BANNED

Default oh god i hate spam accounts on twitter.....

literally hundreds of them following me right now and i swear nothing but spam accounts were watching me when i did a twit broadcast earlier....it's insane!

i just want to get rid of them but there seems to be no easy way to flush out all the fakers at once
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 01-13-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

The spam accounts I want to eliminate are the ones that pop up on random comment boards boasting about how much blah makes working from home. The only place for those wastes of space is Tui billboards (look them up).

If something bothers you, you should be able to block it on twitter.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If something bothers you, you should be able to block it on twitter.
    and i can but i have so many spam accounts following me that it would take forever to block them all....

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    and i can but i have so many spam accounts following me that it would take forever to block them all....
    I have never had that problem on Twitter. I mean, I have about 325 followers, some that appear to be more advertising or something than real people, but it never gave me any trouble. They don't post anything, and if I get an ad I can dismiss it if I want to.

Just can't envision what kind of problem you hare having.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Just block or report them. But yea, spam is always annoying, be it via Text, e-mail or social network.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have never had that problem on Twitter. I mean, I have about 325 followers, some that appear to be more advertising or something than real people, but it never gave me any trouble. They don't post anything, and if I get an ad I can dismiss it if I want to.

Just can't envision what kind of problem you hare having.
    because i get constant follower notifications and it's usually spam accounts....depresses me sometimes knowing that if all the spam accounts were taken out I'd probably have a very very small number of people who actually gave a crap about what i think on there

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    because i get constant follower notifications and it's usually spam accounts....depresses me sometimes knowing that if all the spam accounts were taken out I'd probably have a very very small number of people who actually gave a crap about what i think on there
    At least half of the responses I get on Twitter are from Non-followers. As long as you either use a # and/or keyword in your post that people are interested in, or if you replay to someone else's Tweet, you'll attract attention even if they don't follow you.

I tweet, not so much expecting others to pay attention, but because it's cathartic. It feels nice when I do get a response, but I know that it is not common. I'm no expert, but if you want to build up your Followers, there are ways to help that along. I've heard about them but never bothered with it myself.

As for spam, I just ignore mine. They can follow me if they want, but I don't care. Over time, the ones that stay are usually not spam. Spam has a tendency to unfollow more often than hang around.