Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Also forgot to mention, I wonder if Superboy losing his powers in the first issue of the new Tomasi/Gleason arc is just a one-issue thing or if its going to last a bit. And hey, look at the title of the arc "Superman Black". ....Conner?

I'd be giddy if my idea of Jon getting sick and Kon being the cure actually came to fruition.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I like both,they both work,so I'm happy,now let's get to a 1 universe,1 superman status quo,where Jon and Kon can come exist
    Last edited by stephens2177; 01-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Also forgot to mention, I wonder if Superboy losing his powers in the first issue of the new Tomasi/Gleason arc is just a one-issue thing or if its going to last a bit. If so, I wonder if they're going to use the "genetic abnormalities is making Jon sick" idea. And hey, look at the title of the arc "Superman Black". ....Conner?

Don't tease man,I keep.my expectations really low,so I might possibly be happy someday when I see the real "ultimate" Kon(and yes if superman can have a ultimate version,can should 2

I think its a real possibility. The Action solicit teases getting the ENTIRE Super family back together.

Conner: Only problem is now I don't know what to call myself.
    Jon: How about Superman Black!?!
    Conner: ...Uhh, no.

I'm not sure leaving Hamilton though is the right move. its my only question with this. I liked the community.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I think its a real possibility. The Action solicit teases getting the ENTIRE Super family back together.

Conner: Only problem is now I don't know what to call myself.
    Jon: How about Superman Black!?!
    Conner: ...Uhh, no.

Lol,more like Kon or scion,but just having him back is the most important thing.

Btw when I say "back" I don't mean exactly what we had before,what I mean is a amalagated better version of the character,that takes all his versions and makes one ultimate version

i will miss the collar. it made him look regal, the details on the sleeve too

otherwise is a pretty neat design, a pity n52 will likelly be erased forever after this (just like piccolo and kami from dbz as someone mentioned)

maybe i will try to get some issues by the end of the year when it comes in my language instead of going digital, that way i can skip some without worrying too much

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not sure leaving Hamilton though is the right move. its my only question with this. I liked the community.
    I like it too, but for the sake of iconography and remaining easily recognizably I think Metropolis is the way to go. I personally hope they don't plan on moving back to New Troy aka the heart of the city. I'd rather a suburban part of Metropolis if we're moving back.

But I think Hamilton will remain a part of the Superman myth via Jon aka Superboy. You can easily see a "Welcome to Hamilton County: Home of Superboy" sign being put up in the near future. I mean if you think about it, literally all of the developments regarding Hamilton have been in relation to Jon. It's Jon who has the direct link to the people of the town via his old school, teacher, Kathy, Kathy's granddad, and the mystry of Deadman's swamp.

In Multiplicity, while Clark is off saving the multiverse Jon is discovering spooky aspects of his town with his best friend from said town. Even the idea that in Superman issue #20 that "someone or something doesn’t want them to leave" points more to Jon than Lois or Clark. Superman issue 17 even says "Jon and Cathy go deep into the woods of Hamilton to find a horror that hungers for the new Superboy!"

To me Hamilton is Jon's.

So how will they handle the origin if it's a merger I bet a lot of post crisis stuff will be kept but what will they add from the New 52?

Costume wise, I prefer the new52 Krytonian body armor with the high collar, but this costume is okay. At least they didn't bring back the trunks, which, let's face it, don't appeal to anyone who didn't get acclimated to them by reading hundreds of Superman comics with them in it. Batman readers have accepted him not having trunks. I think not having trunks is a necessary modernization that doesn't detract from the character at all. It makes him look more heroic and less like a guy who wears his underwear on the outside of his costume for some unidentified reason (And, yes, I know they're trunks, my point stands- the costume is better looking and more accessible without them).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    So how will they handle the origin if it's a merger I bet a lot of post crisis stuff will be kept but what will they add from the New 52?
    I could see them leaving the Kent's being dead still.

Any chance "Superman: Black" is new52 Superman? Or am I grasping at straws here hoping they'll bring back my favorite character as a long-term presence.

I think getting rid of Jon's powers would be the right thing to do for the line, but I don't think it'll stick- sounds like a storyline to me, which ends with him getting them back.

Astonishing Member

Well, I think its finally more or less official now that Superdad is the one, true Superman...not that we needed any more convincing on that score.

As far as Nuperman goes...I dunno how they're gonna explain him away, but for all intents and purposes, I assume he is going to disappear. Which is fine, because barring Morrison's run, and the fling with Diana, there isn't anything particularly unique about him. (Which is one of the reasons why the near-fanatical obsession with Nuperman as a distinct incarnation of the character has always surprised me...he's pretty indistinguishable from any other version of Superman earlier in his career, barring the suit).

If this is going where i think that is going, well, i can't lie, i'm happy to have my guy back on full force, i feel kind of smug too.

That being said i hope that DC threw a bone to the fans of the New 52 Superman, they deserve something.

I won't count all my horses yey, thought, maybe they would leave some kind of backdoor for Nuperman's return.

Also that costume is freaking beatifull.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Any chance "Superman: Black" is new52 Superman? Or am I grasping at straws here hoping they'll bring back my favorite character as a long-term presence.

I think getting rid of Jon's powers would be the right thing to do for the line, but I don't think it'll stick- sounds like a storyline to me, which ends with him getting them back.
    Doubtful. I think its the merger, but barring that he'll probably just go away. But the boots thing makes me think merger.

I still think the best and pretty much only option for New 52 fans would be if DC eventually gave us him, or a Superman like him on another Earth and publish those adventures. He has no place in main continuity anymore though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2017 at 02:05 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I don't think it'll stick- sounds like a storyline to me, which ends with him getting them back.
    Well yeah, he'd have to get them back because he's the new Superboy, and will be co staring in a comic called Super Sons that pushing the idea of him having powers.

I'd say this might be some sort of kryptonian/human hybrid "metamorphosis" deal where we might see him get those different powers Batman theorized he'd get. I think they were probably saving this little bit till after the Superman and his fam were solidified into continuity.

I wonder what new power they'll go with?