Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

A Netflix Power Pack series would be so great for an all-ages superhero TV series :/

Seriously, the Kymellians and the Snarks also get you that pony and dinosaur toys market. Add to the fact that all the F4 movies failed, and gawd knows when the next Incredibles movie is actually coming out, Power Pack could really fill the family of supers niche for a while!

The big problem with Power Pack, of course, is that they'd age out of the roles fast. Don't forget, the Netflix Marvel shows actually only get a season roughly every two years. Also, their powers could be an issue on TV, partly due to cost and partly due to the fact Julie's power is flight, meaning you'd have health and safety issues (kids can only work so many hours a day and some of that precious time would be wasted setting up the rig).

Astonishing Member

An interesting suggestion (& it was #12 FYI) was made within the Article called The 15 Things We NEED To See In An All New MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    After reading the first issue of America...I would prefer them to stay in limbo than being written by Rivera...I doubt she would be able to understand their characterization...
    I have my doubts about that as well.

BANNED

Jeremy Whitley, Roxanne Gay, or Kelly Thompson handling the kids might lead to an all-new succesful ongoing series.

BANNED

Classy of marvel of having focused on Louise Simonson for WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jon Bogdanove!!!

Power Pack #22 May 1986
    Trapped!
    Alex Power becomes Dark Alex,

Edwin Jarvis guest-stars.

Script by Louise Simonson, pencils by Jon Bogdanove https://alchetron.com/Jon-Bogdanove-184637-W, inks by Bob Wiacek

Astonishing Member

Within the latest News of the returning RUNAWAYS Series; this Following Article from SyFy WIRE gives a very brief mention to Miss Julie Power within said article.

Astonishing Member

Just seen Today's September Solicts from Marvel Comics and among some of the exciting happenings for said comics; ROYALS #8 will have the Space Inhumans versus the Snarks....!!!

That's correct........one of the Pack's deadliest enemies versus the Royal Family.....!!

BANNED

That's what I looooooovvve about the 616 Marvel Universe; the exchanging of superheroes and supervillains in this case The Snarks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Don't be too certain that she wouldn't, since Julie was depicted as being bi (starting within RUNAWAYS which eventually was resolved within the AVENGERS Series).......Plus it was never implied that it would be either Jack or Katie/Kate within said situations either. So, let's wait until more is heard from Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I doubt that she would do a godo characterization of Julie, only because Julie is bi. After reading the first issue of America and feeling how much Rivera failed in understand America's voice, I doubt she would be able to achieve that with the Power siblings, no matter what is their sexual orientation...although I think that either Whitley or Kelly Thompson would do a great job with the Power Pack.
    Great for the fans of these characters

Power Pack MAX was planned 10 years ago... but Marvel Studios (not Marvel Comics!) nixed it.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...studios-nixed/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The big problem with Power Pack, of course, is that they'd age out of the roles fast. Don't forget, the Netflix Marvel shows actually only get a season roughly every two years. Also, their powers could be an issue on TV, partly due to cost and partly due to the fact Julie's power is flight, meaning you'd have health and safety issues (kids can only work so many hours a day and some of that precious time would be wasted setting up the rig).
    I think Power Pack should just go the Big Hero 6 route and be an animated Disney flick. Same with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Power Pack MAX was planned 10 years ago... but Marvel Studios (not Marvel Comics!) nixed it.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...studios-nixed/
    .....And the subject of the POWER PACK MAX Series is also mentioned here.

....An alternate story revealing the Pack in their teens/young adult years might've been interesting, but I guess not everybody would be comfortable with the Pack being 'too mature' (as in how the current JESSICA JONES Ongoing is being handled).

Astonishing Member

Here's an very interesting article concerning a special spinoff (by FOX) involving a member of the Power Pack, in which can be read here.