Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fox's x-men live action drama series close to being green-lit

This was a news article here on cbr but I thought a discussion thread in the x-forums would be helpful to spread the news.

http://www.cbr.com/foxs-x-men-drama-...lot-order/amp/

Looks like since hellfire was scrapped, another x-men idea was proposed. Sounds pretty good too, and a bit more traditionally xmen with the whole "mutants running from the government" plot.

As the article points out this is also a concept interesting given the current socio-political environment.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

it's a show by fox, not holding my breath.

If marvel collaborates with fox on it, like they are with legion, it may give more reason to be optimistic about their relationship as well.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Amazing Member

will probably have very little to do with anything X-men and that will probably only get mentioned in passing
    sadly I feel they are slapping the X-men name on it to draw in viewers

I take this seriously when sure it's going to come off the paper but looks interesting.

Sounds like it could almost be a Morlocks series.

Spectacular Member

This sounds just as bad as every other X-men property from Fox.

Anyone with positive commentary out there?

I am excited to see mutant stories on tv even if it's not exactly the plot I want. The more exposure the better, especially if they turn out good.

I'm not interested in Legion, but I may watch this if it has interesting characters. I'm just hoping things turn out fine for Marvel/Fox relationship so we can get more X-related stuff outside of comics tbh.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Anyone with positive commentary out there?
    I'll decide with the casting and trailer.

yeah, althougy I am going to give Legion a try, I really do hope this show has some known fan fave mutants from the books and not more tv writers OCs.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I really feel the X-corporation as the "underground" network would work for this series.

I read there will be a mix of known Marvel mutants and original characters. As long as they stay balanced with known and new mutants, this show might be interesting. We still need to hear more about the show tho.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I'll remain positive about Legion and this series. I hope they will be good and not Mutant X cheap or Tomorrow People 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Between the lackluster Apocalypse and Fan4stic reviews, unclear post-Logan state and Marvel having a say on Legion and this thing, I'm starting to get the feeling FOX is losing it's grip.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

They keep saying "X-Men" but it's not. Its merely based in or on the X-Men film universe (not directly like AoS is to the MCU) and centered around characters that don't actually have any canonical foundations...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.