Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview page from Secret Warriors #8. Among the heroes Moon Girl has in her thought bubbles are a Runaway (Nico), Young Avengers (Wiccan, America), Avengers (Hercules, Nadia), and Champions (Miles, Cho, Nova)... and also one of the Powers.
    Thanks for posting that particular scene although {TBBH} I was waiting for the Full Colored Preview of this Issue, due out in November.....

Oh, and it's Jack AKA Mass Master, ICYDK...(and thanks for IDing Nico/Sister Grimm).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Sad to read the Gurihiru run is AU
    Well, I'm not sad. The original Power Pack was a book about kids but it was never intended to read solely by kids. Mark Sumerak really dumbed down the stories and the kids personalities, and poor Jack really got the worst of it.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday June Brigman!!!

Power Pack Holiday Special 1992
    "Small changes"
    In space, the Power family are heading to the Kymellians to find a cure for the various ailments that have been inflicted on them.
    Inside the spaceship Friday, Jack, Julie, and Katie are arguing while "mom", "dad", and "Alex" are sleeping.
    Julie says that she can't help think that things are all wrong.
    It might make sense for her mom to get upset to learn that her children have powers, but "not enough to go catatonic -- even with the Kymellian mind lock on her".

Power Pack is being observed by the Snark Queen Maraud (spelled Meraud throughout the issue) and the Kymellian Technocrat, and by the real Alex Power.
    It turns out that horse-head Alex and mom and dad are really all "pseudoplasms" created by the Technocrat.
    Something went wrong with the Alex replacement, which is why it sprouted the horsehead. And now all three pseudoplasms expire, with grotesque results.

Seeing the pseudoplasms fail, the Technocrat teleports Julie away from Friday and the two younger Powers, thinking that the youngest children will be helpless.
    And when Friday approaches the space station (that's no moon!) where the Technocrat and Maraud are hiding out, s/he comes under attack.
    Friday pretends to be damaged and is pulled into the station, so that Jack and Katie can rescue the rest of their family.

The Technocrat tries to play on the idea that the Powers think that all Kymellians are their friends, but Alex and Julie manage to escape before he can capture Jack and Katie.
    So Power Pack is reunited and up against the Technocrat's army of pseudoplasm Kymellians. The power swapping that we've seen on past occasions is back in effect.

It turns out that even the Technocrat is a pseudoplasm, and then it turns out that he's really an artificial intelligence and the space station itself is his real body.
    Power Pack manage to recover their real parents and escape the station before it is destroyed thanks to infighting between the Technocrat and Maraud.
    From the space station, the Powers head to the Kymellians current planet (the natural planet that they moved to after leaving the Techno-World).
    They are checked out by the Kymellians, but the mind lock that Yrik put on Power Pack's parents is left in place.

The kids are back with their original powers, and the parents don't know that they have powers.
    And the mindlocks will cause their parents to accept unusual occurrences, although they apparently won't help them accept the fact that their kids have powers.
    We won't be seeing Power Pack again until the New Warriors issues, so it's kind of a moot point, anyway.

Writtten by Louise Simonson with art by June Brigman
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._june_brigman/

Astonishing Member

Next Wednesday will finally happens.....

.....For thanks to Marvel Legacy, POWER PACK #63 will be released and the super-powered group of siblings will have a 'lost adventure' revealed in a unique way; via these Preview Pages, of course........

Preview of POWER PACK #63.

Astonishing Member

Courtesy of Newsarama.Com; Writer DEVIN GRAYSON gives a special Interview about the facts behine the tale being told by Katie Power within POWER PACK #63, via this Linkage below.......

Devin Grayson's Interview about POWER PACK #63.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What did you guys think of the new issue? I thought it was very heartfelt and captured the feelings of teenage angst that Katie is going through. The flashback was well done. I'm not necessarily sure how the story would go from here, but I'd be down with seeing more.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

If it goes to series, I imagine it'd pick up with Alex's return. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Marvel Two In One are already setting up the FF's comeback.

Mighty Member

This was a nice issue, I love how they did the first flashback and showed how Kite's teacher interpreted her story verses what she was trying to tell and the seconded story was really touching.

I hope this is part of Marvel's long term plan to reintroduce the Power Pack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    What did you guys think of the new issue? I thought it was very heartfelt and captured the feelings of teenage angst that Katie is going through. The flashback was well done. I'm not necessarily sure how the story would go from here, but I'd be down with seeing more.
    Very excellent points being made....especially with the readers learning how the youngest member of PP (besides Franklin Richards, of course) is currently dealing with her relationship of her family/super-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it goes to series, I imagine it'd pick up with Alex's return. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Marvel Two In One are already setting up the FF's comeback.
    .....Great idea and let's hope to see not just Alex and the Richards' family, but all of the Future Foundation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    This was a nice issue, I love how they did the first flashback and showed how Katie's teacher interpreted her story verses what she was trying to tell and the seconded story was really touching.

I hope this is part of Marvel's long term plan to reintroduce the Power Pack.
    I believe that was one of the moments within this "63rd Issue"; where the readers learn about how the interpretation of Katie's tale is seen from the Teacher's POV, in comparision as to how Katie remembers the Pack's rematch against Carmody/Boogyman....

Hopefully {and if the readers send in their request to Marvel}, the possibility of the return of Power Pack in another ongoing would be an excellent one under the MARVEL LEGACY's choices of their current comics......

PS........Oh and BTW, it's best to keep an eye out for Next Week's RUNAWAYS #3; since it was previously hinted about Julie/Lightspeed might be appearing within said Issue.

Katie's a teenager now? Geez.... i'm too far behind.. forget it..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Katie's a teenager now? Geez.... i'm too far behind.. forget it..
    Naaaaah.....she's a pre-teen.....Eleven years old TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    PS........Oh and BTW, it's best to keep an eye out for Next Week's RUNAWAYS #3; since it was previously hinted about Julie/Lightspeed might be appearing within said Issue.
    The preview mentions she has a beautiful girlfriend, though it doesn't name her.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-runaways-3/

Astonishing Member

The KIRBY 100 Article (from Marvel.Com, in which is honoring the 100th Birthday of Jack "The King" Kirby by looking back into the numerous MU heroes and villians under his artwork) focus on his work on FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #6, that introduces a signifient person who would later become a part of the Power Pack......

KIRBY 100: LET THERE BE.....LIFE..!!

Astonishing Member

Some slight Spoilages about SECRET WARRIORS #8........

Following the previous Issue where Inferno contact Moon Girl & Ms. Marvel, in order to rescue his sister's baby {who was kidnapped by Dark Beast};spoilers:
    The Secret Warriors were planning on the rescue when Magik appeared and despite Inferno's refusal toward her, offers to help against Dark Beast. Lunella reveals that not only do some of the younger/Teen MU Heroes have their own Forums {and Kamala/Ms. Marvel is one of them}, but Moon Girl's admits that she's trying to contact the Power Pack when Magik teleported in
    end of spoilers.

....And now you know about the scene showing the various Teen Heroes and including Jack Power/Mass Master among them.

So the Power Pack's three remaining members are operating as a team again? There was no indication of that in the one-shot.