, Kevin-Thunderstrike hasn't really been seen since. Which is criminal for so many reasons.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-31-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Kevin-Thunderstrike showed up back in a few issues of Avengers Academy, but left it not too long after. Kevin wasn't really much of a character there. He also appeared in a mini-series, a Fear Itself one if I recall, where he and a small handful of other obscure teen heroes were brought together by the then-pretty obscure himself Amadeus Cho for one reason or another. Cho was being a mastermind-ing jerk and the group he gathered called him out and ditched him once the mini's events were over.

If I'm not mistaken, Kevin-Thunderstrike hasn't really been seen since. Which is criminal for so many reasons.
    I thought he would at least guest star in Jane Foster Thor books. It would've been a fitting nod to see two Thor legacy characters have an adventure together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

I kind of wanted him to run with the Young Avengers. Thuinderstrike would be a nice contrast to the rest of the YA team. Most of the YA team are superhero fanboys. Kevin's got baggage about the whole superhero thing. He's more like the "I never wanted this job, but someone has to do it" type.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Has this Kevin version of Thunderstrike shown up anywhere after the mini-series? I'd like to read more about him.
    He'll be showing up again soon in Asgardians of the Galaxy.

The first Thunderstrike comic I ever picked up was Avengers The Terminatrix Objective #2.

It might have been the first Avengers comic I ever bought period. It was either that one or the issue of West Coast Avengers with the foil red Mephisto cover. I couldn't say for sure. I just know I picked them off the racks because the covers looked cool at the time.

I'm actually a bit amused how Thunderstrike always seemed to get lumped into with the extreme 90s characters when he was actually a lot more down to earth and less violent than the real Thor. Maybe it's the ponytail

BANNED

The character was indeed more down to earth compared to the others.

BANNED

Thunderstrike #2 Nov 1993
    "Family Matters!"
    Thunderstrike has the Black Knight inspect the Bloodaxe to see if he can find
    anything unusual about it, but doesn't tell him that he hears it whispering to him;

Elsewhere, the Juggernaut begins heading to GeneTech to get a medical file to help his friend Black Tom;

Eric is determined to stop him, one way or another;

Eric finds a peaceful solution to the problem and lets Juggernaut go on his way to help his friend.

Script by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, art by Ron Frenz and Al Milgrom

how old is Kevin supposed to be now? what family does he have still around?

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Asgardians of the Galaxy will ever address Kevin and Skurge's connection. Eric died to destroy Skurge's axe (which, of course, they brought back. Sigh...)

BANNED

Maybe in upcoming issues published in 2019.