Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    What if K. Perkins taking over 'Superwoman' means that Phil Jimenez and Emanuela Lupacchino are going to take over 'Action Comics' once Jurgens is done with the Reborn aftermath?

Would anyone like to see that happen?
    Hmm...I wouldn't mind that switch, but I think Perkins on Superwoman is like Bunn Trinity, just a fill-in to give the main creative team a break.

I also think Jimenez would probably prefer the little more freedom he might have with Superwoman then working on Action.

What if Mr. Oz is actually Jon from the future that has obtained the quantum power of Dr. Manhatten after losing his powers and decided to tamper with the universe.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwingnoah View Post
    What if Mr. Oz is actually Jon from the future that has obtained the quantum power of Dr. Manhatten after losing his powers and decided to tamper with the universe.
    hmmmm...well at least it would be unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwingnoah View Post
    Would he be jumping over the shark on the silver surfer's board or just a normal one?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    True, they're dumb. They lost their mind for that kid (Jon).
    totally agree .. hate the kid

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Just occurred to me...with the Action #977 cover, all the images on the left correspond to Mr. El (him holding the flag seems to show a narrower belt, but that could be a perspective shift on the classic suit - him hoisting the American flag is pretty Pre-Flashpoint Superman), while both the images on the right correspond to the New 52 Superman, showing him in that uniform. This could all be chalked up to Kubert not knowing about the new look - the cover artists for Trinity, New Super-Man and Supergirl seem not to have - but I'm starting to wonder if they're not actually literal flashbacks of this guys' life. As in, "here's some elements of the guy on the left, a dash of the guy on the right, and you get the guy in the middle of the cover out of it". If it's symbolic, maybe we still haven't seen anything from this guys' background yet, i.e. we don't know what uniform he wore during these events, and maybe it's specifically indicating there's some New 52 spirit in there as well as a costume. A farewell and an impression rather than a literal recap, even if the broad strokes are obviously still going to be there. I don't entirely buy that the Superwoman cover is purely symbolic itself the way Superlad suggested, but maybe a merger really is in the cards.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 01-14-2017 at 02:26 AM.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    We need that gif here like,now....

you ask and you shall receive

Sad about the creative team changes to Superwoman. I've never read anything by K Perkins and I'm happy to see people like her work, but I wanted to see where Jimenez was going. Segovia as the new artist is really sad as well, I don't like his work at all. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I wouldn't mind that switch, but I think Perkins on Superwoman is like Bunn Trinity, just a fill-in to give the main creative team a break.

I also think Jimenez would probably prefer the little more freedom he might have with Superwoman then working on Action.
    Jurgens is a far better writer than Jimenez, so I don't see this change. Just a fill in to avoid delays

The neew suit is very good, but needs some trunks

but I'm starting to wonder if they're not actually literal flashbacks of this guys' life.
    I am of this thought as well, I don't see how it can be literal flashbacks, or maybe all those flashbacks in the background are New 52 Superman with a reborn Superman coming out the front, all of that stuff like holding the American flag and Kryptonite Nevermore could have happened to New 52 Superman during his 5-year history. But the pre Flashpoint Superman returning and his memories and sense of time is a big driving force behind the rebirth event and it would be awfully hard explaining married Louis and Jon if none of that stuff ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

The neew suit is very good, but needs some trunks
    Yes! It's getting a little weird that they still refuse to bring them back despite everything else of his classic costume, at least New 52 Superman made sense not having trunks but now it's just getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Same "old" costume in New Super-man

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Solicit for new superman

NEW SUPER-MAN #10

Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art and cover by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG

“COMING TO AMERICA” part two! Superman meets Super-Man! As the battle with China White and Lex Luthor intensifies, the Man of Steel steps in to settle things once and for all. Can the combined might of three supermen turn the tide? Don’t miss the fate of Central City’s own Avery Ho, repercussions from the “Superman Reborn Aftermath” story in ACTION COMICS, and a new member of the Justice League of China!
    This is the new member? Is like the Flash of the Justice League Beyond..

2940044445666_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

OK... Is only similar...
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-14-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sad about the creative team changes to Superwoman. I've never read anything by K Perkins and I'm happy to see people like her work, but I wanted to see where Jimenez was going. Segovia as the new artist is really sad as well, I don't like his work at all. :/
    Comicbook.com, the first site to post solicits, seemed very confident that Jimenez was coming back. I imagine they received the news from DC.

Segovia could be sticking around, though. I'll miss him and Thibert on Action as I thought they put out the strongest art on that title. But hopefully Churchill sticks around to make up for it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think this was on purpose and that DC has another book in the works with Jimenez, especially from the way he was tweeting geoff johns.

New costume is perfect! I love how the belt design matches with the boot design. Good job DC!