Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default May 2017 Solicit Preview: Family titles

Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art by BILLY TAN • Cover by PHILIP TAN • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
    “THE ZERO ULTIMATUM” part one! Dr. Omen’s deadly first experiment, the original New Super-Man of China, frees himself! Kenan Kong may be learning to control his super abilities, but to survive an encounter with Super-Man Zero he’ll need to learn faster! Plus, the shocking origin of the ultra-powerful All-Yang reveals a surprising connection to Kenan’s teacher—Master I-Ching!
    May 10

Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art and cover by BRIAN CHING • Variant cover by BENGAL

“Escape from the Phantom Zone” part one! Trapped in the Phantom Zone, Supergirl and Batgirl must face the Phantom King to escape! But what deadly team is Emerald Empress building? And what does it have to do with the future of the Girl of Steel?
    May 10

Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

“When I Grow Up” part four! As our young heroes struggle to break free of the deadly Kid Amazo’s control, they discover the truth behind this young villain’s power! But with an army at his command, and his sights set on total domination, the boys will need to put up the fight of their young lives to stop him! Is the key to stopping him not beating him but helping him?
    May 17

Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL—Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL—Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ

“ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER” part one! The Trinity is trapped in the Justice League Watchtower, and there’s a traitor in their midst! No one is what they seem as our heroes fight back against their own home turf!
    May 17

Written by ROB WILLIAMS—Art and cover by GUILLEM MARCH

You don’t betray Ra’s al Ghul and legendary sorceress Circe and just walk away. That’s what Lex Luthor is about to learn the hard way. Now, he has to unite with his former Justice League teammates if he wants to stay alive. Meanwhile, the Trinity fear this ordeal will push Lex back to the dark side.
    On sale MAY 31 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US

Super Sons looks amazing. Strong lineup in general. Will be getting a bunch of these, if not all.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

this is about the 3rd or 4th time this has been posted in the superman forum since Sunday, but still exciting non the less. Just wish Action and Superman solicits would hurry up.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I will likely end up buying everything.

I wonder if I actually need both kidney's? Hmmm...
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, all of this looks great. I'll be getting it all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm surprised this Supergirl/Batgirl team-up is still going on, though it sounds like it's also developing the Legion storyline, so I imagine it's going to be pretty important going forward and might dovetail into Kara (and Clark by extension) getting involved with the Legion .

I wonder what the new Fatal Five is going to look like, given Emerald Empress doesn't have access to the usual suspects?

So I take it, from the solicitations, that Lex does have some dealings with Ra's and Circe as per the cover a while back.

Spectacular Member

Ra's and Circe against Luthor and the Trinity sounds like a sweet story. Plus sexy Guillem March art! I haven't been buying the monthly but may get that annual.

I want to give Trinity a chance, but the first story was so dull and the art changes mid-arc really bothered me. It's not like that's a bimonthly book or they bothered to find artists with similar styles. It's cool to see Manapul is back, but I wonder for how long :/

Fantastic Member

GUILLEM MARCH is back!
    I love his art.

And i think Trinity is a waster for talents like Manapul and Mann.

While I'm not surprised that some people don't love the final product, I have to say that giving Francis Manapul a title where he's allowed to hone his writing and also draw the three biggest heroes (the larger JL cast would obviously be too much) while also being provided with two artists who are very aesthetically pleasing sounds like a near perfect idea on paper.

The annual, with Williams and March, also sounds pretty excellent. I expect pretty high level execution there, even if Williams is not particularly experienced with the cast or status quo.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I for one am enjoying Trinity. Manapul is an excellent writter and even the issues he hasn't drawn still look really good. No complaints.

I have a feeling the annual will start the return of Luthor back to the side of evil.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    While I'm not surprised that some people don't love the final product, I have to say that giving Francis Manapul a title where he's allowed to hone his writing and also draw the three biggest heroes (the larger JL cast would obviously be too much) while also being provided with two artists who are very aesthetically pleasing sounds like a near perfect idea on paper.

The annual, with Williams and March, also sounds pretty excellent. I expect pretty high level execution there, even if Williams is not particularly experienced with the cast or status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I for one am enjoying Trinity. Manapul is an excellent writter and even the issues he hasn't drawn still look really good. No complaints.

I have a feeling the annual will start the return of Luthor back to the side of evil.
    Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE Manapul and Mann's art and Lupacchino is competent, but their styles really don't go well together.
    The least they could have done was to have one artist per arc, since this isn't shipping twice a month. It doesn't help that Manapul's writing is still developing.
    The first arc ended up being a lot bigger than it needed to be and the finished product was uneven.To say the least.
    I'm really interested in the villainous Trinity, so I'm considering keeping the book, but the quality doesn't match the potential so far.

Trinity was really disappointing to me, then again I don't think going for a trippy hallucination adventure was the best choice for the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I will likely end up buying everything.

I wonder if I actually need both kidney's? Hmmm...
    Tt... Are you insane?!

Of course, not. You can function okay with one.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja