24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh YEAH, I'm DEFINITELY buying it!

17 70.83%
  • MAYBE, I might check it out.

5 20.83%
  • NOPE, not interested.

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This looks really good. I love the art so I will pick this up. I like Ren Kimura. The ONLY inhuman i may actually like. Ooooooooo Gerry Duggan place her in UA

Aw I love Kamala, Swain, and Flint, even if the latter is totally ripping off Rockslide. Pan was a well-done healer in All-New Inhumans.

Incredible Member

Ugh, Lorna completly dissapeared from the main continuity, a year ago, she's only been appearing on AU like X-men '92 and now in this.

She should be with daddyneto kicking ass, they could team up a send New Attilan flying to space or open a wormhole to suck the T-mist xD

Ultimate Member

I'd rather Lorna not just follow daddy around, and besides when last they met he lied to her and then stabbed her in the back and temporarily took her powers so I doubt that she's all that eager to see him again anytime soon for much...

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    This looks really good. I love the art so I will pick this up. I like Ren Kimura. The ONLY inhuman i may actually like. Ooooooooo Gerry Duggan place her in UA
    Especially after what Johnny pulled in IVX #2, ditch him and put Kimura on.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Ugh, Lorna completly dissapeared from the main continuity, a year ago, she's only been appearing on AU like X-men '92 and now in this.

She should be with daddyneto kicking ass, they could team up a send New Attilan flying to space or open a wormhole to suck the T-mist xD
    In the current reduced x-line if you aren't an A-list x-women, a character Fox film franchise is using like Betsy or among a tiny few other x-women that manage to make it through.

I think there is an opening for the character, but it's not as as a regular X-Men. There is an opening I feel for a mutant team that operates somewhere between where the X-Men it sounds like will be after this and Ultimate Brotherhood type terrorists. We will see if that door opens for her otherwise guest appearances mainly AU is probably the best one can hope for.

Mighty Member

I assume this will somehow relate to the main story eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Maybe, it might involve time travel to fix the timeline or something akin to that.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Excited for POLARIS!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Alternate future...huh...
    Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Yeah, looks like this has nothing to do with the main story at all. But who knows, might be some twist at the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Maybe, it might involve time travel to fix the timeline or something akin to that.
    Yeah, it says right in the beginning, "5 years from now, in Limbo-Town (formerly NYC)." And this type of story does tend to tie back into the present day somehow, in someway, otherwise what's the point. It's usually to try & fiX the timeline/prevent a future tragedy, or some such thing, as JMC suggested. BUT... I think there might be more than meets the eye happenin', in this case, and ALL... may not be what it seems, eXactly. For some possible clues as to what could REALLY be goin' on, here's the variant cover:

... and follow-up #8's cover. Obviously, TNW & her immense powers are heavily involved, along with DP's... troubled psyche, lol, perhaps? Which then begs the question, why Ren, Lorna, Kurt, Rachel, Karnak, Inferno, etc. ... why them?!

BTW, I love, LOVE, LOVE... the way Iban drew Polaris' headpiece, in that cover for #8! Much more battle-ready & warrior-like, and fittingly... very Magneto-esque; DaddyNeto would be SO proud! (ThX for that name also, Lollie_Poppy, love that too - it's a keeper!)
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-14-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... and follow-up #8's cover. Obviously, TNW & her immense powers are heavily involved, along with DP's... troubled psyche, lol, perhaps? Which then begs the question, why Ren, Lorna, Kurt, Rachel, Karnak, Inferno, etc. ... why them?!
    Maybe in this future they're the main team of X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That makes the most sense if it is alternate future that the current A list of X-Men and Inhumans for that matter were wiped out. If there is more to it then meets the eye then an AU story well that is something else entirely.

What's interesting is Nightcrawler is also on the cover of the next Spider-Man/Deadpool issue. I'm curious if there's any correlation.

BANNED

That makes the most sense if it is alternate future that the current A list of X-Men and Inhumans for that matter were wiped out. ...
    Maybe, that seems like the most logical conclusion, but...

... If there is more to it then meets the eye then an AU story well that is something else entirely.
    ... and putting the two covers together, my idea was this whole thing could be a manifestation of Wade's subconscious mind, that's somehow & for some reason been brought to "life"... by NTW, and... she's under duress.

OR... they're ALL being mind-controlled by her, and are immersed in a virtual reality of sorts that she's created, as a defense mechanism... in response to her suffering from outside stressors.

What's interesting is Nightcrawler is also on the cover of the next Spider-Man/Deadpool issue. I'm curious if there's any correlation.
    Good point. Plus regular Deadpool appears on the covers of the tie-ins and that Nightcrawler's got his classic costume on like Future Nightcrawler instead of the current chainmail crusader thing that Kurt's got goin' on. So maybe the future X-Men go back in time to prevent some crisis (because that is what literally every X-Man from the future has ever done) and they'll have some role in Till Death Do Us.
    Last edited by Agronac919; 01-14-2017 at 08:38 PM.