Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Default Power Pack Appreciation

I really loved the first thirty issues or so done by Lousie Simonson, June Brigman, and Jon Bogdanove. It was a great book about kids but not necessarily for kids. I can't say I cared for what followed after Jim Shooter left Marvel. The Michael Higgins issues were Gog awful! Also, wasn't a big fan of the all-ages version of Power Pack by Mark Sumerak although I do understand the logic behind making Power Pack a book for kids. I also think it was a big mistake to age the pack. Julie and Alex are now teenagers. But the whole point of Power Pack was that they were children who were superheroes! There are already many many teenage superhero teams out there. Not a bright move, Marvel.

They've only aged in line with the rest of the Marvel Universe. They've aged about 8 years in-universe in 33 real world years, compared to the Fantastic Four's 14 in 56.

BANNED

I grew up with Power Pack in the early 1980s and I still love the old comic book. The lizard alien bad guys were pretty scary on some of the front covers. The Power kids sure interacted alot with other Marvel characters back then such as Wolverine and Spider Man especially Wolverine. By the way is it just me or its really hard to even find at least one old back issue of Power Pack in comic shops while finding plenty of Alpha Flight?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

its cool that they have a appreciation thread. they need to born again on the comics.
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I also loved Power Pack and it would be nice to see them again (their appearance in the CW2 tie-in was nice, but I want to see more of them).

BANNED

Wait what? What civil war 2 tie in comic were the Power Pack kids in?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    I grew up with Power Pack in the early 1980s and I still love the old comic book. The lizard alien bad guys were pretty scary on some of the front covers. The Power kids sure interacted alot with other Marvel characters back then such as Wolverine and Spider Man especially Wolverine. By the way is it just me or its really hard to even find at least one old back issue of Power Pack in comic shops while finding plenty of Alpha Flight?
    I loved that!

Default Power Pack Appreciation Thread

Let's give a big round of appreciation for Louise Simonson's first team comic Power Pack. The four pre-teens battled evil aliens and mutants in New York City while trying to live a normal life of children. Louise did an excellent job of portraying the 4 Power kids in difficult situations and tackling mature themes like drug abuse, runaways, and pollution. Who can forget the alien Aelfyre "Whitey" Whitemane that started the entire thing.

Astonishing Member

Actually, PreacherJohn.....there's already a PP Appreciation Thread established here.......you just need to do a search to find it, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Actually, PreacherJohn.....there's already a PP Appreciation Thread established here.......you just need to do a search to find it, that's all.
    Oppps I did do a search for it and didn't find it. I'm sorry for the duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Thank ya.

I borrowed a Power Pack TPB form the library recently and really enjoyed it, I'd like to explore more of their comicbooks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I borrowed a Power Pack TPB form the library recently and really enjoyed it, I'd like to explore more of their comicbooks
    By now, you've about the related news due to some unique conections to the latest News on the F4....!!!

Yeah, the FF are back, and that means Alex is coming home!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman