Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Mighty Member

According to the current Runaways run, Julie is 18 because she said she's a college freshman. That makes the ages go as follow:

Alex = 21
    Julie = 18
    Jack = 16
    Katie = 13

Considering Franklin is stated to be slightly younger than Katie by either Tom or Axel, I'm going to give a rough estimate of 12 or 13 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if they're going to do Power Pack, it should be a cartoon. Then actor aging won't be an issue. I also don't think they'll want two kid teams, and Young Avengers/Champions is already being set up with Cassie already established, and we know there's plans for Kamala.
    I'm very surprised and disappointed that Power Pack hasn't made it to animation yet. we need 65 episodes!

Considering Franklin is stated to be slightly younger than Katie by either Tom or Axel, I'm going to give a rough estimate of 12 or 13 for him.
    Franklin was de-aged back to a younger form in the 90s. So he would be younger.

I'm very surprised and disappointed that Power Pack hasn't made it to animation yet. we need 65 episodes!
    They did get a live action tv pilot but it never got a full series.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    According to the current Runaways run, Julie is 18 because she said she's a college freshman. That makes the ages go as follow:

Alex = 21
    Julie = 18
    Jack = 16
    Katie = 13

Julie said she was 16-17 during that small CW2 story and when deaged, she said Katie was technically older than her at that point.

Man, this is getting insane to keep track of.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

If we can figure out Kitty Pryde's age we can be sure. IIRC She was said to be 15 during her first meeting with Power Pack back when Alex was said to be 12. If there are any recent mentions of a number for Kitty's age we can compare.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Julie said she was 16-17 during that small CW2 story and when deaged, she said Katie was technically older than her at that point.

Man, this is getting insane to keep track of.
    The Runaways issue that stated Julie's current age was published this year, so I'm using my most recent info.

I think we can agree that the 17-18 age is accurate, but I'm leading towards 17 as it was clearly established in the book and that 17 year old college freshman aren't particularly uncommon. Especially when it has been implied that Julie has skipped grades.

I love the series. I wish they'd do a full reprint run of it. I got my copy of the first issue signed by Louise Simonson back in 2005 at Wizard World Philly.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I hope Dan Slott can guest them in the Fantastic Four like how Jonathan Hickman guested them in the Future Foundation.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

So when did Alex exactly lose the giant metal boots that went alone with his costume?

Probably when he joined the Future Foundation. You can see on that cover that Katie and Jack have matching costumes but Alex and Julie's mismatch, Julie's being because she was in Avengers Academy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably when he joined the Future Foundation. You can see on that cover that Katie and Jack have matching costumes but Alex and Julie's mismatch, Julie's being because she was in Avengers Academy.
    Well that explain Julie, but Alex lost that aspect of his costume in Devin Grayson's Power Pack 63 without an explanation.

Speaking of artwork, I love the series, but I've always hated the artwork towards the end of the original run because these kids were way too buff for me to take seriously.

I wish there was a way to get Marvel to do a complete reprint of the series. They had 3 volumes of Classic Power Pack and then nothing.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It'd be nice. I'd settle for getting the rest of the series on MDCU, there are some pretty significant issue gaps last time I looked.

Mighty Member

I'm annoyed at lack of reprints, too. It's been forever.

In the hypothetical situation the Power Pack get a cartoon, who would you cast from the kids to their villains, what changes would you make, what stories would you like to adapt, and who would your ideal director and studio be?